Who to drop this week for Derby?

Remove this Banner Ad

Almost every derby I go in the preceding days saying i'm going to tip WC, then end up changing it at the last minute because I suddenly realise how all the logic points to us winning. I think its cause i read this board too much :)

Instead of CC going with a conventional forward line, maybe he needs to look at Lethal's plan. Last week he played Chris Johnson on Wirrpunda, a loose back playing as a forward on a loose back. It seemed to go pretty well, by taking Wirrpunda out of his comfort zone and thus was far less effective.

How about playing Hayden in a forward pocket?.

RIPPER_46 said:
We will have too much talent , pace , rebound in the back half for those dud forwards.

The ball will come in and it will come of the bat twice as fast to be gobbled up by Pav . Polly , Macpharlap.

We just need to put a hard tag on Hunter and Wirrapunda

good luck with that :thumbsu:

not a bad idea masai.judd struggles to beat a tag remember shaw beat him.the biggest problem IMO is cox and kerr,maybe put j carr on kerr.would be nice if crowley and dodd did more with the ball.

Our 3 main scares are Judd, Kerr and Cox so If we tag Judd and Kerr we should get most of the game closed and flood, flood, flood! Also If we could get sandilands to run with Cox or just someone to stop Cox having a free flowing game. Defence is the best Offense.

Someone may have said it before, but in terms of matching up on Cox, I reckon Johnson should go with him at times, because it seems we won't have J-Lo in the side. Will Sandi be able to keep up with him?

Pray tell me why there is always some moron who asks the question of who we drop this week?
For christ sake we have won three lost two why do we continually talk about dropping players when we win.
If you don't like the way the team is going go elsewhere and follow tiddly winks.
You all ask for something from the boys who are selected yet you always want to drop someone.Stable teams without players being dropped are the sides who go well alll year.Listen to the good coaches and hear them say "we have not had to make changes thats why we are going so well".
Let the boys play if they go badly for a week or two then think about dropping them.
There was even one meat headed moron I think was on here who wanted to send Pavulous back to the WAFL the second week in!!!!Get a life people get real.

Some changes will be unavoidable, wiz and macca (most likely) are gorn for this week already, and i reckon happy should sit out this week from what he has/hasn't shown. Most here agree with that, so the question is also, who do we bring in this week?

Are Longmuir and Hasleby fit?

After watching the weekends game again, I think the changes should be:

OUT: McManus (inj), Cook, Gilmore, Farmer (susp)

In: Peake, Hasleby, Medhurst, Longmuir

If Hasleby isn't fit, bring in Hayden/ Walker.

If Longmuir isn't fit, bring in Murphy.

We need tons of pace if we are to have a chance.

You'll need to bring in Jesus, God and Michael Jordan to have a shot at beating us :D

Seriously though, should be a good game, Derby's always are. Farmer is a big loss for you guys though as Medhurst is usually given a bath by Chick. Kerr, Cuz and Nicoski to come back in too....

jod23 said:
You'll need to bring in Jesus, God and Michael Jordan to have a shot at beating us :D

Seriously though, should be a good game, Derby's always are. Farmer is a big loss for you guys though as Medhurst is usually given a bath by Chick. Kerr, Cuz and Nicoski to come back in too....

Can't play (the purple) Jesus, he's been suspended for doing the world a favour. 'Air' Johnson is our Jordan, and we may not have God but Dodd might be able to usher some of your boys just that little bit closer to their final resting place (here's hoping :D).

Besides, with Luke McPharlin singin hymns and bringin down screamers from the heavens, we should expect to have the big man upstairs barracking for us. And yes, i do expect it to be a good game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

masai said:
How about playing Hayden in a forward pocket?.
Yes, please. I dream of Roger in the forward line. Fast, great overhead and silky skilled. Kicked a beauty against Essendon a couple of years back. I could see him as consistent version of Cupido.

CC will never play Roger as a forward.

I've changed my mind since earlier in the week...

Longmuir doesn't look fit, can't see him getting up for the derby, even Hase is probably still 80-20 chance.

IN: Hase (If decalred fit enough)
Medders (plays better when Wiz not there & vice versa)
Walker (need some pace this week)
Campbell (see below)

OUT: McManus (hammy)
Gilmore (poor form)
Farmer (1 week laughable suspension)
M Carr (poor form, though he did improve in Tassie, must rest this game as we need pace!)

Adam Campbell for inclusion...my smokie....could play in forward line & assist rucking when Cox resting. Has been in very good form for the Falcons, a boomin' kick & will be a surprise packet. Also like his aggression, & I'd rate him ahead of Michael Warren. Kicked 3 goals v Port in only pre-season game, been on list a few years, why not a derby to try make a name for himself?

inferno66 said:
Time to get him out of the back line. He should be in our midfield instead or even try him as a crumer in our foward line
Exactly. Isnt it about time CC cottons on? Bloody hell.

Burnzy said:
Can't play (the purple) Jesus, he's been suspended for doing the world a favour. 'Air' Johnson is our Jordan, and we may not have God but Dodd might be able to usher some of your boys just that little bit closer to their final resting place (here's hoping :D).

Besides, with Luke McPharlin singin hymns and bringin down screamers from the heavens, we should expect to have the big man upstairs barracking for us. And yes, i do expect it to be a good game.

awsome rebuttal with johnson jordan and elvis and dodd god....

Jaymin said:
How far is Marcus Drum off getting a game for Freo?

to be honest i dont know he didnt do great last week in WAFL so will be a while.

Is my 2005 Buddy (JLo) really not fit? I was hoping he'd make it back for this game so I could brag about him smashing the Eagles saturday night after the game!

Anyone got any up-to-date news on Justin's fitness??

dockers_bengals said:
not a bad idea masai.judd struggles to beat a tag remember shaw beat him.the biggest problem IMO is cox and kerr,maybe put j carr on kerr.would be nice if crowley and dodd did more with the ball.
I would think Judd cops a pretty heavy tag every week but he still plays great footy. I agree we have to make Wirrapunda accountable, even if it is a tag, Johncock destroyed us playing exactly the same game as Wirra does. Schammer in the forward pocket does sound interesting.

Schammer has been far from our worst.

Peake is not near it as far as a game for us right now.

I might be wrong but Peake had 8(!) disposals in the WAFL last week. Hes gotta show more than that.

Medders for Farmer, Hase for Macca, J Lo for Gilmore.

I'd like to see Medders lay one of his now-famous hip and shoulders onto Wirrpanda, might slow him down some. Speaking of that, defensive pressure all over the ground will be bloody important, particularly the forward line coz we will be missing Jeff. Another good reason i reckon why we could try Schammer in a forward pocket, he's got a good defensive aspect to his game, but he still knows how to kick a goal.

OFFICIAL...

Fremantle
In: Hasleby, Longmuir, Medhurst, Murphy, Walker
Out: McManus (inj), Farmer (susp), Cook, Crowley, Gilmore (omit)

I doubt Longmuir will play, & I'd say Crowley will come back in? Bit harsh on young Crowls, has certainly had a better season than Matt Carr.

Toast has bought in Kerr for suspended dirty bastard Waters. Cousins is named as an emergency...so they'll wait & see if he comes up...bets on that he will be playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back