Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

PieLebo87

Hall of Famer
Veteran A Star Wars Fan 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur
Sep 14, 2005
Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

No comment on the details of the post?
Nope.

Because we heard it all before at the end of 2021, when we were in for AT LEAST 5 years of Carlton like mediocrity in the bottom 4.

Fast forward two years, and we have seen a narrow Preliminary Final loss and a premiership - two seasons that have been better than any one of Carlton's seasons in the past 24 years.

So pardon me for completing disregarding the 'opinion'.

1. Unfortunately I think the Pies are not poor and will easily make Finals.
  2. Happily the Blues are not as good as the drowners in bathwater would suggest.
Pies are not a bad team - they will make finals I agree. Plenty of time to get things together.

Point 2 is just a GUH troll.

Pies are not a bad team - they will make finals I agree. Plenty of time to get things together.

Point 2 is just a GUH troll.

Hardly Chef.

It is disappointing when a not unreasonable observation is described as trolling.

I have zero skin in this thread and obviously hold no candle for either team.

I reckon having a few neutrals in this thread helps make sense of it all.

Who knows, maybe the Pies and Blues could finish 6 and 7. Tha5 would make for a fun final.

Hardly Chef.

It is disappointing when a not unreasonable observation is described as trolling.

I have zero skin in this thread and obviously hold no candle for either team.

I reckon having a few neutrals in this thread helps make sense of it all.

Who knows, maybe the Pies and Blues could finish 6 and 7. Tha5 would make for a fun final.

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

"Drowners in bathwater" is a troll.

I mean... that's what it is.

I have no idea why you would ever think anyone would see you post that and think "Hmmm... reasonable observation and not at all a troll".

Nope.

Because we heard it all before at the end of 2021, when we were in for AT LEAST 5 years of Carlton like mediocrity in the bottom 4.
2021 claiming you would have a better season than Demons and us?

Fast forward two years, and we have seen a narrow Preliminary Final loss and a premiership - two seasons that have been better than any one of Carlton's seasons in the past 24 years.

2022 claiming we would only have 8 wins, 2023 us finishing 11th?

You moan about people talking about the past, yet continue to drag the conversation there at every chance

Try and stay in the present, the OP

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope.

Where is the youth that will be replacing Pendles, Sidebottom, Cox, Crisp, Elliot etc in the next few years? Some of them already look to have slowed down dramatically over the off season

Where is the youth that will be replacing Pendles, Sidebottom, Cox, Crisp, Elliot etc in the next few years? Some of them already look to have slowed down dramatically over the off season
A few of them might be gone at the end of this season.

So far 2 games in hand for Carlton potentially as much as 4 after this round... that would be a good start for the good guys of the competition...

Against this - we have previously heard from a certain Collingwood poster that beating Brisbane at the Gabba may not be a good indicator of anything much - if this is true and the Gabba is no longer a fortress - Collingwood might get a win this week...the alternative is, of course, more appealing.

So you forgot what you posted 2 days ago as opposed to today in the 2 posts I quoted yet you chose to take a cheap shot at me.

Boy oh boy wowee!

Shush now BT (actually I can’t say this, that would be mean).

Nothing I do is cheap. Bill is in the mail. I do take instalments if you are short of the readies. Otherwise I suggest you consult with Horrorhead Finance which I understand is a highly reputable institution.

Shush now BT (actually I can’t say this, that would be mean).

Nothing I do is cheap. Bill is in the mail. I do take instalments if you are short of the readies. Otherwise I suggest you consult with Horrorhead Finance which I understand is a highly reputable institution.

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

Back