Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

Lol a Dogs supporter talking about being propped up financially. Oh dear and you would be in the WRFL struggling to beat Spotswood right now if not for your cash the league has given you peasants over the last 50yrs.

Gee how quickly some parts of history are conveniently forgotten when it suits ones agenda. Dogs have been one of the poorest VFL/AFL clubs since the the 1950s.
Funny you say that considering you and many Carlton supporters coveniently forget to address or mention the last 20 years. Now that nightmare is over it’s back to glory day talk. Lack of knowledge on your part too, your talk of Footscray financial difficulty is off by about two decades.

Getting record profits in through pokies still, actually your largest source of income in recent years, living in the past are the blues and long shall it continue.

And it was 5 grand finals, not 4 . And they couldn't get the job done in any of them. Glorious days indeed
We don't need to count draws as an additional top 2 finish.

Collingwood finished top 2 four times in the seven year period that was selected as a 'gotcha' moment.

Yes, we were so mediocre during those years.

Wowee.

Meanwhile, Carlton posters joyous about 'breaking a finals drought'.

Collingwood finished top 2 four times in the seven year period that was selected as a 'gotcha' moment.

Wowee.

So now you merge two periods to strengthen your argument

32 year drought, no matter how you frame it

Anyway, this is 2024, finally you have crossed the border

Indeed.

How dare anyone reference the 'hand picked two decades', which just happens to be the most recent two decades in the history of time.

But all good for a Blues poster to come at Pies posters with the gotcha that is 1976 to 1982, despite Collingwood playing in four Grand Finals in that time...
Cherry picking stats works for anyone’s argument to choose the ones they want.

History of the game since its beginning never lies and tells the true story of a successful franchise/team over the whole history of the comp.

By all means though choosing this century which is relatively young and wiping out the 80s and 90s suits some and good luck to those that lie on that side of the bed!

Also doesnt help most in here having tantys and crying were born well after the year 2000 and just echoing their hating fathers statements who was probably a witness to the heroics of the Harmes tap in the 79 GF! Only then to have Peter Moore throw away his medals after again losing the big games.

History will never go away even if salty 15yo nerds in here want it to!

Wowee.

I think you have missed the point of the conversation by coming in a bit late. That's ok. Next time have a bit of a read what was said

Our 'argh so close' moments over the last 20 years have amounted to nothing.

Oh, except two flags.

Except those aren't 'argh so close' moments but years where the flag fell in your lap.

You've been gloating about GF losses non-stop. You know? Your imaginary silver medal.

Yes, I agree. Such things like an 81-point belting by the hands of Richmond in 1980 or a relatively more recent 50-point defeat against Brisbane in 2003 deserve a real, materialistic 'at least you made it' award.

Last edited:
Funny you say that considering you and many Carlton supporters coveniently forget to address or mention the last 20 years. Now that nightmare is over it’s back to glory day talk. Lack of knowledge on your part too, your talk of Footscray financial difficulty is off by about two decades.

Getting record profits in through pokies still, actually your largest source of income in recent years, living in the past are the blues and long shall it continue.
Not our fault we have big money financial backers that will never see us fail in The hardest times which are few and far between while you guys have tins and a permanent knee board under the desk of the AFL CEO to ensure you minnows dont fold and wipe your chin next time.

Yes, I agree. Such things like an 81-point belting by that hands of Richmond in 1980 or a relatively more recent 50-point defeat against Brisbane in 2003 deserve a real, materialistic 'at least you made it' award.
A similar award to the one Carlton won for breaking their decade long finals drought in 2023?

Except in 1980 and 2003, Collingwood went a step further than Carlton did last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A similar award to the one Carlton won for breaking their decade long finals drought in 2023?

Except in 1980 and 2003, Collingwood went a step further than Carlton did last year.

I am not the one here conjuring up an imaginary "silver" medal for grand final failures.

I expect nothing less than a flag for my team like everyone else for the teams they follow.

I reckon we should start another thread - 'Who's closer to being a Powerhouse - Carlton or Western Bulldogs'?
Chief likes this!

Carlton are Big Footy bread and butter! Win / Lose / Draw every thread even a gameday one is massively represented post wise and most of our game day threads have more comments before a ball is bounced compared to some other games when it is over and i thought we were irrelevant and rubbish??? 🤣🤣

Rent free living Big Footy wise is alive and well for a team that has done nothing for 2 decades! #salty

4 losing grand finals yeah? 5 if you include the draw
Also had a string of highlights including 2 record scores and knocking Carlton out of the finals twice

A very enjoyable era

Worst era for me was 1985-2001, only one year of winning finals in that time period, very poor bordering on irrelevant

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Been squabbling about the glory days since page one.
Yes, Collingwood fans are reigning premier and are proven performers.

Carlton have been an irrelevant minnow for ALL of the 21st century, collecting spoons and barely ever having a winning season, the baggers want to talk about the 1970s.

Rinse and repeat.

Back