Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

Who will be better in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Mainly here so we can enjoy the LOLs afterwards at the end of 2023, but also an interesting discussion point.

I’m in genuine two minds and can’t call it, but who do you see finishing higher in 2023?

Who is positioned better from a list/team perspective?

Let the games begin…

Mod Note: This is a thread for BANTER and giving and taking a bit of the mickey. Enter at your own risk!
However this does NOT mean name calling, personal abuse, injury trolling, swearing or gifs/memes with swear words in them. Keep it clean and above the belt.
Thank you.

Except.... it wasn't my team that lost....

And for some strange reason, it still triggered you enough to put all your energy into posting a conspiracy theory around Carlton "cheating" a win.

Oh my! Fadge was thinking "I can't credit blues for an electric start, leading for an entire game and holding on. I'll just scrape the barrel, join in the deluded chrous and nitpick a 'one in every game' blunder to argue why they didn't deserve to win. That will save my arse surely"

Just goes to show Carlton does everything better than everyone else.
100%

Just like St Kilda was clearly the worst team and laughing stock of the 20th century.

In the 21st century, Carlton stands alone unrivalled in their ineptitude and irrelevance as a premiership threat.

I actually take more joy out of you making yourself look like a fool with your yearly copy-paste death-riding Carlton predictions.

Given it's a "broken clock" approach, I suppose they will come right someday.
🤣🤣🤣

It is the anti clock, as he has been right 20 of last 22 seasons!

🤣🤣🤣

Well what do you know? That is the exact same strike rate as me copy-pasting "Collingwood won't win the flag"

20 out of 22. Neck and neck. 😎
So in the last 22 years, Carlton have finished higher than Collingwood the same number of times Collingwood have won the flag?

Well done you (and Carlton).

👏 👏 👏

So in the last 22 years, Carlton have finished higher than Collingwood the same number of times Collingwood have won the flag?

👏 👏 👏

Only this hasn't been your prediction.

It was finishing Carlton 11th one year. No wait... 13th the next... no even better... 16th this year. Next year... last again?

Have you been getting into your father's alcohol cabinet?

This GIF sums up the carlton supporters in here

monty python misc films GIF

👏 👏 👏
In a four year period, Richmond won more flags than Collingwood has in the last 60 years.

See what I did there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton were a VFL powerhouse, so were Fitzroy and Melbourne.

Only Melbourne have shown any relevance to AFL football in the 21st century to date.

Carlton are the General Motors of footy teams, the behemoth back in the 20th century but didnt move with the times and has struggled to compete in the 21st century.
Imagine trying to use Fitzroy in an argument to try and justify one's standing in a competition ?
This is the same Fitzroy who moved from Brunswick St, to Junction oval, to whitten oval , to Princes Park , to Victoria Park , back to Princes Park and finally laid to rest at Whitten Oval ? Is this the powerhouse club who are talking about ? The same club who Carlton let hold a disco after every home game under the Robert Heatley Stand just so they could scrape together some cash to pay for next week's crepe paper banner ? Are you sure you are talking about the same Fitzroy here ? I don't ever recall them ever being referred to as a powerhouse. How old are you - 100 ?

Only this hasn't been your prediction.

It was finishing Carlton 11th one year. No wait... 13th the next... no even better... 16th this year. Next year... last again?

Have you been getting into your father's alcohol cabinet?

I come int this thread and have great banter with many good Carlton fans, many I respect as really good posters. Is there any need to use belittling comments like your last one. Just demeaning bs to be honest.

I come int this thread and have great banter with many good Carlton fans, many I respect as really good posters. Is there any need to use belittling comments like your last one. Just demeaning bs to be honest.

I'd have a look at your own side for a minute, 1 or 2 love playing the poster

Here’s a fact… many teams have won more flags than Collingwood in that time. Collingwood have 3 in 66 years and you all think your shite don’t stink.

Loved the booing of Sheed at today’s game, it must still hurt so much.
Still not factually correct.

66 years would be 12th May 1958 to 12th May 2024.

I count 4.

Keep trying, you'll get there eventually.

Back