Who will step up for your club in 2015?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rich, Leunberger, D. Beams and Christensen.

I reckon it could be Ben Jacobs for us (cue laughter from Port Adelaide supporters).

Here is the history of Ben Jacobs

- Dominant inside midfielder in the TAC cup, regularly racking up 40+ touches.
- Port Adelaide select him the first round, comparisons to Joel Selwood were made.
- They try to ease him into AFL by playing a half back role, he fails miserably.
- Gets homesick.
- Goes to Arden Street.
- Dominant inside midfielder in the VFL, regularly racking up 40+ touches.
- We play him in a run with role, did alright on some flankers and usually got around 20 touches for himself.
- We play him as a small back, lulz were had by all at his shitness in this role

That's roughly it, with Levi gone, he is likely going to get the Run With/Ballwinner role. So at 23 years of age and almost 50 games, the first round draft pick will finally play in the position he was drafted for, don't be shocked if he looks like a competent footballer.

really want Simpson to return from the ether.

but relatively it also could be Sheridan, Crozier, Sylvia or Morabito who all could become best 22 and have an impact.

Brad Crouch- played 11 games for the year and come back in R15 vs Port Adelaide and dominated after a stint on the sidelines from a broken leg which occurred in R2 vs Port Adelaide on the back of no pre season, could easily win our Best and fairest with a full pre season

Ben Griffiths will continue his upward trend and I really want Tyrone to follow him, these two fit and firing will allow Jack Reiwoldt to get even better.

I reckon it could be Ben Jacobs for us (cue laughter from Port Adelaide supporters).

- Port Adelaide select him the first round, comparisons to Joel Selwood were made.
- They try to ease him into AFL by playing a half back role, he fails miserably.
- Gets homesick.
- Goes to Arden Street.
- We play him in a run with role, did alright on some flankers and usually got around 20 touches for himself.
- We play him as a small back, lulz were had by all at his shitness in this role

That's roughly it, with Levi gone, he is likely going to get the Run With/Ballwinner role. So at 23 years of age and almost 50 games, the first round draft pick will finally play in the position he was drafted for, don't be shocked if he looks like a competent footballer.
By who?

Jacobs has always been a soft accumulator who's skills look pretty at times (even though they aren't amazing at all). Therefore anyone would always trial him at half back. I doubt anyone ever thought he was Selwood like at all.

I think you're right he's a midfielder and will find more footy in that role. Similar to David Myers who Essendon fans kept screaming for to be given more of a shot in the midfield. Wouldn't at all surprise me if he improved but at the same time he's always been a player who just doesn't endear himself to his coaches.

By who?

Jacobs has always been a soft accumulator who's skills look pretty at times (even though they aren't amazing at all). Therefore anyone would always trial him at half back. I doubt anyone ever thought he was Selwood like at all.

I think you're right he's a midfielder and will find more footy in that role. Similar to David Myers who Essendon fans kept screaming for to be given more of a shot in the midfield. Wouldn't at all surprise me if he improved but at the same time he's always been a player who just doesn't endear himself to his coaches.

It was just the usual predraft hype, where every half decent 18 year old gets loosely compared to a champion by the media.

Jed Anderson for us. I think Sicily will also play a handful of games and look really promising but be squeezed out come finals. Seeing Anderson and Langford tear it up in the same side will be exciting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Beams leaving, i hope a 2-3 players can step up.
Hopefully a few can jump in and average about 20 disposals a game, Adams and Thomas hopefully can do this.

- Gets homesick.
- Goes to Arden Street.

agree

he has real upside in his natural role

Adelaide:
both crouch brothers and possibly Mitch Grigg (rate him pretty highly).

Brisbane
:
Mcstay
Harwood
Mayes

Carlton:
Menzel
Casboult
Henderson

Collingwood:
Sidebottom (jump to elite)
Elliot (maintain consistent first half of 2014 form)
Seedsman

Essendon:
Z.Merrett

Fremantle:
Neale
Hannath
Walters

Gold Coast:
Martin
Bennell
KK
Lynch

Geelong:
Duncan
Caddy
Horlin-Smith

GWS:
Tomlinson
Sheil
Hoskin-Elliot

Hawthorn:
Langford
B.Hill
Litherland

Melbourne:
Viney
Gawn

North Melbourne:
Atley
Brown

Port Adelaide:
Wines
Moore
O'Shea
Neade

Richmond:
Ellis (become elite)
Vlastuin (overcome 2nd year blues)

St Kilda:
Billings
Dunstan
Shenton

Sydney:
Cunningham
Rohan
Rampe

Western Bulldogs:
Hrovat
Stevens
Macrae
Dahlaus

West Coast:
Lycett
Shuey
Darling

Ziebell- Finally an injury free run after an injury interrupted year
Hansen- Turn himself into a gorilla back and take his already solid game up a notch.
Cunnington- Improving his engine from 73% game time will help get to more contests, more possessions and more goals.
Black-Injury interrupted season and 2nd season blues, should be primed to go.

- Gets homesick.
- Goes to Arden Street.

It sucks that he's never persisted with as an inside midfielder for large portions at AFL level. BTW his run with role was on Isaac Smith, which won us the match against the Hawks.

Hopefully Joel Tippett can establish himself as a Lonergan-type key defender. I want Ben Brown and Aaron Black to be making it hard for Jarrad Waite to get a game, and for Mason Wood to take his chances. I think Ryan Bastinac and Kieran Harper have both had massive drops in their stocks, and both could be crucial to us improving on our results from 2014.

The one who I am predicting to step up, rather than merely hoping, will be Luke McDonald. Forget the second year blues, I think he will get released more from his back-line spot, and with another year of experience under his belt, won't be as easily beaten. Think he beats Jacobs out for the midfield spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back