Who Wins by a Greater Margin in Round 9 - Sydney or Hawthorn?

Who Wins by a Greater Margin in Round 9 - Sydney or Hawthorn?

• Sydney

• Hawthorn

• One game wil be close-ish (margin under 40 points)

• Both games wil be close-ish (margin under 40 points)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
After a great, tight battle against each other this past Saturday night, both the Swans and the Hawks encounter some lowly opposition who are ripe for the picking in Round 9, with Sydney taking on the beleaguered Carlton at the SCG on Friday night, and Hawthorn taking on an injury-ravaged Gold Coast at Aurora Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

With every game and percentage point counting for last year's grand finalists in terms of finals positioning, and considering where the Blues and the Suns are at, the latter strugglers could be on the end of two of the biggest hammerings of the season.

So, who wins by a great margin this week - the Swans or the Hawks?

Last edited:
Neither game will be a overly great flogging.

Sydney and Hawthorn will get out to 10+ goal leads before putting the cue in the rack.

Last time we played Carlton out was close until Bud went nuts and kicked 5 in the 3rd qtr, from the team total of 11 for the qtr.

I expect it'll be the second quarter this time.

Neither game will be a overly great flogging.

Sydney and Hawthorn will get out to 10+ goal leads before putting the cue in the rack.

You never know, though.

Sydney's midfield should destroy Carlton, and Buddy, Tippett etc. should have a feast on that backline just on regular delivery alone.

Hawthorn basically beat Melbourne by a century in a canter a couple of weeks ago, too. They may take out their recent frustrations on the hapless Suns in a similar manner, just because they can.

Both games have the potential to get quite ugly for the losing side.

OUT: Mike Pyke, Ted Richards, Rhyce Shaw, Adam Goodes
IN: Toby Nankervis, Aliir Aliir, Jack Hiscox, Abaina Davis

;)

Goodes will play, but I can see Franklin for instance being a chance for the red vest at halftime. I just can't see us belting a side, not much point. Get 50+ points and move onto next week.

Goodes will play, but I can see Franklin for instance being a chance for the red vest at halftime. I just can't see us belting a side, not much point. Get 50+ points and move onto next week.

If the Swans midfield dominates and Franklin gets good supply, he could kick 10. Rarely does he play two bad games in a row. Cartlon don't have any defender who can match him. Thirteen could be in danger. :p

If the Swans midfield dominates and Franklin gets good supply, he could kick 10. Rarely does he play two bad games in a row. Cartlon don't have any defender who can match him. Thirteen could be in danger. :p

Maybe...IF he plays the full game. I can see this being a game that I really don't want o watch. Get to 3./4 time and not risk our best players too much.

Freo might be a chance for the biggest margin this weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we get a 3rd vote option...

dont_give_a_shit_morgan_freeman.gif

No doubt we will win by 120+ which will inspire all the media to talk up the fact that the Hawks have "sent a message to the rest of the competition" that they're still a contender.

Then we'll roll up next week and let the Saints get out to an 8 goal lead in the first quarter before pegging them back to take the lead in the last - only to concede a goal with 10 seconds to go for a 2 point loss.

Malthouse coaches Sydney win by 100+. I can't see a single positive in keeping him at the helm, the players know he is dead, he knows he is dead, so why would anyone care. If the players cared then they would've tried in the last few weeks, but they haven't so why would anyone think they would now. Only chance for under 100 point loss is for it to pour with rain.

Hawthorn will win by close to 100 too.

Hawthorn - without doubt.

The Swans style of one-to-one football works on incremental pressure, slowly strangling the opponents. The Hawks just break your heart by the excellence of their systems, running power and kicking accuracy.

The Hawks might win by 150+. The Swans will beat Carlton by the usual 75 - 100.

No doubt we will win by 120+ which will inspire all the media to talk up the fact that the Hawks have "sent a message to the rest of the competition" that they're still a contender.

Then we'll roll up next week and let the Saints get out to an 8 goal lead in the first quarter before pegging them back to take the lead in the last - only to concede a goal with 10 seconds to go for a 2 point loss.

Feels like groundhog day.

We will win by 100+ because we will be out to make amends for another close loss.

Odd numbered week, Hawthorn 'have a point to prove' and GC are particularly bad at the moment. I expect we will win by 20 goals. I just hope that no one at the club thinks that the ship is righted afterwards.

Back