Opinion who's set for a big year? who needs a big year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitchell. Needs to justify the hype, which I think he will. Hewett to get a few games., I'm still on his bandwagon, and Jones to usurp Shaw by seasons end.

Runs and hides.....

Jetta will go close to All Australian this year, just you watch.

Who needs a big season, and I hate to say this but Rohan. We can't use the injury card for 5 years. Sooner or later he has to show more than a glipse here and there. Also ur reserve rucks need to come on, Pyke won't be around forever.

im assuming who ever takes malceski spot would need a big year...... curious as to who would fill that spot.... rampe maybe? or is he ready?

Mitchell. Needs to justify the hype, which I think he will. Hewett to get a few games., I'm still on his bandwagon, and Jones to usurp Shaw by seasons end.
Hope Shaw gets better treatment then Okeefe and actually gets a send off game.
Think Rohan and Cunningham are in for big years and think Jetta and mcveigh need big years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't think he was that good in the game against Brisbane, but Brandon Jack has been regularly and consistently talked up by all-comers. Hannebery is the latest: http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2015-03-10/hannebery-a-settled-swan

He
will get a lot of senior games this year if everything coming from the club is to be believed

If I had a dollar someone is talked up pre season I'd be a multi millionaire! However, he is a Swan, lets give him a chance.

Talking about the players for a minute (a novel concept I know)

Needs a big year: Reid, Tippett
Set for a big year: Mitchell, Rampe

Tippett just needs to stay fit. I am more than happy with his output when he does play,its just he plays once every few weeks.

He said in the pre season his goal was to add some size. Maybe he should take the goodes approach and lose a little weight as to reduce the stress on his knees. Goodes is 35 years old with alot more kns on the clock with a dodgy knee. If he can manage to play the majority of the season at his age then there is no reason tippett cant get a few more games out of himself per year

I really don't think he was that good in the game against Brisbane, but Brandon Jack has been regularly and consistently talked up by all-comers. Hannebery is the latest: http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2015-03-10/hannebery-a-settled-swan

He
will get a lot of senior games this year if everything coming from the club is to be believed

He was the best trainer last year in the pre season aswell. In saying that his body looks a little more maturer this year. A few times i had to double take to see who it was

He

I don't know what BJ's stats were nor do I much care.

What pleased me about him was the way he burrowed in. Aggressively. Like he really wanted it. Often you see newcomers kind of run alongside waiting for the ball to spill out or whatever. And BJ's done a bit of that in his previous games. But against Brisbane he really got stuck in and laid some solid tackles and won some tough ball. I don't doubt his talent, and now I'm happier with his intent.

no doubt the biggest change I saw with B Jack was intent. Half the mental game I suppose when you're young and light. He looked a few kgs heavier mainly in the legs too.

Could become a player still.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can you guys tell me anything significant about Jetta's pre season? Seems to have under performed a bit last year but would imagine he should be ready for a big one now

According to some he is the worst footballer since Adam was a boy...
The reality is that he had a shocker in the GF but a very good 2014 over all.

Last edited:
can you guys tell me anything significant about Jetta's pre season? Seems to have under performed a bit last year but would imagine he should be ready for a big one now
Jetta was better than alot of people remember last year. Wasnt as flashy as 2012 but a lot more consistant and got a few more touches. Just needs to lift his defensive game

To all the jetta haters

2013 - average disposal and tackles was 11 and 2

2014 average- 17 and 3

In 2014 jetta ranked 11th at the club for possessions and 8th for tackles.

Notebles who ranked lower than him for tackles were : rampe,mal,smith,franklin,goodes,grundy,laidler,rohan and richards

To all the jetta haters

2014 average- 17 and 3

Notebles who ranked lower than him for tackles were : rampe,mal,smith,franklin,goodes,grundy,laidler,rohan and richards

Got his grand final stats handy?

So he improved on his own previous average efforts

To all the jetta haters

2014 average- 17 and 3

thats a surprise to me. I think I must have been more focused on his poor GF performance because I had in my mind 2013 was his better year.

thats a surprise to me. I think I must have been more focused on his poor GF performance because I had in my mind 2013 was his better year.

He was injured for half of 2013.

What are peoples updated thoughts halfway through the season?

Marsh, Hewett, Jack, Johnson, Nankervis and Aliir are all out of contract at the end of this year and have played a combined 1 quarter of AFL in 2015. Are some of them in jeopardy? The other key players are Sam Naismith (3rd year on rookie list - must be upgraded or delisted) and Lloyd Perris, who is on his 2nd year on the rookie list.

i think parker, k.jack & hanners will have big years.

Parker is on the rise and just has that determination that you know hell continue to push himself and improve.

k.jack was nursing injuries in 2014 and seemed to lack the polish he normally had in front of goals. i think he'll return to the form of a few years ago and really impact the scoreboard.

hanners, had a down year in 14. too much pride to have 2 substandard years imo. came back in great shape, i think he'll be getting plenty of the ball in 2015.

Bird needs a big year imo. was getting there in 2014 but injury struck. he needs to take his game to another level imo. he's an.injury away from dropping down the pecking order. in his favour, he's a great shut down player, so has a niche position to some extent. but still needs to lift to maintain his spot.

id just like to say ive been pretty spot on with my calls. parker, jack and hanners 3 of our top 4 performers, along with the ever-consistent kennedy. bird has dropped down the packing order.

What are peoples updated thoughts halfway through the season?

Marsh, Hewett, Jack, Johnson, Nankervis and Aliir are all out of contract at the end of this year and have played a combined 1 quarter of AFL in 2015. Are some of them in jeopardy? The other key players are Sam Naismith (3rd year on rookie list - must be upgraded or delisted) and Lloyd Perris, who is on his 2nd year on the rookie list.

You know more about Allir Allir than most of us is he a chance to make it?
Hewett i can see being offered a contract from another club
Johnson is being kept on the list as a good will by the club sadly i dont see how he will ever make it back :(:(
Naismith will surely get upgraded
Marsh will probably get delisted
Jack wont make it will get delisted

Naismith was already upgraded a couple of months ago, right? Or did you mean Nankervis?

Allir is a definite keeper if only To boost our fragile key defender stocks. He's shown solid improvement this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back