Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 20, 2014
Brunch
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa
qIELD.png

Build it, and they will come. So said Ray Qinsella in Qield Of Dreams.

This vision, this dream, this is what Tigerturbulance amongst others set out to do with the launch of the expansion team, the Ophidian Old Boys. No one can question the impact that this side has had since entering the competition. No one can doubt the successful launch, the building blocks placed, the ongoing stability created when the wise heads of Turbo, Mobbs, EJW, Bono, Callums Guns, Ned, haydo and The Jesus (amongst others) get together. Ohhh but doubt they did, doubt indeed.

Let's look back shall we.....

Brenton Davy 15dec22

Ours is a foundation club, full of rich history and tradition. Yours is a brand new franchise, it’s brand new, shiny plastic camouflaged by fake sandstone and marble, tacky velour and fake leather.

You’ll always be an “expansion franchise” despite all the fake history and everyone can see that. A minnow trying to be a shark, a meerkat trying to be a lion. 10, maybe 20 seasons down the track (if your plastic franchise lasts that long) then you can claim history and some minuscule degree of tradition.

Firstly, Brenton, I was doing time at that club when you didn't even exist. I've been gone for 4 seasons and still played more games there than you.
And this "minnow" you describe has already grown past multiple clubs.

Metalcrusher 28Jan22

How do you aim to attract the female demographic with a name such as this? Unsure what the balance is across the BF site, however, I would think your moniker would be off putting to said demographic?

How? By not being a grumpy old out of touch boomer like yourself Crushy, simples. Watch and learn.

The Filth Wizard said:

Joke aside, the OOB were never going to be an issue this season, I imagine they'll post up a storm and I look forward to a week with them. The issue was always going to be three seasons later when their nomadic posters or veterans had moved on and their slightly unpalatable club image was going to have trouble bringing the new blood in an already flagging market. Not that that should be an issue either, the league is littered with busted franchises, they should be endlessly commended that they were able to get this up so close to two other bids falling flat.

The Filthy Wizard 02Aug22

Unpalatable?? Why I oughta!!

1669288330772.jpeg

Lets be under no illusions here. Filth wasn't the greatest fan of expansion, and these little digs about posters moving on, and an unpalatable image, classic Filth. One of the reasons he's one of the best, no doubt, no doubt.

But let's put all the negativity and the naysayers aside, please. It's time to look at was has been built, and what that means. Ray Qinsella was right, they will come.

The Ophidian Old Boys are proud to announce FOUR new off season signings that will be joining us for Season 35.

gifntext-gif (4).gif

We're extremely proud and excited to announce that dream team Ligma and Robertio will be joining us from our feeder club, The Baghdad Bombers.

Rob joined the Sweet FA in Season 30 and had a stand out year with the Roys. The scouts from Baghdad knew early on what they saw was special and he moved to the Bombers in his second season. Four seasons at the Bombers with great success. A Deestroy Medal in a losing cause in S31 highlighted his on field quality, a B&F followed in S32 showing that quality shone across the board. His wealth of experience is sure to shine through as he also joins our LG.

Also, important to me as Cellar Master at the OOB's is my expansion project. OOBs, already known for their amazing hospitality when hosting home games, are taking things to a whole new level. Rob, as newly appointed Brew Master will take over the Guinness Bar and we will work together to build and provide a refreshment precinct never before seen in the land of Sweet.

untitled-jpg.1560010

Ligma started in S33 with the Royals and was another to come under the watchful eye of Bomber scouts, making the move after one season to the Bombers. Her combination with Rob will be an asset the Old Boys look to make the most out of, mind you, I think she misunderstands her contract as I'm not sure it's going to keep her in the manner in which she is accustomed. The main area we're excited though, is high performance. Such as our entertainment facilities are first class, we MAY have maybe not been as professional as we should have as an outfit. Ligma will absolutely get us into shape.

94013046-b2ad-44d7-843f-c8893b149a0f-jpeg.1559705

No, it's a thread announcing FOUR new signings, same thing really

gifntext-gif (7).gif

Braklet comes across from the Dragons, having joined the SFA and put in two sterling seasons. We love the quirky nature and see it as a perfect addition to the OOB mix, adding another layer of complexity. Brak says: "I got recruitment touches before, and politely declined. TT did it right in suggesting I consider the OOBs early, giving me time to ponder. But the chance to post with Bonz again pushed me over the edge. I love $h!+posting most of all, and no better place to tweak the old guard than with the OOBs."

He also comes to us with probably the greatest trucker hat collection the world has ever seen, watch this space....

1669287554057.png 1669287569268.jpeg
images
images

And lastly tonight, but by no means least we welcome kananooks to the OOB family. I'm going to leave his introduction to him, I want it unfiltered. He just gets it, so much so he's straight into the LG. Fresh eyes, super keen, love it!

1669292829089.jpeg

Kananooks:

only started this season. just a rook at the furies. recruited by frosty. came over from the supercoach board where i had been living a sheltered life under the watchful eye of wayno for 8 years.

2 main reasons why im here. spotswood and current oob members.

i loved everything about spotswood when i visited here as a furie. and honestly i dont think i ever left after that week. the sleepmaker coocoon beds with the 75" tvs and ps5s in every guest room along with its own ensuite which had a spa and sauna. how can you say no to living that every day. not to mention the food hall. omg. i think the key to most peoples hearts is with food. so turb is onto something there with the heavy investment in the spotswood kitchen. let alone the rest of the facilities. theres much to love about this grand place.

i hit it off with the twin turbos from almost my first days here. id never thought id have the opportunity to line up alongside bonz. but here we are. i have so much to learn from this national treasure. plus the wealth of knowledge already here and sfa royalty. how can you say no.

looking forward to raising the bar around here. striving for greatness. the oobs are the manchester city of the epl world. yeah ok the history isnt there. but 8 titles in 13 years. youll take it. and yes. our matchup with the furies is already my most anticipated fixture for next season. i might even get confused and accidentally pass the ball to jc or pick.

just wanted to thank the furies for everything. James Colorado is an amazing leader. Pickitt is a brilliant captain and omgfridge is one of the most underrated senior figures on this board. his work goes largely unnoticed. kudos to all of you. also a shout out to Tigerturbulance for being real with me since day 1. an inspirational leader whom i wish to model myself after.

i always said id love to retire as an oob. i made it very publicly known. now its a dream become a reality and i couldn't be in a happier place on the bigfooty board to call home.

rushm.png

On behalf of Turbo, the LG and the rest of the Ophidian Old Boys, we welcome all four of you to the family, and are massively looking forward to S35.

Final word from Turbo:

"We know what’s made us a great qootball club this year, and it’s the ability to work for each other, it’s embracing the imperfection of who we are, celebrating and learning from the lessons along the way. I love what we’ve done, I’m so proud of what we've become. We're feared and respected, and known to be a quality week of banter.

Our goal is silverware but our expectation is we embrace and enjoy who we are. We are quick witted, we are powerful, we have a deep squad that's been made deeper with these quality acquisitions, lets celebrate what we do and enjoy it."

This vision, this dream, this is what Tigerturbulance amongst others set out to do with the launch of the expansion team, the Ophidian Old Boys. No one can question the impact that this side has had since entering the competition. No one can doubt the successful launch, the building blocks placed, the ongoing stability created when the wise heads of Turbo, Mobbs, EJW, Bono, Callums Guns, Ned, haydo and The Jesus (amongst others) get together. Ohhh but doubt they did, doubt indeed.

Brenton Davy 15dec22

Ours is a foundation club, full of rich history and tradition. Yours is a brand new franchise, it’s brand new, shiny plastic camouflaged by fake sandstone and marble, tacky velour and fake leather.

You’ll always be an “expansion franchise” despite all the fake history and everyone can see that. A minnow trying to be a shark, a meerkat trying to be a lion. 10, maybe 20 seasons down the track (if your plastic franchise lasts that long) then you can claim history and some minuscule degree of tradition.

Firstly, Brenton, I was doing time at that club when you didn't even exist. I've been gone for 4 seasons and still played more games there than you.

Metalcrusher 28Jan22

How do you aim to attract the female demographic with a name such as this? Unsure what the balance is across the BF site, however, I would think your moniker would be off putting to said demographic?

How? By not being a grumpy old out of touch boomer like yourself Crushy, simples. Watch and learn.

The Filth Wizard said:

Joke aside, the OOB were never going to be an issue this season, I imagine they'll post up a storm and I look forward to a week with them. The issue was always going to be three seasons later when their nomadic posters or veterans had moved on and their slightly unpalatable club image was going to have trouble bringing the new blood in an already flagging market. Not that that should be an issue either, the league is littered with busted franchises, they should be endlessly commended that they were able to get this up so close to two other bids falling flat.

View attachment 1560074

Lets be under no illusions here. Filth wasn't the greatest fan of expansion, and these little digs about posters moving on, and an unpalatable image, classic Filth. One of the reasons he's one of the best, no doubt, no doubt.

But let's put all the negativity and the naysayers aside, please. It's time to look at was has been built, and what that means. Ray Qinsella was right, they will come.

The Ophidian Old Boys are proud to announce FOUR new off season signings that will be joining us for Season 35.

We're extremely proud and excited to announce that dream team Ligma and Robertio will be joining us from our feeder club, The Baghdad Bombers.

Rob joined the Sweet FA in Season 30 and had a stand out year with the Roys. The scouts from Baghdad knew early on what they saw was special and he moved to the Bombers in his second season. Four seasons at the Bombers with great success. A Deestroy Medal in a losing cause in S31 highlighted his on field quality, a B&F followed in S32 showing that quality shone across the board. His wealth of experience is sure to shine through as he also joins our LG.

Also, important to me as Cellar Master at the OOB's is my expansion project. OOBs, already known for their amazing hospitality when hosting home games, are taking things to a whole new level. Rob, as newly appointed Brew Master will take over the Guinness Bar and we will work together to build and provide a refreshment precinct never before seen in the land of Sweet.

untitled-jpg.1560010

Ligma started in S33 with the Royals and was another to come under the watchful eye of Bomber scouts, making the move after one season to the Bombers. Her combination with Rob will be an asset the Old Boys look to make the most out of, mind you, I think she misunderstands her contract as I'm not sure it's going to keep her in the manner in which she is accustomed. The main area we're excited though, is high performance. Such as our entertainment facilities are first class, we MAY have maybe not been as professional as we should have as an outfit. Ligma will absolutely get us into shape.

View attachment 1560041

Braklet comes across from the Dragons, having joined the SFA and put in two sterling seasons. We love the quirky nature and see it as a perfect addition to the OOB mix, adding another layer of complexity. Brak says: "I got recruitment touches before, and politely declined. TT did it right in suggesting I consider the OOBs early, giving me time to ponder. But the chance to post with Bonz again pushed me over the edge. I love $h!+posting most of all, and no better place to tweak the old guard than with the OOBs."

He also comes to us with probably the greatest trucker hat collection the world has ever seen, watch this space....

View attachment 1560056View attachment 1560057
images
images

And lastly tonight, but by no means least we welcome kananooks to the OOB family. I'm going to leave his introduction to him, I want it unfiltered. He just gets it, so much so he's straight into the LG. Fresh eyes, super keen, love it!

Kananooks:

only started this season. just a rook at the furies. recruited by frosty. came over from the supercoach board where i had been living a sheltered life under the watchful eye of wayno for 8 years.

i loved everything about spotswood when i visited here as a furie. and honestly i dont think i ever left after that week. the sleepmaker coocoon beds with the 75" tvs and ps5s in every guest room along with its own ensuite which had a spa and sauna. how can you say no to living that every day. not to mention the food hall. omg. i think the key to most peoples hearts is with food. so turb is onto something there with the heavy investment in the spotswood kitchen. let alone the rest of the facilities. theres much to love about this grand place.

i hit it off with the twin turbos from almost my first days here. id never thought id have the opportunity to line up alongside bonz. but here we are. i have so much to learn from this national treasure. plus the wealth of knowledge already here and sfa royalty. how can you say no.

looking forward to raising the bar around here. striving for greatness. the oobs are the manchester city of the epl world. yeah ok the history isnt there. but 8 titles in 13 years. youll take it. and yes. our matchup with the furies is already my most anticipated fixture for next season. i might even get confused and accidentally pass the ball to jc or pick.

just wanted to thank the furies for everything. James Colorado is an amazing leader. Pickitt is a brilliant captain and omgfridge is one of the most underrated senior figures on this board. his work goes largely unnoticed. kudos to all of you. also a shout out to Tigerturbulance for being real with me since day 1. an inspirational leader whom i wish to model myself after.

i always said id love to retire as an oob. i made it very publicly known. now its a dream become a reality and i couldn't be in a happier place on the bigfooty board to call home.

View attachment 1560068

On behalf of Turbo, the LG and the rest of the Ophidian Old Boys, we welcome all four of you to the family, and are massively looking forward to S35.

Final word from Turbo:

"We know what’s made us a great qootball club this year, and it’s the ability to work for each other, it’s embracing the imperfection of who we are, celebrating and learning from the lessons along the way. I love what we’ve done, I’m so proud of what we've become. We're feared and respected, and known to be a quality week of banter.

Our goal is silverware but our expectation is we embrace and enjoy who we are. We are quick witted, we are powerful, we have a deep squad that's been made deeper with these quality acquisitions, lets celebrate what we do and enjoy it."

digging-dog-mud.gif

You know your the biggest sluz in the SFA when quality like Braklet and kananooks join as they want to be pushed over the edge by you <3

Welcome everybody, just note I prefer my left foot to be massaged first.

no wonder i copped this when i went to massage your middle foot first..

angry eric cartman GIF by South Park

Expansion huh?
Quality recruiting Baz. It's a lost art.

I've done a recruiting special with Dingster before. I could drag it up. I had 8 teams/people contact me when I announced I was leaving my club. And maybe two decent pitches. It's something Tigerturbulance does very, very well.

Don't get bitter, get better.

Brenton Davy 15dec22

Metalcrusher 28Jan22

The Filth Wizard said:

View attachment 1560074

untitled-jpg.1560010

View attachment 1560041

images
images

Kananooks:

View attachment 1560068

Final word from Turbo:

tl:dr

kananooks is a massive loss for the Furies, no doubt, but he is a brilliant addition for the OOBs. Know that you are getting a superb poster and quality bloke; he will be missed.

The Furies may be rebuilding at the moment, but part of what makes us such a great club is the talent we have been able to attract, many of whom are now at the OOBs, and our shared connection is a part of the strong affection both clubs hold for each other. May there be no doubt about it, we will be a powerhouse again, and look forward to our future encounters with our friends at Spotswood.

Love always,
JC and the Furies.

kananooks is a massive loss for the Furies, no doubt, but he is a brilliant addition for the OOBs. Know that you are getting a superb poster and quality bloke; he will be missed.

The Furies may be rebuilding at the moment, but part of what makes us such a great club is the talent we have been able to attract, many of whom are now at the OOBs, and our shared connection is a part of the strong affection both clubs hold for each other. May there be no doubt about it, we will be a powerhouse again, and look forward to our future encounters with our friends at Spotswood.

Love always,
JC and the Furies.
Sad Jim Carrey GIF by Laff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love always,
JC and the Furies.
being a furie is an identity that not many people understand. its a right of passage in the sfa to be a part of the most decorated club here. ill always be a furie. can take the kanooks out of the hippodrome. but youll never take the hippodrome out of kannan.

furie till i die baby 🥲

being a furie is an identity that not many people understand. its a right of passage in the sfa to be a part of the most decorated club here. ill always be a furie. can take the kanooks out of the hippodrome. but youll never take the hippodrome out of kannan.

furie till i die baby 🥲
images

Love always,
JC and the Furies.
team america vomit GIF

Brenton Davy 15dec22

Metalcrusher 28Jan22

The Filth Wizard said:

View attachment 1560074

untitled-jpg.1560010

View attachment 1560041

images
images

Kananooks:

View attachment 1560068

Final word from Turbo:

Great write up EJW and great get with the Nooks.

Think our next match up will be a real highlight. It might not reach the entertainment of recent days with certain outbursts but thats the bar I hope to reach.

Oh well at least I'm not responsible for the lack of spite you possess.

No, I had the Machiavellian personality before the Sweet FA.

Oh ****, I've just given away why I act so nice around here 🙃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back