Media WIGMEDIA: BYE BYE BYE - Merger Inches Closer - Team Name Announcement

Remove this Banner Ad

BREAKING

In a surprise development, it's come to light that a merger is on the horizon. Follow me, dear reader.

View attachment 1925159

Come with me and you'll be
In a world of pure imagination
Take a look and you'll see
A bye free sensation
We'll begin with a spin
Traveling in the world of my creation
What we'll see will defy
Explanation
If you want to view paradise
Simply look around and view it
Anything you want to, do it
Want to change the fixture?
There's nothing to it

It's no secret that not everybody is of a mind to #LoveTheBye

In fact, surveys show most hate it. Even I, as an Old Boy, being partially responsible for the existence of the bye, just wishes it wasn't ******* there, that it didn't exist.

Works have been underway for some time to eliminate this scourge from the Sweet FA landscape, all to no avail. You had figures even laying out a platform for admin on such a basis. Thank goodness we saw through that eh? But despite behind the scenes pleas to the games elite, no one has stepped forward with a plan for a 14th franchise. I even then made pleas to the non elite like damicky and Brenton Davy but again, no dice. How low I stooped to try and please the masses, alas, to no avail.

No Vampires, no Titans, no Trolls, heck, not even an offer of the long forgotten Tangerines crossed my desk. The cupboard was bare.

View attachment 1925114

Then I went from club to club, doing a virtual health check without their knowledge, something with a bit more vibe than a TheInjuryFactory or serial_thrilla, something more than numbers on a page. Initially, I hit brick walls. Plenty were vocal in their opposition to the bye, none willing to sacrifice their standing, or their clubs history, for the greater good.

Until, that is, that game founder, the great Mobbs entered the conversation. Mobbs, of course, was all for expansion, going so far as to commit 2 seasons to the new franchise, the Ophidian Old Boys, and their successful bid to gain entry into the competition. But in talks with the great man, his veneer slipped. His position clear when it cam to the shitfight that is the current fixture. "I ******* HATE the bye" he said, exasperated. "And don't get me started on midweek fixtures and double ups". Ok then. "What are you willing to do about it?" I asked. Talks ensued, and we got to a position where he said he would CONSIDER joining forces with someone else, for the good of the game.

But not just anyone. Oh no. Mobbs was firm in their being a line quickly ruled through meatshield existences like the Bombers and the Dragons, and other teams were ruled out due to being either too dull and insignificant, which would be a bit pointless. Or too strong and healthy, therefore being too much of a power imbalance and risk having his side, the Roys, history being wiped off the map.

As the teams fell by the wayside, their loomed an obvious choice, the Gold City Royals. It's fair to say early approaches to Cadsky were met with nothing shot of a frosty reception. But over time, he thawed. Oh how he thawed. "Look, running a fantasy team isn't easy, and, I really, REALLY hate the bye" he said. "I realise nothing stays the same forever, and in all honesty, the Roys are definitely the side you would merge with. Good amount of quality, and no arrogance whatsoever. And, if Mobbs was prepared to move for the idea of expansion, it shouldn't be beneath me to consider the idea of a merge."

Over time some of the sticking points were worked out.

Nickname, well, the full name of Royals would stay, but the Gorilla would be included. The acronym writes itself, and stays as with the Royals, GCR.

The colours, an amalgamation of both, with the maroon and blue joining the gold.

The future is here, back to 12 teams we go.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, The Merger

GORILLA CITY ROYALS (GCR)
View attachment 1925165View attachment 1925166View attachment 1925167View attachment 1925168

*artist impressions only, design in initial stages
You can’t script this s**t😂😂😂

Run with me here:

Tigerturbulance : let’s get a 13th club up and running, it will help to grow the league!:whitecheck::whitecheck:

The perennial basket cases Royals and Roy’s are now merging😂😂🍺😁

Pop Tv Laughing GIF by Schitt's Creek

All on your watch😂🍺🍺🍺😂😂🍺

Now I here the gobbler Cadsky might captain it😂

Well done hierarchy and all the pissants that go along with this incompetency😂😂🍺🍺🍺

Run with me here:

Tigerturbulance : let’s get a 13th club up and running, it will help to grow the league!:whitecheck::whitecheck:

Pop Tv Laughing GIF by Schitt's Creek's Creek

All on your watch😂🍺🍺🍺😂😂🍺

Well done hierarchy and all the pissants that go along with this incompetency😂😂🍺🍺🍺
Interested Saturday Night Live GIF by HULU

Run with me here:

Pop Tv Laughing GIF by Schitt's Creek's Creek

All on your watch😂🍺🍺🍺😂😂🍺

Jealousy doesn't look good on you. You should go wash that s**t off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean, as far as synergy goes, this one is right up there. Not gunna lie.

But perfection was right there before us...

RNX5q1f.png

GQv1HdN.png

Last edited:
Just another instance of BAT proving he has no idea how this league works and thinking the mods run it all.

Remember the time that Jabba73 applied for admin on the campaign platform that he’d stop his team mates from being sent to Banhammer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back