Will ASADA/WADA appeal? - UPDATE: ASADA will not appeal - WADA has appealed

Will ASADA/WADA appeal?

• Yes

Votes: 256 65.1%
  • No

Votes: 137 34.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If this happened at the Doggies I wouldn't support them until all the management, admin and personnel with any responsibilities at the time were discarded. I would also be disgusted with the players lack of spine / independent thinking / questionable morality.
Listen here I know of at least one VFL player at an AFL Club (doesn't play for Essendon) and you bet his arse he told me back when this all started that he would pretty much let them inject him with anything and he would have no clue.

Not all players give a ****. I'm sure circumstances have changed since then but don't get on your high horse and act as if everybody cares.

Seriously guys, move on.

You all got it badly wrong.

Systematic doping just doesn't make sense given the punishments that would be handed out.

Talk about being poor losers.

Scared of an appeal? Didn't get ove the line by much. Tribunal simply not convinced that the imported substance that you were injected with was TB4 although the company certified it and was properly tested as such. That's what you got over the line by. Another panel might see that differently and the less sympathetic CAS certainly would.

Uhuh , keep going though, what else do the judges say?

Poor lack of records. Not sure if you're aware but we have been punished re governance. The tribunal sat and judged on whether players were guilt of taking banned substances.

No, I dont. You know it is very likely your players took banned substances, but for a lack of records, they go unpenalised. Be grateful, celebrate, but don't be an arse. Sure as eggs, there'll be another twist in this.

Poor post Jenny, surely you're better than that. I suppose after investing so much time on here it's no surprise you resort to desperate speculation based on no real evidence.

So Dank is one of the 34 players?

What if one of your players had abnormal cell growth, given these stimulants, which increases the risk of cancer. Would you be happy with that?

So in you view, the players health means nothing?

Also, your club spent hundreds of thousands on this program, for legal supplements? That they could get from reputable Australian suppliers, not known criminals and drug dealers, yet they chose the back door....

This seems legit to you?

Seriously guys, move on.

You all got it badly wrong.

Systematic doping just doesn't make sense given the punishments that would be handed out.

Talk about being poor losers.

Badly wrong, I don't think so.

Deliberate systematic doping was never something I considered Essendon to have done.

An injection programme that got out of control - yes

If Essendon had come out day 1 and said just that then they would have much more respect.

They started down this track then seemingly changed tact about the time Evans departed and they tried to divert attention with accusations about who tipped off who.

They then delayed the investigation by numerous court proceedings, then they had the arrogance to come out and say that ASADA were responsible for delaying proceedings.

During these delays a couple of people changed their stories, or at least chose not to participate in the investigation.

There have been many actions during this saga from EFC that just don't add up.

Perhaps the players didn't take anything illegal. Who knows. EFC can't confirm this - all they can say is that they were confident of this.

Now they'll re-write history and say that they never did. The truth is that they don't (or claim to) know.

I do hope that 60 minutes or 4 corners is working on (another) investigative story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listen here I know of at least one VFL player at an AFL Club (doesn't play for Essendon) and you bet his arse he told me back when this all started that he would pretty much let them inject him with anything and he would have no clue.

Not all players give a ****. I'm sure circumstances have changed since then but don't get on your high horse and act as if everybody cares.
The smart people care and your friend is not smart.

Lol. There's issues with your though process. Perhaps read the statement by the tribunal. All of it, not just the finding of not guilty
The tribunal could not put a tick on the supply chain for TB4 to Essendon. They couldn't even get it as far as Dank. Even if they could put a tick as far as Dank, that doesn't place it at Essendon. You are talking about a supply chain to Dank (that the tribunal didn't find could be ticked) as though that's all that needs to be proved. And it's not. Dank was not a player. ASADA was not one agonising step short, they were a number of steps short.

People can whinge about Ben McDevitt, but I actually have a lot of respect for him

Yes things didn't go smoothly, but ASADA has been painted as the enemy. His trying to clean up sports.

He obviously has faith in his staff and takes his job seriously. His trying to get a message across, and doing his job well.

Not sure why people are whinging that his trying make sport clean. Is it because Essendon aren't clean?

Grow up and look at the bigger picture

Once again as the judge noted in his report McDevitt comments are contentious and lack proper evidence. The head of ASADA should not making such speculative comments.
Head of asada probably needs to stop reading bigfooty. Or should've started earlier and used that line during actual tribunal questioning rather than now.

i never said innocent, I said not guilty.

And please, you dont think Essendon supporters deserve to be arses after the last 2 years on here?
Those who stuck fat on the htb like yourself, lance, phil, gigantor definitely have the right. But some who have only come out now, can we call them band wagoners?

I'll say innocent, because in this country you are just that until proven guilty. It's called presumption of innocence. That's not being an ass about anything. You are the one saying despite a not guilty finding that you don't accept they deserve to be considered to have been cleared. Who's being an ass?
In lot of high profile cases public opinion often can be that not guilty does not equal cleared in public opinion. So this is really no different.

What if one of your players had abnormal cell growth, given these stimulants, which increases the risk of cancer. Would you be happy with that?

So in you view, the players health means nothing?

Also, your club spent hundreds of thousands on this program, for legal supplements? That they could get from reputable Australian suppliers, not known criminals and drug dealers, yet they chose the back door....

This seems legit to you?
Hundreds of thousands on supplements which legal or not still failed to win them anything. Epic fail.

Badly wrong, I don't think so.

Deliberate systematic doping was never something I considered Essendon to have done.

An injection programme that got out of control - yes

If Essendon had come out day 1 and said just that then they would have much more respect.

They started down this track then seemingly changed tact about the time Evans departed and they tried to divert attention with accusations about who tipped off who.

They then delayed the investigation by numerous court proceedings, then they had the arrogance to come out and say that ASADA were responsible for delaying proceedings.

During these delays a couple of people changed their stories, or at least chose not to participate in the investigation.

There have been many actions during this saga from EFC that just don't add up.

Perhaps the players didn't take anything illegal. Who knows. EFC can't confirm this - all they can say is that they were confident of this.

Now they'll re-write history and say that they never did. The truth is that they don't (or claim to) know.

I do hope that 60 minutes or 4 corners is working on (another) investigative story.

Big thumbs up.

That's what stinks. No records; no leadership to accept responsibility; no questions asked by players, coaches or medical professionals to the union, AFL or drug enforcement agencies.

Yet they play the victim, because that's where you get all the support from the hard done by types. It's the easy way to be the underdog, being chased by the big bad wolf government agency.

im glad my club were found not guilty because 1. there wasnt enough evidence to show they cheated, and Im not prepared to call them cheats without a conviction, 2. they never intended to cheat IMO so if they got lucky so be it, and 3. I think they have suffered enough over the last 26 months anyway.

I have no solution for a lack of positive test, no damning records, and no smoking gun. I'd love to know how many cheats have been caught on records of banned substances alone

Your right unless some individuals begin giving testimonies to go with the circumstantial evidence, not much else can happen. That may never happen (and if no one legitimately has any idea what was going into the players that's how it will stay), or it could happen years down the line, like Lance Armstrong and the US Postal team.

Hundreds of thousands on supplements which legal or not still failed to win them anything. Epic fail.

Finding say otherwise. I think it's mainly in part to the reference to how the panel members defined comfortable satisfaction.

In athletics, that term is a lot less, where missing a test could be perceived that way.

It's quite clear, the panel were more sympathetic on this definition on the players side. That may change at CAS.

Back