Opinion Will Collingwood bounce back if they lose the 2023 GF?

Will the Pies be back if they lose the 2023 GF?

• Yes

Votes: 49 69.0%
  • No

Votes: 22 31.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Only interstate team to beat Port at AO in the home and away season. Beat the Crows at Adelaide Oval too. As was said elsewhere, don’t let facts get in the way of your saltiness though.

There is only 2 grounds in Australia that Brisbane could have beaten us on, GABBA and Marvel. Any other ground in the country we’d waltz it in, kings of Australia!

Can't see them winning the amount of close games they did this year but they'll once again get a easy draw being a big drawing Victorian club so they'll be around the mark.

Fair goes they beat more top table teams than any other team. Some finalists just beat up on the lower teams

Anyway 2 wins from the last 6 gfs has modern Collingwood reaching its historical targets

It's been literally 24 hours since we won and hostile oppo fans are still talking

Just shut up and say nothing, you've run out of copes and excuses lmao

Probably worth bringing out the divvy van and putting this thread in The Bay now

The hide of people, using an internet forum to actually….post crap

Those misses would've come back to haunt him if the corrupt umpire didn't call advantage
Do you mean the same corrupt umpire who got West Coast over the line in 2018 when Maynard was blocked out of the SHEED mark. One of the worst decisions ever made in a GF.

I feel they will drop. Their gameplan is beginning to be worked out, other teams just need to get better at close games against them. Take away that they're a mid tier team. Theyre really good at certain things, but can't keeping relying on that. Regardless of whether they win today I think they'll be 5-8 next season and probably out in a EF or SF.
Interesting that a lot of pundits predicted at the start of this season that because we got away with a lot of close wins last year, we would be the team to completely drop out of the 8. Well that didn't happen.

Can't see them winning the amount of close games they did this year but they'll once again get a easy draw being a big drawing Victorian club so they'll be around the mark.
Yes that easy draw where we had West Coast and Nth twice, oh wait.

Unless you mean us playing Port twice? Maybe one of those games should go to tougher opposition who will test us.

7, 1, 4

That's the Collingwood winning margins this finals series .

Have the "colliwobbles" been buried once and for all?
Yep, as you have proven the point.

Wobbling would suggest one or more of those games would have been lost, instead it's been some clutch football to be able to win 3 close games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m confused, have you given that poster a nickname? Or are you playing along with the prediction? 😂

Since Melbourne and Port fans seem to always want to try and take shots at us - I've just decided to call them all 'straight sets' so they know their place.

Explain to me how's that's unhinged?
Hard to go three years running winning half your games by under 2 goals
Are you not bright enough to discern that perhaps it's more than just getting lucky to win the vast majority close games for 2 whole years ?

That perhaps there might be a design ? maybe a team has a strategy to lock down games (rather than trying to score more ) when we are ahead and to open up games when we are narrowly behind ?

I guess you can be forgiven as you follow Stinkleys boys so must not be easy to discern a great game plan and coaching from just getting to those scary finals and hoping for the best .

Unlike other flag winning teams in recent years, Collingwood lack fear factor. I respect this Collingwood team but i just don't fear them.

That's not me being salty, but that Collingwood team won a flag despite having more than a few passengers on the team.

Unlike other flag winning teams in recent years, Collingwood lack fear factor. I respect this Collingwood team but i just don't fear them.

That's not me being salty, but that Collingwood team won a flag despite having more than a few passengers on the team.
I think there was definitely a fear factor, and it was spoken about in the media, when Collingwood was breathing down your neck at 3QT.

I dont think we care, we know we win most weeks under McRae whether the opposition are scared or not we tend to win

That's fair enough, but why do premiership teams need to have that fear factor? I feel like it'd be even scarier that a team can fly under that 'fear radar' and take a flag like that. But having said that the only premiership winning team I've ever really feared was Geelong 2007 to 2011 or Richmond 2018 but even those teams were beatable in their day.

Ask just about every club that's held a lead against us at 3QT. I think yours is in that list too.

I do understand where you're coming from though, not putting teams away was something this side was known for and annoyed me, but was well known this year and last for showing that no lead is safe.

Just admit it, you are as salty as hell.

And don't tell me Carlton don't have a few passengers in their team!!!!!!!

There is very little difference between the top 10 sides in the AFL . On any given day any of those sides could beat the other.

The AFL through design has evened out the comp, and I think that is a good thing. The days of CARLTON and Hawthorn being dominant simply because they got superior zones to other clubs is over. THANK GOD!!!!

BRISBANE could have easily been premier and I really feared that they would beat us. I was hoping Carlton would be our opponent as we would have buried them. Not because I don't rate them but because it would have been their 4th hard final in a row and with several banged up players our premiership would have been a cakewalk. Not the nervous drama of beating Brisbane.

Back