Universal Love Will Langford

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure we already have a Mitch Hallahan thread. This is not the appropriate venue to dissect Mitch and his foibles. Let's leave this thread to Will Langford.

If you could design an attitude that you would want a kid to have that plays for Hawthorn, it is Will Langford.

You can tell how chuffed he is to be a Hawk and how much he loves the club. I reckon he would allow himself to be delisted before he would ever play for another club

I think he said something to that effect not long ago. I may not be remembering correctly, but
I think he was asked about possibly going home, and he said if he's not at Hawthorn then he won't play at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not noticed any of Sammy's other strengths then?

not true, Mitchell has stamina, he also can weave through a crowd or do the hard yards under a pack when required, something the other guy lacks.......

Like Will and Sam and Mitch all players have a weakness.
Its what they do that matters not what they don't do.
History is full of guys who have been told they are to slow to play and then they go on to be champions of the game.

It's great watching him burst out of clearances, Judd-like (even if his disposal is also a bit Judd-like)

How long has it been since we've had a player who can just burst out of packs like that?
Shane Crawford
The same problems that have plagued Sam Mitchell's career.
He does not have the agility of Sam,Sam has exeptional sideways movement which helps him get out of trouble which Mitch Hallahan does not have!!!!!

Shane Crawford

He does not have the agility of Sam,Sam has exeptional sideways movement which helps him get out of trouble which Mitch Hallahan does not have!!!!!
How many players can do what Sam Mitchell does?
Looking at what a player doesn't do and neglecting what he can do, could of been the reason why Mitchell was not drafted in the first draft he was eligible for.
The best thing about the AFL is it is a team sport where you can be slow and short or tall and fast or slow and tall or short and fast and still find a role and be a premiership player.

The things Will needs to improve can be taught and practiced and can be improved.
The upside is he is also very good at the things you can not teach such as pace, getting the ball and the most important thing, he loves his club.

Hallahan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back