Universal Love Will Langford

Remove this Banner Ad

He's brilliant.

Dare I say it but he reminds me of Judd in the way he plays.
This may sound strange, but when I tried to think of who he plays like at Hawthorn my first thought was Cyril. Not for the silky skills, but his ability to maneuver and keep/quickly regain his feet. In his highlights package, seems to me that several of his goals were due to this factor.

As others have said, I love his effort and his speed seems to be useful too. Hope he goes from strength to strength.

So pleased that one of our 80's stars has produced A) An outstanding young man who plays for Hawthorn like his dad and B) A premiership player.

Really should have been more of 'em from that generation of stars.

Does Dermott have sons?

My favourite one is the second. The third was a cheeky fluke, but the second is why he beat Sewell into the Final 22. That burst of speed out of the centre and poise to kick a goal from 50 was exquisite. That, and the nice handoff assist by Norm Smith Hodgey ;)
Loved the roar of the crowd as Langers received the handbll from Hodgey and put on the afterburners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was at the game in Launny when Langers made his debut and I remember thinking he ran around like a headless chook.

s**t I don't think I have seen someone come on that quicky in only 20 odd senior games.

The kid was ******* unreal the whole finals series.

upload_2014-11-5_3-10-25.png

upload_2014-11-5_3-11-32.png

I was at the game in Launny when Langers made his debut and I remember thinking he ran around like a headless chook.

s**t I don't think I have seen someone come on that quicky in only 20 odd senior games.

For regular Box Hill watchers, Langford's form comes as no surprise as he has been doing the same thing there for 2 seasons now!....The only challenge was in him stepping it up another level, which he has now done!.....On many an occasion he could be seen breaking away from packs and kicking 50 metre goals on the run at Box Hill combined with his manic ball hunting in packs, which was a signature characteristic of his there....Was always going to make it because of his singularly determined work ethic alone!

I was at that game, with my mate Andy.

Andy didn't want to see Langford again.
I summoned up every ounce of my optimism and suggested that Langers perhaps, maybe, possibly just needed a little more time.

How he's proved us wrong!

Does Dermott have sons?
dermottbereton--20__feature.jpg

Devlin

I was at that game, with my mate Andy.

Andy didn't want to see Langford again.
I summoned up every ounce of my optimism and suggested that Langers perhaps, maybe, possibly just needed a little more time.

How he's proved us wrong!

You were right, he only needed a little more time.

I read about Keely, apparently she is a cat tormentor...:D Dermie is having problems with both kids..... All the birdies say it was Dermott Brereton and his son Devlin. Dermie is a Beaumaris resident and coaches the local Under 14-15's, Devlin missing from action with reported personal issues.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back