Will Woosha coach at AFL senior coach level again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just saw this on the afl.com.au website. Sounds like he is considering it , but certainly hasn't stepped down yet!
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-25...ep-down-from-aflca-for-coaching-job.mobileapp
I hate Carlton, and the thought of seeing him there as the senior coach makes me sick :( (yes , I'm aware that he coached under Pagan as an assistant , but I didn't despise them as much back then!)
If it was any other club - that would be fine! I'd wish him well.

I think he has the Carlton gig if he wants it... And well, The company that he was a director at just went under last week, so he probably needs a new income stream ;)

I think he will. The problem with the carlton job is who would want it? You will be starting from the very bottom and probably wont last long enough to see a premiership

If Malthouse is sacked in a couple of weeks and Woosha isn't keen to coach full time, I could see him stepping in for the rest of the year to coach and also perform a bit of a list evaluation for the club.

If Malthouse is sacked in a couple of weeks and Woosha isn't keen to coach full time, I could see him stepping in for the rest of the year to coach and also perform a bit of a list evaluation for the club.

Lols if they get John 'I'm stickin with mcginnity' worsfold to evaluate their list.

They'll recruit 16 new talls in the off season

Woosha was uninventive while he was IN the system, let alone 2 years out.

These old guys like malthouse and rocket are too far behind.

Look at the coaches evolving the game this year, Simpson, Cameron, beveridge. All coming from what's been probably the most evolved coaching and list management team.

Would be a disaster. Carlton are in full rebuild mode they can't afford to stuff up the coach

I think Woosha would have learnt a lot about what changes he needed to make in his two yrs on the sidelines .

Good on him if he gets the Carlton gig .
He's probably been watching WC move Yeo up the ground and thinking: 'I knew it all along. Move a defender into your forward line, profit.'

He's probably been watching WC move Yeo up the ground and thinking: 'I knew it all along. Move a defender into your forward line, profit.'

If I remember correctly Woosha did say something about 2015 being the year .Wce would be playing finals .How he would have loved MaGovern and Yeo back then .

Not sure if I want to see it as I have so much respect for him and seeing him at another team I don't know, but would be interesting and I do hope he does well if he does decide to coach.

all the best to him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I remember correctly Woosha did say something about 2015 being the year .Wce would be playing finals .How he would have loved MaGovern and Yeo back then .
He had Gov

There's something is found distasteful about the prospect of woosh coaching the blues. Will be harder to stomach than seeing judd in a Carlton jumper

Woosh strikes me as being someone who'd be better as a mentor to a rookie coach rather than being the senior coach himself. Tactically I don't think he's up to it

Just saw this on the afl.com.au website. Sounds like he is considering it , but certainly hasn't stepped down yet!
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-05-25...ep-down-from-aflca-for-coaching-job.mobileapp
I hate Carlton, and the thought of seeing him there as the senior coach makes me sick :( (yes , I'm aware that he coached under Pagan as an assistant , but I didn't despise them as much back then!)
If it was any other club - that would be fine! I'd wish him well.
was Parkin.

I don't want to see Woosh coach Carlton because that list is full of holes. Its a trainwreck for a new coach and he doesnt have the 'credits' of a golden boy like Roos to not win games for three years, it'll all end in tears.
This is spot on.

Look at the last few premiership clubs. They always had a coach get the ball rolling and start a rebuild before the next bloke comes in to finish the job.
Alot of this has to do with list management though.

The Essendon/Sheedy days of waiting your turn are long gone

There's something is found distasteful about the prospect of woosh coaching the blues. Will be harder to stomach than seeing judd in a Carlton jumper

Woosh strikes me as being someone who'd be better as a mentor to a rookie coach rather than being the senior coach himself. Tactically I don't think he's up to it
Was he ever, or did he just have good people (like Walsh) around him?

Was he ever, or did he just have good people (like Walsh) around him?
I don't think even worsfolds most ardent supporters would claim he was a tactical genius but he was quite good at managing the people around him. It's why I think he'd be good in a mentoring role but I don't think he has the tools required to succeed as a head coach anymore

Remove this Banner Ad

Back