Universal Love Willem "big willy style" Drew

Remove this Banner Ad

I am still amazed every week the amount of contests he seems to be at, laying a tackle, getting a hand on a hand pass to knock it down. His is The Disruptor!

I cannot recall a single time he has been caught holding the ball. Given how many contested possessions the guy gets it’s incredible he’s just so smart with his hands and body positioning. Always has time to get it out and 9/10 it goes to our advantage. This guys improvement this year is in my opinion better than any other player going from ~10 games to ~30 ive seen in my time watching the sport. Watch out comp because he may just become the no. 1 Clearance winner in the AFL in 2-3 years time!
Love him 😍

I cannot recall a single time he has been caught holding the ball. Given how many contested possessions the guy gets it’s incredible he’s just so smart with his hands and body positioning. Always has time to get it out and 9/10 it goes to our advantage. This guys improvement this year is in my opinion better than any other player going from ~10 games to ~30 ive seen in my time watching the sport. Watch out comp because he may just become the no. 1 Clearance winner in the AFL in 2-3 years time!
Love him 😍

Pretty sure he got caught htb last night but it is rare other than that to see him get tackled

He's now King Willie.

"You can't see the eyes of the demon, until him come callin'. There's no stopping what can't be stopped, no killing what can't be killed."

5) Drew the tackling machine

It is not often a player with red hair goes unnoticed but Willem Drew’s feats on the footy field tend to fly a bit under the radar. The 22-year-old has been incredibly consistent in 2021 after an injury interrupted two seasons, taking much of the load off the shoulders of midfield teammates Ollie Wines and Travis Boak. 30 games into his career, Drew’s hunt has been vital to Port winning the ball in the contest and getting it going forward. He is averaging 6.7 tackles per game this season, ranking him as elite amongst the competition. He had another ten tackles against the Crows, and now ranks third in the competition for total tackles. His 133 in 20 games has him ranked behind only St Kilda’s Jack Steele (174 tackles) and Gold Coast’s Touk Miller (137). To put it into perspective, the next best Port Adelaide player is Boak, ranked 25th with 91 tackles for the season.

https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/997809/what-we-learned-round-21-v-adelaide

Does anyone know what the club record for tackles are? I know lobbe had 157 in 2014, that's the only other player I know who averaged 7 tackles a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what happens when players are played in their correct position. I remember when they would bring him in and play him on the wing then dump him the next week.

And that's the reason I want to see Marshall play a proper CHF position with a licence to roam. That's his skill set, run get ball deliver.

Anyway, Drew ******* rocks!

He's now King Willie.

"You can't see the eyes of the demon, until him come callin'. There's no stopping what can't be stopped, no killing what can't be killed."
This is what King Willie looks like to an old bloke like me (colours are about right for Drew):
1628758340698.png

Just watching Drew being interviewed on Fox.
1. He speaks well.
2. He's still a skinny kid. A couple more years and he'll go up several levels.

How good is it knowing that whether we come up against Neale or Bontempelli in a prelim - Big Willy will be there to lay an arm across them at every stoppage and shut them out of the game.
He can take The Bont, Liber, McCrae, Dunkley, Treloar, Neale, Lyons, McCluggage, Berry - who ever we need him to shutdown.

IMAGINE, JUST IMAGINE

a world where ken hinkley didnt decide to start willem drew on the bench.

the same willem drew that utterly shut libba out just 2 games ago. a game we won based on midfield domination.

imagine a prelim final where the game doesn't start with drew holding his head in his hands, wondering what he did wrong to be on the ******* bench.

imagine a game where the bulldogs dont kick 2 goals in the first 2 ******* minutes, with libba getting 5 disposals and setting them off.

imagine a game where drew doesnt have to come on 4 minutes into the game, wound up like a tightly coiled spring. he gives away a free kick being wound up from being on the bench. they score another goal and the game is all but over as every other player panics.

drew does his ******* job and shuts down libba. but its too late. the damage is done.

WHAT THE * WAS GOING ON IN YOUR HEAD KEN YOU STUPID ******* COUNTRY BUMPKIN PRICK

Remove this Banner Ad

Back