Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So we had inside help?

To some extent. Without wanting to reveal too many details at risk of y'know, my job, I dont work directly for the club but the company I work for works directly in partnership with West Coast and SGIO, and yes, I definitely campaigned internally. I'm not saying I'm the one who made it happen, but I'd like to think I did a very small part.

Before joining the board I was a long time lurker and supporter of the movement.

im interested to see what the players thought about the movement, wouldnt be surprised if few of the vic boys like the tri panel. All i know is Gaff loves the peril.

probably grew up as an eagles fan. I wouldnt be surprised if many of the guys thought that navy and gold is our main colours.
Well they wouldn't be wrong technically. They are our main colours and have been since '95.

Well they wouldn't be wrong technically. They are our main colours and have been since '95.

Yeah, there was only like eight years out of our thirty where navy wasnt a main colour.

Embrace the navy. ;)
Disagree

1415847761257.jpg

As much as I love the Royal and gold wings (in either form) the idea of the club ditching navy at this point in time is unrealistic.

Do I dislike our similarity to Richmond and Carlton with the navy and gold combo? Sure, but hey. It's a wings jumper, and I'll take one of them any day of the week over the s**t we've just ditched.

At this point in time we're in the honeymoon stage with the navy wings, and I as a supporter of the wings movement am happy with that. It's a great looking jumper. Give it time however and who knows, the club (and the fans) may want another element of our identity reclaimed.

Yeah, there was only like eight years out of our thirty where navy wasnt a main colour.

Embrace the navy. ;)
i would have supported adelaide if i wanted to embrace the navy.
Yeah but its not.
Hopefully in 20 years time the return the royal campaign will be successful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eh, we will still wear royal in Grand Finals so I wouldn't stress. IMO, navy and gold looks f**king beastly.

Although I do love the royal and peril as well.

Eh, we will still wear royal in Grand Finals so I wouldn't stress. IMO, navy and gold looks f**king beastly.

It looks schmick. Really just nitpicking at the moment as we all have stuff all to do until the footy starts.

im warming up to it but i was hugely disappointed when it was the navy. IMO Royal> Peril>>>>>>>>>>Navy.

I might be unpopular but i like the idea of navy with white shorts more than royal with white shorts.

in 2011 were fans aware that there was going to be a 25th anniversary jumper for the round 1 clash and richmond clash later in the year, or was it done as a surprise?

It was known. Club announced the jumper in February IIRC.

Without starting a s**t fight, lets be honest here....

If it weren't for nostalgic reasons and peril was our main guernsey, we'd probably have about the worst guernsey in the league tbh

It has its place in history but there's no way it actually looks better than these navy beasts

If it weren't for nostalgic reasons and peril was our main guernsey, we'd probably have about the worst guernsey in the league tbh

It has its place in history but there's no way it actually looks better than these navy beasts

With yellow shorts you might have a point. Peril with white shorts as a clash would be ******* beautiful though.

Come on man. Just look at that thing...

upload_2016-2-10_7-42-16.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back