Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
a_030906sptfilers2_1a2faan-1a2fab6.jpg

Woosha's the only one coming close to cracking a smile. But damn, what a photo.

So much determination, about to do battle on the grandest stage....you know how that team rolled!

While I have always been hesitant with changing our current logo, lmach 's design is pretty damn awesome (great work brah).

I really like the how the logo is a synthesis of the old and the new, and has the capacity to be versatile with different colours.

I prefer the old school font over the new font which looks like something out of microsoft word.

However, I'm not a fan of the shield. I think it is the incomplete border on the left that throws me off.

Over the last week I've been working on and off on designing a new eagle head (and full logo, but the head was the main focus). I've tried to come up with a cross between the old head and the current head. This is just an idea and I don't claim that it's better than either the current or old design.

View attachment 82983
Holy s**t this f*****g awesome lmach I award you 1000 jubilant mastos

This lmach stuff is CRAZY GOOD!

You've just saved the club hundreds of thousands of dollars in marketing consulting fees and market research workshops at Wembley Primary School!

Hardly, lmach's fee is eleventy billion dorrars.

Over the last week I've been working on and off on designing a new eagle head (and full logo, but the head was the main focus). I've tried to come up with a cross between the old head and the current head. This is just an idea and I don't claim that it's better than either the current or old design.

View attachment 82983
Wow, that looks awesome.

While I have always been hesitant with changing our current logo, lmach 's design is pretty damn awesome (great work brah).

I really like the how the logo is a synthesis of the old and the new, and has the capacity to be versatile with different colours.

I prefer the old school font over the new font which looks like something out of microsoft word.

However, I'm not a fan of the shield. I think it is the incomplete border on the left that throws me off.
There's been some anti-shield sentiment, but I love it. It's a traditional shield, but the jaunty border gives it a modern twist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's been some anti-shield sentiment, but I love it. It's a traditional shield, but the jaunty border gives it a modern twist.

I'm personally not against a shield in general. In fact, our original logo incorporated a shield (see below). Looking at our original logo it seems so perfect. It is a shame that they have bastardized it over the years.

West-Coast-logo-1987.gif

I'm personally not against a shield in general. In fact, our original logo incorporated a shield (see below). Looking at our original logo it seems so perfect. It is a shame that they have bastardized it over the years.

West-Coast-logo-1987.gif

Don't the segments in this logo represent the sails of a yacht, a reference to the Americas Cup win? I'm sure I read that somewhere, Mr Eagle?

West-Coast-logo-1987.gif
Pretty sure up until the mid 90s all teams had the same logo format.

Generic shield and font, team colours in the top half, and basic logo in the bottom half.

* it was brilliant - I wish we could go back...

I have never heard anything like that.

I think it was in an article about the guy that designed the original logo.

Edit: I think I found the article but it makes no mention of it, I have no idea where I heard it from. :drunk:

Last edited:
My Mrs works in a law firm and her lawyer boss is good mates with the guy who designed the wings. She wore my 92 anniversary wings on Friday for some gf thing and he happened to rock in to see the lawyer. Said he'd heard of RTW and was glad we were creaming over his design

Don't the segments in this logo represent the sails of a yacht, a reference to the Americas Cup win? I'm sure I read that somewhere, Mr Eagle?

I've read that somewhere too. The blue and gold represent the sun and sand, the three parts of the eagle represent yacht sails, as WA was hosting the Next Americas cup or something?

Pretty sure up until the mid 90s all teams had the same logo format.

Generic shield and font, team colours in the top half, and basic logo in the bottom half.

**** it was brilliant - I wish we could go back...

At least the WAFL still has a majority of shields. They look great IMO.

My Mrs works in a law firm and her lawyer boss is good mates with the guy who designed the wings. She wore my 92 anniversary wings on Friday for some gf thing and he happened to rock in to see the lawyer. Said he'd heard of RTW and was glad we were creaming over his design
Whilst she's wearing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back