Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the clashes we see the AFL turn a blind eye to week in, week out (eg. PiesTigers today), there's no reason either WA side should wear their clash, if it comes to it. It'd be a far less bad jumper matchup than the Collingwood vs Carlton debacle a fortnight ago.
Blind eye can be turned in certain situations, West Coast/Fremantle isn't one of them apparently.

Blind eye can be turned in certain situations, West Coast/Fremantle isn't one of them apparently.
It feels like a bit of the old Vic bias has crept back into the AFL in recent times, or is that just me?

If we unveil a white wings clash after the season, and get told that a yellow clash was not allowed, I will fair dinkum erupt with volcanic force proportions (i.e. I will send a strongly worded email to someone).

It feels like a bit of the old Vic bias has crept back into the AFL in recent times, or is that just me?

If we unveil a white wings clash after the season, and get told that a yellow clash was not allowed, I will fair dinkum erupt at volcanic force proportions (i.e. I will send a strongly worded email to someone).
White wings clash would be stupid but a slight improvement. Adelaide getting the yellow means we should be able to. They'll only announce the navy next year though, tablecloth will return.

And yeah it's one giant Vic wankfest, can't deal with it. Response to the Hodge incident vs Masten/Silvagni, jumper clashes, commentary, it's all unbearable.

Maybe, just maybe this clash issue comes to a head in the finals and we have to face hawthorn/Freo in a clash strip. What if the club uses The occasion to unveil the results of the survey, and announce our 2016 kit. Glorious yellow wings for the clash, and the compromise navy wings for home.
We wear royal vs Hawthorn, or we'd wear tripanel and they'd have to wear the power ranger hahaha.

Surely they wouldn't do this.
206829.jpg

206825.jpg

Reckon they would have to tbh
I really hope we get this matchup (at Subi), just to see what happens. I honestly don't know which outcome is more likely:
1. Tri-panel vs Power Rangers - much as i hate the TP, it should be this
2. Wings vs brown & gold stripes - probably not this due to our rigid sponsorship arrangements
3. Tri-panel (with white shorts) vs brown & gold stripes - heaven help us
4. AFL forgets the prison bars debacle last year and forces us to wear the Tablecloth vs brown & gold stripes

Hawks will wear power ranger at subi against us if that's the way the finals work out, in a QF or PF, grand final they would never wear it, and would never really have to. Crows wore clash in 2012 PF didn't they??

I really hope we get this matchup (at Subi), just to see what happens. I honestly don't know which outcome is more likely:
1. Tri-panel vs Power Rangers - much as i hate the TP, it should be this
2. Wings vs brown & gold stripes - probably not this due to our rigid sponsorship arrangements
3. Tri-panel (with white shorts) vs brown & gold stripes - heaven help us
4. AFL forgets the prison bars debacle last year and forces us to wear the Tablecloth vs brown & gold stripes

Surely it'd be number one, though I wouldn't put it past them to opt into #4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even though the nicest matchup would be their white v our Royal , in a derby final, we would probably wear Tripanel (if in WA and we were the home team) or the White Tablecloth . The docker's blurple clashes with our navy and our Royal . I'm getting nightmares already .

The only glimmer of hope is that the dockers played their only other GF in white so it has more successful history ....

Would be nice if the club communicated with the fans re all the finals jumper concerns rather than sticking their head in the sand :/

Can you link me to where fans are making noise? Or is it just the RTW movement again?

Given the club's track record I'd think it would need pretty widespread outcry and it appears there are a heap of WCE fans that sadly just don't care.

Hawks will wear power ranger at subi against us if that's the way the finals work out, in a QF or PF, grand final they would never wear it, and would never really have to. Crows wore clash in 2012 PF didn't they??
Yep, exactly. They would never have to wear it in a GF because it doesn't clash with our Royal
I'm sure the AFL (VFL) would excuse them from wearing it if they hypothetically had to though lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back