Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the AFL Store the other day and overheard some old guy and the store clerk complaining about the new home guernsey- "big money grab, what was wrong with the old one, it looks too similar to the away guernsey etc etc."

What is wrong with people...

91sn32Q.jpg

I was at the AFL Store the other day and overheard some old guy and the store clerk complaining about the new home guernsey- "big money grab, what was wrong with the old one, it looks too similar to the away guernsey etc etc."

What is wrong with people...

You should have done this to him...

punch-lenny-o.gif

"looks too much like the away guernsey"

That to me is just mind blowingly ****ed in the head.

What exactly is the problem with that? Is there some sort of inherent value in having completely incongruous jumpers? The whole point is to make our uniform...uniform.

"looks too much like the away guernsey"

That to me is just mind blowingly stuffed in the head.

What exactly is the problem with that? Is there some sort of inherent value in having completely incongruous jumpers? The whole point is to make our uniform...uniform.
That was the major complaint when it was first revealed.

Heaven forbid we have a consistent design across our jumpers. Like you know, practically every other club in the league. :drunk:

"looks too much like the away guernsey".

That was the major complaint when it was first revealed.

Heaven forbid we have a consistent design across our jumpers. Like you know, practically every other club in the league. :drunk:
It's just a complaint by a minority. What was the final percentage in that poll that run on Perthnow ? Something like > 80% in favour of wings?

Really just dying to see the new designs on someone other than Mark LeCras (or his photoshopped body)! I'm glad I didn't pre-order. It'll end up being just as easy to walk into the store when the stock arrives.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they fell into the trap of "it needs deeper wings" they are now too deep, and the head is too low. The wings needed to be somewhere between the new ones, and the old ones, with the head slightly higher, and larger.

Deep wings only work with the old style head, that can come right up into the space between them, with the head the way it is now, longer at the top than bottom, the wings need to be slightly straighter and not so deep. The clipped wings from this year took it too far, but the mid 2000's ones were probably the best for use with the current logo.

So mid November has come and gone. Still don't have my wings yet......did the change really happen???

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

agree to disagree I guess. I like the current logo, and unless we're changing it back to the original, don't see the need to change it. Wings are much easier to alter than the entire logo.
I think the smaller logo fits just fine, FWIW. Would be good to have a few more images to assess though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back