Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When they say return the wings, is it just about getting rid of the tri panel? Or about bringing back the big wings?
Mainly the reinstatement of the wings and killing off the tri-panel. However, we are all for the bigger wings as well.

But first things first. Wings.

Should we follow the tradition of a few sports and use a star (or something else) to represent each Premiership?

Melbourne I believe already do that
772095-tom-scully.jpg

Either that or it represents how many first round picks they've wasted, I forget which one it is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am sure it could be done in a way where it looked good. I guess the location, size and symbol used would be important. Just a thought anyway.

Probably need a few more premierships before we should even consider it. Boasting about our 3 flags up against the likes of Carlton (16), Essendon (16), Collingwood (15), Melbourne (12), Hawthorn (11) etc it makes us look a bit silly.

Probably need a few more premierships before we should even consider it. Boasting about our 3 flags up against the likes of Carlton (16), Essendon (16), Collingwood (15), Melbourne (12), Hawthorn (11) etc it makes us look a bit silly.
VFL Flags shouldnt carry the same weight as AFL flags

Yeah agree vfl flags shouldn't count but we all came and joined their league so I guess they still count for a bit. Had 6 or 7 teams come from over east and joined the wafl, we would all want to keep our wafl flags.

We should be proud that we're the most successful interstate club in the league (along with Brisbane if you're thinking premiership wise). I think we have a valid reason.

Voted today with the alternative option... want the wings with royal blue
Although most of us want that, I don't know if its a good idea.

Say 25 % vote for an alternate (ie Royal, or make your own). 35% vote for "return the wings" and then 40% vote for tri-panel.

Tri-panel gets the most votes, so it stays.

Not good result.

Just vote for the bloody navy wings already!! Can people grow up an realise that if this thing is ever going to happen, navy is the only way, the club have even told us this straight up, yet people still think that voting for the royal home is "taking a stand" you're not standing for anything, you are all ruining this thing because you are too stubborn to compromise. If the bloody tri panel wins because you fools think you can make a difference I'll be pissed, even more so than now!! Sorry if this has offended any of you but we all need to realise that navy wings beat tri panel and those are the only options at the minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back