Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the last time we had heritage round, 2007?? It wouldn't work now with the new teams, I doubt we will see heritage round for a long time, if ever again.
I'm with Champs, had totally failed to realise that heritage round wasn't a thing anymore. o_O

They could bring it back with fake heritage though right? Put Gold Coast and GWS in rugby league outfits?

I'm with Champs, had totally failed to realise that heritage round wasn't a thing anymore. o_O

They could bring it back with fake heritage though right? Put Gold Coast and GWS in rugby league outfits?

It's because it's not a round that can be exploited by the AFL to make them look good in the community. Womens round, multicultural round, indigenous round all make them look good and politically correct, next we'll have bloody gay round, lesbian round, trans gender round, I am a fully grown aduly who dresses up in bloody animal costumes round, anyhting that can make them look like the good guys, with Adam Goodes and Harry lalabumba being the ambassadors for all of them!

When was the last time we had heritage round, 2007?? It wouldn't work now with the new teams, I doubt we will see heritage round for a long time, if ever again.

Heritage round was my absolute favourite. Loved seeing all the old style jumpers. Maybe they could rename it Past and Present round so GC and GWS don't get left out? ^_^ I would love too see it come back!!

GWS can wear this for Heritage round.

GWS-Uniform-2010.gif

As for Gold Coast? They can be the Southport Sharks for a game?

The jumper vote is off the main page now. Unless you knew about it you'd never find it

Probably a sign the public vote is irrelevant. They know the outcome based on last year's poll

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wing size and shape may be constrained by jumper manufacturers, as breathing panels in the sides of the jumpers (they're so skin tight that Quinten Lynch has to actually get someone to cut his off with scissors after every match) have to be the same colour as the main body of the jumper. So the wings might have to go around the panel, or something like that.

[/QUOTE]

Mankind can send men to the moon, yet we can't make a side panel two separate colours?!!

Wing size and shape may be constrained by jumper manufacturers, as breathing panels in the sides of the jumpers (they're so skin tight that Quinten Lynch has to actually get someone to cut his off with scissors after every match) have to be the same colour as the main body of the jumper. So the wings might have to go around the panel, or something like that.

Mankind can send men to the moon, yet we can't make a side panel two separate colours?!![/QUOTE]

I don't understand why they don't just make the panels shorter on top. Replace the top bit with the other fabric and then the wing won't be cut?

Mankind can send men to the moon, yet we can't make a side panel two separate colours?!!

I don't understand why they don't just make the panels shorter on top. Replace the top bit with the other fabric and then the wing won't be cut?[/QUOTE]
The side panel needs to be at its stretchiest under the arms, so they can't do that.

I don't understand why they don't just make the panels shorter on top. Replace the top bit with the other fabric and then the wing won't be cut?
The side panel needs to be at its stretchiest under the arms, so they can't do that.[/QUOTE]
Are side panels even necessary? Really?

I guess we're stuck with them anyway, so it gets down to finding a solution. It can't be that hard.

The side panel needs to be at its stretchiest under the arms, so they can't do that.

I guess we're stuck with them anyway, so it gets down to finding a solution. It can't be that hard.[/QUOTE]
Yes they are necessary. Think it's been discussed before. The new material is ridiculously tight so stretchy side panels are needed so players can get in and out of the jumper without having to cut them off.

The only way around this I can see would be to dye the appropriate part gold to continue the wing.

I guess we're stuck with them anyway, so it gets down to finding a solution. It can't be that hard.

Change of manufacturer would be ideal. Although I don't think we've ever done that, not sure if that's a bridge the club really wants to burn.

Change of manufacturer would be ideal. Although I don't think we've ever done that, not sure if that's a bridge the club really wants to burn.
It would be silly to ditch Puma over something as minute as side panels. I'd facepalm hard if we did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back