Certified Legendary Thread Winged Guernsey Petition/Letter - #ReturnTheWings: WINGS RETURNED, PERIL RETURNED - JOB DONE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another possibility is we have the same indigenous jumper as 2014 and no clash at all. Just royal away.? Except against Bulldogs. So we'll find out in round 1 at the latest

Wow, that's pretty big news, well I think so anyway! So we replace one white with another, although I do like the indigenous one more. Does that now mean that we will have to wait until 2017 to possibly see the peril as our clash:eek:

Also the short sponsor is from our polo shirts, so they get an upgrade.
Agreed it is massive news. After going out and reluctantly buying the white I can now say it was all worth it as I wouldnt be able to buy it in 2015.

The other way that you can look at it is that it is one more nail in the coffin to the generic eagles design and movement towards the wings. People power has spoken and they are taking a step forward.

Agreed it is massive news. After going out and reluctantly buying the white I can now say it was all worth it as I wouldnt be able to buy it in 2015.

The other way that you can look at it is that it is one more nail in the coffin to the generic eagles design and movement towards the wings. People power has spoken and they are taking a step forward.

At least now my 2014 indigenous guernsey, becomes a 2015 clash;)

So in theory, we should see, at least the 2014 clash player issues up for sale, if they are no longer going to be used.

Is it confirmed that the 2014 Indigenous will transition into our clash? Or is everyone just making the assumption?

It would be an upgrade! would have liked to see some slight changes if that was the case, rather than a straight out copy.

Is it confirmed that the 2014 Indigenous will transition into our clash? Or is everyone just making the assumption?

It would be an upgrade! would have liked to see some slight changes if that was the case, rather than a straight out copy.

Not confirmed, but would seem that's the case, otherwise I'm assuming we would have seen the clash guernsey for one of the photo's.

Pretty much making the assumption

I was about to say that the new recruits are wearing thier correct numbers, and they must have their guernsey's made up already, but looking at the pics again, I'm not so sure.

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/g...hoot#10f998d09723a410VgnVCM100000976bb70aRCRD

This pic shows Waterman in 42, which is correct, but the jumper looks pretty loose fitting, perhaps McGoverns from last year?

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/g...hoot#3cf998d09723a410VgnVCM100000976bb70aRCRD

Then this one looks like Beau Waters wearing 14:confused: but Bennell in his correct 44, and another pic shows hill in 33, so I'm confused.

Last year when they did the team photo's, they were all in 2013 guernseys, so maybe they haven't got their 2015 gear yet, and are using last years? The whole point of this long winded post is that I don't really know anything and I'm clearly reading too much into all of this:D But for now I'm assuming the old clash is dead!

I was about to say that the new recruits are wearing thier correct numbers, and they must have their guernsey's made up already, but looking at the pics again, I'm not so sure.

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/g...hoot#10f998d09723a410VgnVCM100000976bb70aRCRD

This pic shows Waterman in 42, which is correct, but the jumper looks pretty loose fitting, perhaps McGoverns from last year?

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/g...hoot#3cf998d09723a410VgnVCM100000976bb70aRCRD

Then this one looks like Beau Waters wearing 14:confused: but Bennell in his correct 44, and another pic shows hill in 33, so I'm confused.

Last year when they did the team photo's, they were all in 2013 guernseys, so maybe they haven't got their 2015 gear yet, and are using last years? The whole point of this long winded post is that I don't really know anything and I'm clearly reading too much into all of this:D But for now I'm assuming the old clash is dead!

If they haven't made up the 2015 player issues yet, then they may well be using leftover 2014 player issues, which (given the guernseys only need to look right on the front) might mean people wearing different numbers just to get the size right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this jumper will be our clash, but maybe the club is tweaking it? In clash form it may be a plain white jumper with the eagle head on the front tidied up a bit.

Been thinking about the player issues, and why we haven't seen any for sale yet. The last few batches that were on the auction site, a few buyes bought multiple guernseys, some bought like 8 or 10! Then we see them framed up, and flogged on ebay for $600-$1000, depending on the player. I doubt the club would be happy with that.

Then this year, when they were trying to get rid of the 2013 stock, they were sold through the team store site, online only, they made a specific note that they weren't available in person at the store. You had to pay for delivery, plus there was a limit of how many you could get, 2 I think it was.

So maybe that is how it's going to work from now on. Probably the only way they can try and stop people from buying heaps at once, and trying to on sell them for massive profits.

Let's see if when the 2015 gear is released, the 2014 player issues pop up on the team store site, I'm hoping that's the case anyway!!

Not sure how to attach tweets, but Stocks has said no change to the clash for 2015, just that we will be wearing the indigenous jumper again in 2015. So we all jumped the gun it seems:D

Not disappointed that's its not being used as clash - as a big advocate for Yellow as our 'clash' jumper, moving to another white jumper would have seem a backwards step to me (even if it is slightly better).

But it also means they won't be using a Wings design for the Indigenous clash in 2015 - another opportunity lost.

Not disappointed that's its not being used as clash - as a big advocate for Yellow as our 'clash' jumper, moving to another white jumper would have seem a backwards step to me (even if it is slightly better).

But it also means they won't be using a Wings design for the Indigenous clash in 2015 - another opportunity lost.

Agreed. If the indigenous round guernsey was to become our new clash, then it would mean we would have to keep it for 2 years minimum, so that would mean no chance of the peril until at least 2017.

Will be interesting to see what Richmonds new clash is for next year, if they come out with a predominately yellow guernsey, that should pave the way for us to introduce the peril for 2016. Wings all round!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back