Society/Culture Working from home vs forced back to the office

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair this is a valid point.

I've not bothered going to work shows for 2 years and haven't been into the CBD for after work drinks for probably 3 ?

Dan Murphy's and bottle shops definitely would have seen a big increase though from people just having a drink at home.

Mind you cost of booze might also make this a bigger issue.
Went to the pub for food and drinks with new work colleagues last week.

Funk me. I quite regularly eat pub meals but I don’t drink - I just have a soda water and keep driving. Havnt drank at a pub for about a decade.

But I had a fair few the other night and paying 15 for a “pint” that’s actually a schooner…. Then shifting to my poison of choice gin…… and discovering to my horror that they only put one shot in it?

I must have a Mandela thing going on, I swear when I was partying all weekend you got two hits …. Apparently not, I couldn’t even funking taste it!!!

So anyhoo I’ve convinced them all that the twice monthly meal should be at my local footy club where the foods as good, the drinks are far more reasonable and the decent slab of wedge we put down amongst a dozen or so of us goes to my beloved rovers.

I’d gladly take the WFH but no promotions or transfers…having recently been denied a secondment where (my assesment) I could have contributed better to the organisations output.
I don’t get how this org thinks it’s a threat
Or is it code for ‘you’ll be the first retrenched?’

Remove this Banner Ad

Back