World Baseball Classic 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Genda trying to bunt his teammates over lays down two foul bunts. Guess he'll have to swing it now.

Nope, he finally gets the sac bunt to land fair and the Japanese have men on second and third with one out.

Japan brings in Hotaka Yamakawa as a pinch-hitter with the ninth man of the lineup at the plate. Behind Yamakawa are the top of the lineup, Nootbaar, Kondoh and Shohei Ohtani batting third. Critical at bat here.

Yamakawa hits a fly ball to Arozarena in right and Japan score on the sac fly. 5-4 to Mexico, but a big out for the Mexicans. Would trade the run for the out.

I seem to be a minute or 2 behind.

I found a bloke who is broadcasting the game live on Twitch. The MLB Gameday app is even faster than the broadcast I'm watching.

Reyes freezes Kondoh with a fastball painted at the bottom of the zone and Mexico escape the jam. They head into the top of the ninth leading 5-4.

I found a bloke who is broadcasting the game live on Twitch. The MLB Gameday app is even faster than the broadcast I'm watching.

I might have found the one you’re watching. It’s with a guy with a Mexico top on in the video speaking and a good size screen for the game. It’s live and not 1-2 minutes behind like I was watching. I will stick to this guy.

Ota comes into the game as pitcher for Japan and gets Urias to fly out to Kondoh. He gets 0-2 up on Alek Thomas and then proceeds to hit him in the boot. There's a bit of an injury delay while the Mexicans check out Thomas.

I might have found the one you’re watching. It’s with a guy with a Mexico top on in the video speaking and a good size screen for the game. It’s live and not 1-2 minutes behind like I was watching. I will stick to this guy.

Sounds like a different guy to the bloke I'm watching. The bloke I'm watching is American and supporting Japan.

To be honest, I'm surprised he hasn't been closed down yet. Twitch usually clamps down on rebroadcast of live sporting events.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like a different guy to the bloke I'm watching. The bloke I'm watching is American and supporting Japan.

To be honest, I'm surprised he hasn't been closed down yet. Twitch usually clamps down on rebroadcast of live sporting events.

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking as well. Weird they’ve stayed up throughout the entire game.

Edit: Lol, I went back to the other stream I was watching. Looks like twitch guy has been closed down.

Just in time, Ohtani with a double.

Ota gets the third out of the inning and we head into the bottom of the ninth with Japan trailing 5-4. Ohtani, Yoshida and Murakami due up for Japan to try to either take it to extras or walk it off. Mexico brings in Giovanny Gallegos to try for the save. Gallegos had 14 saves for St Louis last season.

Ohtani does his job with a stand-up double off Gallegos' first pitch of the inning. Gallegos left a changeup up in the zone. He was lucky to get that ball back, to be honest. Ohtani could have blasted it out of the stadium.

Ohtani does his job with a stand-up double off Gallegos' first pitch of the inning. Gallegos left a changeup up in the zone. He was lucky to get that ball back, to be honest. Ohtani could have blasted it out of the stadium.
Time for a bunt. No way Japan leave him on second. That or steal

Time for a bunt. No way Japan leave him on second. That or steal

Japan's heart of the order coming up. I think they're backing themselves in to walk it off. One hit through the infield gets Ohtani home and ties the game, and they have two on, so they would get the second man into scoring position.

Gallegos put a fastball on a tee for Murakami to hit. Top of the zone and it was begging to be crushed. Murakami hit it to the deepest part of Loan Depot Park and Thomas had no chance to run it down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back