Remove this Banner Ad

Augustine

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal
So apparently there's been 825,000 tickets already sold. Bearing in mind that the (very successful in my opinion) Asian Cup had a total of 629k people attend we're in for a huge tournament.

The first weekend seems to me that all the games will sell out. 20,000 in Christchurch for NZ vs SL, 100,000 (or near that) at the MCG for Australia vs England, 10,000 at Hagley in New Zealand for Zimbabwe vs South Africa and of course 50,000 for India vs Pakistan in Adelaide.

I'm excited. What other games (especially non Australian) stand out as potential big crowd drawers?

The two big non australian clashes are most likely india vs Pakistan in Adelaide and South Africa vs india at the MCG. Anyone know what the biggest ever crowd at the MCG is?

The two big non australian clashes are most likely india vs Pakistan in Adelaide and South Africa vs india at the MCG. Anyone know what the biggest ever crowd at the MCG is?

Yes, 143,000 at the Billy Graham Crusade.

Sport-wise it's 121,696 at the "Jesalenko You Beauty!" 1970 grand final between Carlton and Collingwood.

I suppose you probably meant Cricket as well?

Australia vs England Boxing day test 2013 - 91,112
Australia vs West Indies Test 1961 - 90,800
Australia vs England 2006 - 89,155 (Shane Warne 700th wicket)
Australia vs England test 1936 - 87,789
Pakistan vs England 1993 world cup final - 87,182
Australia vs West Indies ODI 1984 - 86,124
Australia vs India T20 2008 - 85,000

Like for the avatar and l am looking forward to the India v Pakistan match for the atmosphere that they will generate. Are they playing the MCG or somewhere else. If its at the MCG, the Indian's will come out in force and numbers.

Like for the avatar and l am looking forward to the India v Pakistan match for the atmosphere that they will generate. Are they playing the MCG or somewhere else. If its at the MCG, the Indian's will come out in force and numbers.

Adelaide oval. When the tickets came out they sold put in 20 minutes.

Well I'm heading to UAE vs India the same day Australia play in NZ, so I could well and truly be the only white guy. At an estimate I'd say 10-12k (it's a Saturday after all featuring India).

Australia vs Afghanistan seemed almost sold out, so I'll say 21k.

India vs West Indies cheapest tickets were all taken, but a fair amount of pricey ones were left, I'll say 14-16k (being a Friday a fair few could rock up after work)

Well I'm heading to UAE vs India the same day Australia play in NZ, so I could well and truly be the only white guy. At an estimate I'd say 10-12k (it's a Saturday after all featuring India).

Australia vs Afghanistan seemed almost sold out, so I'll say 21k.

India vs West Indies cheapest tickets were all taken, but a fair amount of pricey ones were left, I'll say 14-16k (being a Friday a fair few could rock up after work)
The India - West Indies game would be awesome to go to.

I suppose you probably meant Cricket as well?

Australia vs England Boxing day test 2013 - 91,112
Australia vs West Indies Test 1961 - 90,800
Australia vs England 2006 - 89,155 (Shane Warne 700th wicket)
Australia vs England test 1936 - 87,789
Pakistan vs England 1993 world cup final - 87,182
Australia vs West Indies ODI 1984 - 86,124
Australia vs India T20 2008 - 85,000
Yeah was wondering if this has a chance of becoming the biggest cricket crowd ever. Don't think it'll quite get there, I reckon about 85,000. Should get close to 100,000 for the final though (assuming Australia is in it).

being a smoker thats 4 rows from the back of the top deck in the newer section of the mcg, i am not looking forward to tomorrow..

but being part of hopefully a 95,000 strong crowd will be incredible

(Log in to remove this ad.)

depends which west indies show up. they could be the most exciting games of the tournament or some of the worst
Probably a fair comment. The players will care for once though. IPL auditions don't come much bigger than a good WC performance. But that dosn't do much in terms of playing as a team, and if everyone's goal is it score 30 off 15 balls to impress IL scouts that won't win too many 50 over games.

bigger.

followed the hashtags on twitter, they are all talking about it.

has to be the most watched sporting event in the world?
FIFA WC Final and Olypmic opening ceremony would beat it. Everyone watches the FIFA WC even if their nation isn't competing. Maybe the English FA Cup final as well, huge game globally even if it is losing some of its lustre in England itself.

The soccer world cup final gets about half a billion. A cricket world cup group game will not nearly approach that.

FIFA WC Final and Olypmic opening ceremony would beat it. Everyone watches the FIFA WC even if their nation isn't competing. Maybe the English FA Cup final as well, huge game globally even if it is losing some of its lustre in England itself.

It's a big deal to English expats who left 30 years. Everyone else less so.

The soccer world cup final gets about half a billion. A cricket world cup group game will not nearly approach that.

Soccer World Cups don't have the same pull in India and Pakistan as a Cricket World Cup match between the two nations. You'll easily get half a billion viewers in the two countries alone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back