PC World of Warcraft - Including Classic

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a fan with the limited time I've had so far. My warrior main since BC is just awful. The slow desire of them to force haste to be useful as stat, necessitated now by there being no hit and exp to gear for, and the pruning has just made it an utter mess. Haven't tried any lfr or pug flex but if it was as bad as 6 months ago then its probably a bit rough. On the plus side the reagent bank and toy tab means I actually have bank space and lots of it for the first time in years. A real mixed bag there and its hard to rate overall until the new content is out.

What do you mean by LFR/flex being bad? LFR can be facerolled the entire way, ou can ignore mechanics on lots of fights. Normal/heroic/mythic can still pose a bit of a challenge if your group isn't overgeared, but if you are then yeah it can be a cakewalk. Garrosh can still be solo tanked by well geared tanks, but most other mechanics have to be followed. One thing that has caught a few groups out is the hp on the MC'd adds in the final phase weren't crunched properly, so they are harder to get down, everyone needs to be on top of stuns.

As for stats, keep in mind what may seem like junk now will change immensely once you reach level cap in WoD, especially once you start to gain the new stats like versatility and multistrike. Hit and expertise are outdated game mechanics. There was no room to move with either, you had to be fully capped, then once you were any extra was useless. Removing them adds more flexibility in gearing towards play style.

What do you mean by LFR/flex being bad? LFR can be facerolled the entire way, ou can ignore mechanics on lots of fights. Normal/heroic/mythic can still pose a bit of a challenge if your group isn't overgeared, but if you are then yeah it can be a cakewalk. Garrosh can still be solo tanked by well geared tanks, but most other mechanics have to be followed. One thing that has caught a few groups out is the hp on the MC'd adds in the final phase weren't crunched properly, so they are harder to get down, everyone needs to be on top of stuns.

As for stats, keep in mind what may seem like junk now will change immensely once you reach level cap in WoD, especially once you start to gain the new stats like versatility and multistrike. Hit and expertise are outdated game mechanics. There was no room to move with either, you had to be fully capped, then once you were any extra was useless. Removing them adds more flexibility in gearing towards play style.

I do get all of this and understand its where they are coming from in terms of game, just annoyed they well ****ed my favourite spec. They had enough qaulity feedback from people to know this and a couple of really simple things would have smoothed that out even with the drastic backwards step with how rage generation worked. Oh and they still can't make a mastery that works nicely for arms. But anyway, as for LFR I meant in terms of the antics and stupid behaviour that was happening in them back then, not the difficulty.

Just tried out the new 'I' tab group finder and got a H Garrosh kill one shot no fuss so thats nice. Probably a little better quality as its new and people are after heirlooms right now. Ill adapt to the changes regardless, but i reserve the right to whinge!

Didn't realise they were dropping a number of spells... Ice Block, Mana Gem Evocation all gone.

Ice Block is most definitely still in the game. It would only be gone if you've taken Evanesce, a first tier talent.

Lots of classes have had mana regen spells removed as the cost of spells has been reduced.

Ice Block is most definitely still in the game. It would only be gone if you've taken Evanesce, a first tier talent.

Lots of classes have had mana regen spells removed as the cost of spells has been reduced.
Ahh yeah my bad, still it feels odd.

Did I just read somewhere Aussie servers? Surely too late.. but it's a handy persuasion to check out the new stuff sometime soon.
Just hearing this now too. Its nice but in a way its a little to late. Long since adapted to raiding and pvping in the day as melee with high pings so. Still its good either way. Also should mean better less disruptive maintenance times here .

Did I just read somewhere Aussie servers? Surely too late.. but it's a handy persuasion to check out the new stuff sometime soon.

Perhaps it would have costed them too much in the past, and with dwindling number they see it as a way to lure back some of the crowd? I don't know. Considering they're doing it now they must have had their reasons for postponing it for so long, as otherwise they'd just never have gotten around to it.

Arena here I come!

Perhaps it would have costed them too much in the past, and with dwindling number they see it as a way to lure back some of the crowd? I don't know. Considering they're doing it now they must have had their reasons for postponing it for so long, as otherwise they'd just never have gotten around to it.

Arena here I come!
Sticking point in the past apparently was always Telstra unsurprisingly. I forget if it was either just the cost or the way they do things or both but yeah. Had Aus based Diablo 3 servers for a bit so I assume its and extension of that now, just a case of moving the data.

Sticking point in the past apparently was always Telstra unsurprisingly. I forget if it was either just the cost or the way they do things or both but yeah. Had Aus based Diablo 3 servers for a bit so I assume its and extension of that now, just a case of moving the data.

I remember the issue was Telstra in the past. Wonder if it is anything to do with the new MS servers?

Just took the plunge, opened up the Battlenet app and started downloading again. Might take me a day or two to think about chucking some time on or not to give it a crack. One thing I always hated after long breaks, especially after a PC upgrade was my toons were completely set up for the mods I was running so couple that with whatever skill and talent changes logging onto my 90s will be pretty overwhelming with standard hotbars set up with junk and all over the place. Might just start a new character and smash that out for a while. My characters no longer show up in the armory because I haven't been on since april or may last year, but according to the services page on my account my guys are still in their guild... which is kind of nice if my old buds have let me stay lol. I'm sure they would have, I was with them enough years. jubei horde represent. Dropbears :D

Just took the plunge, opened up the Battlenet app and started downloading again. Might take me a day or two to think about chucking some time on or not to give it a crack. One thing I always hated after long breaks, especially after a PC upgrade was my toons were completely set up for the mods I was running so couple that with whatever skill and talent changes logging onto my 90s will be pretty overwhelming with standard hotbars set up with junk and all over the place. Might just start a new character and smash that out for a while. My characters no longer show up in the armory because I haven't been on since april or may last year, but according to the services page on my account my guys are still in their guild... which is kind of nice if my old buds have let me stay lol. I'm sure they would have, I was with them enough years. jubei horde represent. Dropbears :D

There has been some free 7 day game-time for past subscribers floating around. I'm still subbed so didn't receive it but you might have gotten an email regarding it.

There has been some free 7 day game-time for past subscribers floating around. I'm still subbed so didn't receive it but you might have gotten an email regarding it.

Just searched around to find if there are any incentives for returning players. Might just get a mate or someone who still plays to send a scroll. Otherwise it isn't too much to sub for a month or 3. I think I've got that expansion itch that I want to try the new stuff and feel like I'm still in touch with the game. :D

My bnet account has been on a Hotmail account which got like 2727373844 phishing emails a day so no way I'm sifting through that lol. Moved it on to another email address the other so hopefully it's a bit tidier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get Elvui, best UI out there. You can clean up everything, the Blizzard UI is garbage, I haven't used that since early 2005.

Get Elvui, best UI out there. You can clean up everything, the Blizzard UI is garbage, I haven't used that since early 2005.

I quit using ElvUI the other day after a backdoor was found that let the creator, Elv, take control of your character to some extent (could move and say things, couldn't access bank and the like). Has been 'removed' from the addon now but I'm never going to touch it again, just don't see the point.

I quit using ElvUI the other day after a backdoor was found that let the creator, Elv, take control of your character to some extent (could move and say things, couldn't access bank and the like). Has been 'removed' from the addon now but I'm never going to touch it again, just don't see the point.
What the hell... I only started playing again on Friday and spent the day setting the damn thing up. :mad: Guess, I'll delete it, why the hell was that back door in there? Strange...

What the hell... I only started playing again on Friday and spent the day setting the damn thing up. :mad: Guess, I'll delete it, why the hell was that back door in there? Strange...

Said for 'testing purposes' and messing with his mates. Was pretty stupid really.

Just searched around to find if there are any incentives for returning players. Might just get a mate or someone who still plays to send a scroll. Otherwise it isn't too much to sub for a month or 3. I think I've got that expansion itch that I want to try the new stuff and feel like I'm still in touch with the game. :D

My bnet account has been on a Hotmail account which got like 2727373844 phishing emails a day so no way I'm sifting through that lol. Moved it on to another email address the other so hopefully it's a bit tidier.

Scrolls of resurrection no longer exist. :(

Scrolls of resurrection no longer exist. :(

But whhhyyyy

why-meme.jpg

I'm currently finding excuses not to resub for a month. All 28gb downloaded and installed waiting to go. During the week is easy. Going to be a struggle when I have a 4 day weekend end of this week. Completely hinging on if Lords of the Fallen is a flop or not.

But whhhyyyy

why-meme.jpg

I'm currently finding excuses not to resub for a month. All 28gb downloaded and installed waiting to go. During the week is easy. Going to be a struggle when I have a 4 day weekend end of this week. Completely hinging on if Lords of the Fallen is a flop or not.

Yeah no idea why but it sucks.

Keep in mind not only is there the xpac coming out, there's the 10th anniversary coming up too! lvl100 Molten Core and 100 vs 100 Southshore vs. Tarren Mill. Eppppic!

Yeah no idea why but it sucks.

Keep in mind not only is there the xpac coming out, there's the 10th anniversary coming up too! lvl100 Molten Core and 100 vs 100 Southshore vs. Tarren Mill. Eppppic!

Cool, lots to do. I only played MoP at launch and got one toon to 90 (not even my original main :() but all my other ones are at 85. One of my excuses was "oh my pally is holy so it's too crap to level" but going from 85 to 90 would be a good chance to pick up some ret gear. I don't want to raid again, I just want to check out the updates for a couple months sporting my retro Hand of A'dal and plagued proto drake.

Cool, lots to do. I only played MoP at launch and got one toon to 90 (not even my original main :() but all my other ones are at 85. One of my excuses was "oh my pally is holy so it's too crap to level" but going from 85 to 90 would be a good chance to pick up some ret gear. I don't want to raid again, I just want to check out the updates for a couple months sporting my retro Hand of A'dal and plagued proto drake.

The raid finder has made being a casual player much more enjoyable. You can see all the end game content without any serious commitment.

What's the deal with the stat crunch? Gear is like vanilla/BC stats but LK health pools. Timeless Isle reminds me of the Isle of QQ (Sunwell), especially on a pvp server. Got nearly all my gear from chests, spent 10k coins on a weapon for my tank. If I was dps I'd jump into LFR but as a tank and nfi about the fights I'm happy to miss it with 2 weeks to go and just do pet battles and get my fishing/cooking back up :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back