Would any of you guys take Harley Bennell?

Would you take Harley bennell at the tigers?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd take him in a heartbeat, kid can play, yes, he may have a bad lifestyle habit, or a bad boy attitude, but so did former Brownlow medalist Dane Swan, who near got booted out of Collingwood, heck so did Dusty at one stage, probably won't leave GC, but he'd be nice to have

yeah look, being 25, not 45, it's real c***.

Being 41 is a real C*** let me tell you. In general life terms i'm in an ok spot, but, physically i'm shot

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

I bet you Hawthorn will get him, but I hope we do.

Bennell and Treloar would be great.

Your doing the same stuff as Harley if you think we can secure both.

I don't even think we will get one.

At the end of the day every second bloke playing AFL is on the gear....Harley just got caught.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those thinking we could get him with a 2nd rounder... please. We wouldnt get him with pick 13.
Drugs or no drugs... the bloke is a ******* jet. Not saying i want him, but you aint getting him for less.

Agree. It will take a first rounder to get him. This kid when fit and right to play is a jet.

I'd happily give up our 1st pick and potentially a player also for Bennell (not that we have anyone of value to give up that Gold Coast would need). He is a gun.

No way would I be giving up a player in addition to our first round pick. Happy to give it up for Treleor but not Bennell who comes in the high risk category. There is a greater than 50:50 chance that he is going to stuff up again. New drug regulations come into play next year as well. I don't want another possible bad influence on Dusty at the club.

Bennell can play though. * I'm torn on this one. Tough call. Will depend on how confident the coaches are of being able to keep him on track. Williams special project??

If it goes bad though, impact will be felt severely by the club. Will have cost us a first round pick...opportunity loss will be very high. Not to mention effect it will have on the other players and who he potentially brings down with him.

He did a few lines years ago.... Whether he had habit or it was a one off thing, I don't know. People were up in arms as if he'd murdered someone. I'd bet my left nut dozens of footballers do lines/pills whatever. The kid was just dumb enough to get caught. He got pissed on the weekend and had a minor incident, he wasn't out drink driving, putting innocent lives at risk like Luke 'Head Bandage' Hodge.

IMO Gold Coast were happy when he got done the other day, they were waiting for any excuse to * him off. There may be more issues with him we don't know about, I don't know, but I trust the club, if they were to interview him and check him out to either say yes, we'll give you a chance or to give him a wide berth. I think this kid's an absolute beast of a footballer and I'd love him here.

He did a few lines years ago.... Whether he had habit or it was a one off thing, I don't know. People were up in arms as if he'd murdered someone. I'd bet my left nut dozens of footballers do lines/pills whatever. The kid was just dumb enough to get caught. He got pissed on the weekend and had a minor incident, he wasn't out drink driving, putting innocent lives at risk like Luke 'Head Bandage' Hodge.

IMO Gold Coast were happy when he got done the other day, they were waiting for any excuse to **** him off. There may be more issues with him we don't know about, I don't know, but I trust the club, if they were to interview him and check him out to either say yes, we'll give you a chance or to give him a wide berth. I think this kid's an absolute beast of a footballer and I'd love him here.
Hhmm, haven't I seen this posted somewhere before? ;)

I think our culture has really improved the last few years - probably to the point where I'd back the club IF they took a punt on him and thought they could straighten him out. With some great mentors like Cotch, Lids, Choco, Maric and Dimma (who seems universally loved by the players) I think we might have the people in place to control him. Not only that but wasn't there talk of 'factions' in the GC squad? From what I've seen, our boys seem very united and happy to play with each other (as they seemingly love going away together for away games interstate).

Massive risk, if he was cheap (in terms of what we would need to offer to get him) then I'm for it but I think given the choice, I'd go for Treloar who is the safer option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back