Resource www.footyjumpers.com

Remove this Banner Ad

That's about as good as I can get it based on the image.
WA-1995.gif
Its a lot better. here is a close up

Mero, this may have been asked before, and if so I'm sorry, but is there any reason you haven't done Richmond's alternate logo (white/transparent background and swapped striping)? I know you only put up official logos, but wouldn't this qualify as well as the current one you have done with the black background?

Mero, this may have been asked before, and if so I'm sorry, but is there any reason you haven't done Richmond's alternate logo (white/transparent background and swapped striping)? I know you only put up official logos, but wouldn't this qualify as well as the current one you have done with the black background?
I see the current logo as the official logo. The AFL, in their wisdom seem to allow various forms of it, but it's impossible to keep up with the secondary versions.
For instance the full view of the Tiger. Should that be there somewhere?
So I just cut it off at one version of each logo, and use the official one, as much as I can tell which one is official.

2012-Full-Tiger2_zps4278e360.gif

I see the current logo as the official logo. The AFL, in their wisdom seem to allow various forms of it, but it's impossible to keep up with the secondary versions.
For instance the full view of the Tiger. Should that be there somewhere?
So I just cut it off at one version of each logo, and use the official one, as much as I can tell which one is official.

Have you ever considered an additional page for each team which shows all their "alternate" logos throughout the years (i.e. any pre-VFL shield logos that appeared on letterheads, etc.)? From my point of view this would add to the history of each club, as presented on your site.

Have you ever considered an additional page for each team which shows all their "alternate" logos throughout the years (i.e. any pre-VFL shield logos that appeared on letterheads, etc.)? From my point of view this would add to the history of each club, as presented on your site.
As always with these great ideas, it comes down to the time it would take to track them all down and verify them.

While a good idea, it would be virtually always incomplete.
There's no line to say what makes it in and what doesn't.
For instance, recently there was a very nice North monogram going around from the 1930s.
It was from a membership, I believe.
It is official?
How do I research whether it was or not?
Or was it something slapped on a card by whoever made them?
And that's one logo from one club in one year.

While a good idea, it would be virtually always incomplete.
There's no line to say what makes it in and what doesn't.
For instance, recently there was a very nice North monogram going around from the 1930s.
It was from a membership, I believe.
It is official?
How do I research whether it was or not?
Or was it something slapped on a card by whoever made them?
And that's one logo from one club in one year.

It's a shame things aren't as clear cut as we'd like. That, and the fact there are never enough hours in the day to do all that we'd like to do. I imagine keeping the jumpers up-to-date takes up most of your time and effort as it is anyway.

I may have said it before, and I certainly hope I'll say it again in the future, but thank you Mero for all that you've done thus far. I definitely appreciate being able to browse through your images and imagine what things may have been like before my time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back