You Were Robbed!

Remove this Banner Ad

ImperialPurple said:
Oh FFS. The errors we made were in the game - this one was after the 80 minutes had been completed and the siren sounded. What's hard to understand about that?

It's still 'in the game' until the umpire raises his hands and blows the whistle.
The rules are clear. It's a draw.

ImperialPurple said:
Which they never did. So they should still be playing... yes????

absolutely. The umpires end the game , not the siren. The siren only signifies time has ended.

Well they better turn the planes around and get them back out there. The whole situation is farcical. Freo won the game. Regardless of how far in front we were in the 3rd quarter, we were in front when the game was finished. As soon as one of the umpires acknowledges hearing the siren (as Hayden Kennedy apparently did), then the game is over. Why didn't this happen?

ImperialPurple said:
Well they better turn the planes around and get them back out there. The whole situation is farcical. Freo won the game. Regardless of how far in front we were in the 3rd quarter, we were in front when the game was finished. As soon as one of the umpires acknowledges hearing the siren (as Hayden Kennedy apparently did), then the game is over. Why didn't this happen?

Good question, I'll have a stab (.......and it is only a stab).

Firstly you take the competition to grounds without them having to meet any documented standard.

You expand the number of field umpires so that there is more than one, without rewriting the rules to make it clear which umpire has to hear the siren.

Timekeeper then blows the siren, which is heard and acknowledged by 'an umpire' but not the one controlling the game.

Timekeeper sees/notes the acknowledgement from the umpire and so doesn't sound the siren again.

Umpires are unsure what to do as rules are unclear.

This is only a stab, but I reckon this is a fair guess at what took place.

You are correct it is farcical. I would also add that for a multi-million$ business it is very, very amaturish (no offence intended to amatuer leagues around Australia who are probably far better run and managed).

It is a systemic failure brought about by inadequate systems - once all the holes in the cheese line up then it shows failure at a number of levels. Programming, facilities, rules, officials and management. Freo appear to be the unlucky ones but it was always going to happen to someone if the systems are poor. Of course some teams never, ever have to travel to such places to play, so it was never going to happen to them of course, but that's another question.

My bet is that the big outcome of this will be a new siren - a totally inadequate response.

Freo - God Luv Ya!

As an old Royboy who was treated with significant dignity from Freo back in 1996 I certainly have a soft spot for you guys and am sick & tired of the favouritism given to St Kilda over the past 5 years.

Yesterday was a farce and the way St Kilda are behaving now, bordering on petulant to a Carlton level, is showing signs of what they would do to win a game or gain a holy 2 premiership points. Fremantle is acting with dignity and if this ends up in the courts, there would surely be many non-St Kilda supporting Victorians who would support you 100%.

We hope you fight this stuff-up to the last man and stand for the rights of a side who has deserved their win.

Good luck with your endeavours and know that most of Melbourne are behind you.

Kudos to Sportsbet who supported the proper result and paid out a Freo win!

your team has upset me on a number of occasions beating us by narrow margins at many times when we needed a win... but oyu certainly didnt deserve what you got yesterday

that is :D:D:D:Ding ridiculous. if it comes down to a matter of making the 8 on points and you need the extra 2, i think the afl should really consider it...

poor freo... dont like the team at all but man... that was unfair

Tim the Toolman said:
Freo - God Luv Ya!

As an old Royboy who was treated with significant dignity from Freo back in 1996 I certainly have a soft spot for you guys and am sick & tired of the favouritism given to St Kilda over the past 5 years.

Yesterday was a farce and the way St Kilda are behaving now, bordering on petulant to a Carlton level, is showing signs of what they would do to win a game or gain a holy 2 premiership points. Fremantle is acting with dignity and if this ends up in the courts, there would surely be many non-St Kilda supporting Victorians who would support you 100%.

We hope you fight this stuff-up to the last man and stand for the rights of a side who has deserved their win.

Classy. Cheers Tim the Toolman. :thumbsu:

And again if you've missed it on any of the other threads...

http://www.gopetition.com/online/8480.html

If you disagree with the result of a draw standing, then sign the petition. Let's make some noise so that the AFL knows they can't get away with crap like that without the supporters - the people who drive the game - letting them know all about it!

It may or may not have any bearing on the result, but the AFL must know that they can not continue to screw the game and hoodwink the supporters without us getting in their faces about it...

Bloody boring game, hate the game plan, but you guys not given the win was an absolute disgrace. Heads must roll! The AFL need to tidy this up quickly. Do you think an accurate visible game clock, say like basketball would be good now???? the players know how much time is left anyway :thumbsdown:

Don't know who this imposter is above me here (fatboy's wombats), but I just heard CC interviewed on channel 9 claiming the umpires should have something wired up to their testicles so they know when the game is over! Sounds like a fantastic idea as long as they don't, well you know! It could get messy!

MSR273 said:
The game is not over until the umpire signals it is, so all errors happened within the game. Secondly, the siren is supposed to continue sounding until the umpires hear it, so it you want to blame anyone, blame the guy who sounds the siren.

Random events are always going to happen which are outside the control of your team, but the far more serious errors which truely cost Freo the game were made by Freo, so if you want to get angry...

I wander if this would be so black and white to you if it happened to your mob? Sorry but Fremantle were robbed blind and I don't care what anyone says. Whilst on the subject, the arrogance of Grant Thomas tonight on Foxtel was infuriating. That man has one of those faces you just want to smack. No one in their right mind expects him to hand over the points but to come across as "pompous" as he did does not reflect well on our game and shows what an Ugly Australian he is. I think he has lost all respect from the good majority of football followers.
Good Luck with your appeal Docker Fans. Lets hope justice is done.

Tim the Toolman said:
Freo - God Luv Ya!

Yeah i feel the same way for freo. They have never bothered me at all and i have always felt they are like a distant cousin of the swans. I like em and now are my second fav team when the swans are not playing.

I just feel sorry for all the crap you cop, us swans have to cop the same crap from melbourne based idiots.

Good luck freo - heave ho all the way!

:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back