Teams Your 2014 SC team Version 1.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is 12 players in round 8, 11 in round 9 and 7 in round 10 too uneven. Tossing up whether to use K Jack or R Griffen in the mids

Looks much better to me mate. Danger and Wingard are big improvements.

Cheers mate.

Yeah have to ageee re: forward line looking better with Dangerfield and Wingard in there. :thumbsu:

Who do you thinks the better pick out of Bartel and McVeigh?

I had Bartel this year and noticed that in quite a few games he seemed to start slow but came home like a rocket in the last quarter. o_O

I think McVeigh personally, I am a bit sceptical of Bartel this year.

Jimmy will be SC relevant this year IMHO. 98-105 average for mine, even at his ripe old age. I really hope the majority of SC players are put off by his age.

Jimmy will be SC relevant this year IMHO. 98-105 average for mine, even at his ripe old age. I really hope the majority of SC players are put off by his age.

Hah! I just cant decide between the 2 now.

Both great players and I wnat to have both in my team by SC finals.

Bringing in Mitchell was easy for me once I got rid of Suckling (bye structure)

Maybe I should go Bartel over McVeigh since I already have Laidlwer in my backline? o_O

This is my first go:

DEF: A. Walker, McVeigh, Suckling, K. Kolodjashnij, McDonald, Laidler - L. Thompson, Fuller

MID: Ablett, J. Selwood, Rockliff, D. Beams, D. Thomas, J. Martin, Aish, Sheed - O'Rourke, D. Garlett

RUCK: Natanui, Sandiland - Lobb, Nankervis

FWD: Dangerfield, D. Martin, Wingard, K. Tippett, R. Gray, Fasolo - L. Taylor, Honeychurch

$48,600 left.

At the moment I am trying to improve on my defenders.

Hah! I just cant decide between the 2 now.

Both great players and I wnat to have both in my team by SC finals.

Bringing in Mitchell was easy for me once I got rid of Suckling (bye structure)

Maybe I should go Bartel over McVeigh since I already have Laidlwer in my backline? o_O

Laidler, unfortunately cannot run or jump any more. Swans will realise this before Rd1. Will be depth cover for them at best. But by all means pick him in your Rd1 team if named, I could really use the $$$ :thumbsu:

First two draft squads I've come up with.

Option 1
$ 9,946,300
Def: J. Bartel, S. Mitchell, P. Hanley, D. Swallow, K. Kolodjashnij, M. Scharenberg (L. McDonald, M. Fuller)

Mid: G. Ablett, S. Pendlebury, R. Griffen, N. Fyfe, D. Beams, J. Kelly, J. Martin, J. O'Rourke ( D. Sheed, T. Langdon

Ruck: B. Grundy, B. Longer // T. Derickx, T. Nankervis

Fwd: P. Dangerfield, C. Wingard, T. Menzel, T. Boyd, J. Hogan, J. Billings (D. Garlett, L. Taylor

Option 2
$9,932,300
Def: A. Walker, J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, M. Suckling, L. McDonald, M. Fuller (K. Kolodjashnij, Z. Jones)

Mid: G. Ablett, S. Pendlebury, R. Griffen, D. Hannebery, D. Beams, S. Kerridge, B. Jack, D. Tyson (J. O'Rourke, T. Langdon)

Ruck: B. Grundy, B.Longer (T. Derickx, T. Nankervis)

Fwd: P. Dangerfield, C. Wingard, L. Dahlhaus, T. Menzel, J. Hogan, D. Garlett (S. Lloyd, L. Taylor)

Thoughts?

First two draft squads I've come up with.

Option 1
$ 9,946,300
Def: J. Bartel, S. Mitchell, P. Hanley, D. Swallow, K. Kolodjashnij, M. Scharenberg (L. McDonald, M. Fuller)

Mid: G. Ablett, S. Pendlebury, R. Griffen, N. Fyfe, D. Beams, J. Kelly, J. Martin, J. O'Rourke ( D. Sheed, T. Langdon

Ruck: B. Grundy, B. Longer // T. Derickx, T. Nankervis

Fwd: P. Dangerfield, C. Wingard, T. Menzel, T. Boyd, J. Hogan, J. Billings (D. Garlett, L. Taylor

Option 2
$9,932,300
Def: A. Walker, J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, M. Suckling, L. McDonald, M. Fuller (K. Kolodjashnij, Z. Jones)

Mid: G. Ablett, S. Pendlebury, R. Griffen, D. Hannebery, D. Beams, S. Kerridge, B. Jack, D. Tyson (J. O'Rourke, T. Langdon)

Ruck: B. Grundy, B.Longer (T. Derickx, T. Nankervis)

Fwd: P. Dangerfield, C. Wingard, L. Dahlhaus, T. Menzel, J. Hogan, D. Garlett (S. Lloyd, L. Taylor)

Thoughts?

Rucks are really weak in both teams.

Rucks are really weak in both teams.

I figure that if I start with those combinations that they will be cash cows considering at least 3 of the players will be first rucks for their respective clubs and then after their price rises I will trade for a premium

I figure that if I start with those combinations that they will be cash cows considering at least 3 of the players will be first rucks for their respective clubs and then after their price rises I will trade for a premium

Who is the 3rd leading ruck - Derickx or Nankervis?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let me play devils advocate for a moment. Say for argument sake Grundy & Longer are averaging 70 each for the first 3 rounds, whilst say Minson & Goldy are averaging 110+ each over the same period. That's 240 points you've missed out on in only 3 rounds from just 2 starters. Do you really think you can make up those lost points when you upgrade them to the best rucks since the better teams will already have them?

Let me play devils advocate for a moment. Say for argument sake Grundy & Longer are averaging 70 each for the first 3 rounds, whilst say Minson & Goldy are averaging 110+ each over the same period. That's 240 points you've missed out on in only 3 rounds from just 2 starters. Do you really think you can make up those lost points when you upgrade them to the best rucks since the better teams will already have them?

Didn't think about it from that perspective mate! Cheers for the advice!

Who is the 3rd leading ruck - Derickx or Nankervis?

Either of them considering Pyke is the only other ruck option from Sydney - who IMO is suited to second ruck better. At the moment id say Derickx though.

As for Longer, even if Hickey were to take the first ruck spot, Longer would likely be in the second ruck position, right?

Either of them considering Pyke is the only other ruck option from Sydney - who IMO is suited to second ruck better. At the moment id say Derickx though.

As for Longer, even if Hickey were to take the first ruck spot, Longer would likely be in the second ruck position, right?

But generally, 2nd rucks aren't good SC scoring options, unless its Cox & Natinui, because they can have impact up fwd,

Gingy is right, you need a least one premo Ruck to begin with, even one that's been injured for the discounted $$ would be better,

Heres another take on my team.

Swapped Bartel to McVeigh although could still put Bartel back in.

Brought Dangerfield and Wingard into the forwards and dropped Tippet and Gray.

As a result though of all this I had to downgrade Chapman down to M.Clark so my F5 is weaker than before but to balance it out have Dangerfield back in my forward line.

Whats everyone think? o_O

Looks so much better than before, Chapman out is quite telling. Bartel and Mcveigh have identical score power IMO so doesnt really matter which one of them you have. Danger is a must and I think Wingard has to much upside to not put in

My latest

Def: Bartel, Mitchell, Grimes, Swallow, Suckling, Kolodjashnij (Mcdonald, Tippett)

Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Rockliff, Beams, Thomas, J.Martin, Polec, O'Rourke (M.Crouch, Taylor)

Ruck: Naitanui, Grundy (Currie, Lobb)

Fwd: Dangerfield, Martin, Wingard, Higgins, Bock, Garlett (Kennedy-Harris, Impey)

Yes I know I have Higgins, and you may well say that I am slightly insane, but surely, SURELY, his horrific injury run has got to end at some stage (he hasn't burnt me, I had him the one year that he didn't destroy his body) and he scores very well when he actually plays such as 2007-2008 (or whenever it was that he actually had a good year)

I also know that I have a plethora of mid pricers and this will probably change for the start of the season but for now its nice to just try some stuff out

This is my first go:

DEF: A. Walker, McVeigh, Suckling, K. Kolodjashnij, McDonald, Laidler - L. Thompson, Fuller

MID: Ablett, J. Selwood, Rockliff, D. Beams, D. Thomas, J. Martin, Aish, Sheed - O'Rourke, D. Garlett

RUCK: Natanui, Sandiland - Lobb, Nankervis

FWD: Dangerfield, D. Martin, Wingard, K. Tippett, R. Gray, Fasolo - L. Taylor, Honeychurch

$48,600 left.

At the moment I am trying to improve on my defenders.

I started off similar to that I've beefed up my backline at the expense of the mids. Not confident on Walker at that high price.

2014 SC.PNG

Anyone for Robert Murphy? The bias in me wants me to pick him :p

Heres another take on my team.

Swapped Bartel to McVeigh although could still put Bartel back in.

Brought Dangerfield and Wingard into the forwards and dropped Tippet and Gray.

As a result though of all this I had to downgrade Chapman down to M.Clark so my F5 is weaker than before but to balance it out have Dangerfield back in my forward line.

Whats everyone think? o_O

Waters to Suckling
Bock to Rohan
Clark to Gray

not necessarily - for them to go up in price they'll need to average 80 - 90, just cannot see it from either of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back