Your gaming lifespan

Remove this Banner Ad

Was born September 1997. My first memories of gaming would have to be playing games like Super Mario, Tony Hawk, Goldeneye and a bunch of other games on a good friend's N64. Christmas 2001 we both got PS2s and I am pretty sure mine is still working. Gone through many, many games on my PS2 though. The ones I played more include the Tony Hawk series, Harry Potter games, WWE series, NFS series, Spy Vs Spy, GTA, Simpsons and many, many others. While I had a PS2 I would also use friends' XBoxes, Gamecubes, 360s and N64s. For Christmas 2007 I received a Wii which would be sold later on with the money put towards a PS3. On my PS3 I have continued on with the NFS, WWE and GTA series and have started on several other games. I've spent a fair bit of time on LBP2, fantastic game IMO, would love to play another one. I bought Just Cause 2 which I eventually also bought for PC. I began on the Assassin's Creed, NBA 2K and the COD series on PS3. I very recently ordered The Last of Us which should be here any day now and I can see GTA V being my final purchase for my PS3. On PC I don't have many games, but I probably play them more. The small collection includes Minecraft, Just Cause 2, Scribblenauts Unlimited and Terraria.

Thought it would be interesting to see how long people had been playing games for.

Past 3-4 months, I have really got over games. I have been playing them since I was 4 and I'm 24 this week. I find they no longer really grab my attention and I just don't get excited about new games that are coming out.

I might buy GTA V when it comes out and maybe the new PES/FIFA for when I'm with mates, but apart from that, I'm pretty much over it.

Only really turn on the PS3 to watch TV shows and all that now.

So, how long have you guys been playing for, or did you play for and do you see yourselves getting over it anytime soon?
This is back from 2012.

I play FM a bit, and the PS4 generally only comes on when mates are over or I get a new game. Use it more for Netflix now.

Started at 7 years of age playing space invaders at BP service station near our school .....we drilled a hole into 20c coin and tied string to it ......we could drop coin in and get credits and pull it out again ....this worked for two years ......lol

I'm 47 now and still live gaming ....not addicted though but live the headspace gaming provides ....immersion and helps manage stress from a stressful job

In the last year and bit my gaming has declined due to just being too busy combined with being tired of the repetiveness of the mmo's. Most of the time I can't get motivated enough to play them.

Started when I was 5ish on the good old SNES. Loved it then and still love the concepts behind Super Mario and Donkey Kong etc. they are just good old fun games. Have always had the latest system to hit up whenever I felt like it but have never really gone to the next level with my games as some on here have until I started to play COD BO 1 and 2 which for a moment there I generally believe I could have gone professional If I was dedicated enough such was my talent for FPS games. Life got in the way of my gaming and I started to improve my education through various means and as soon as I started University I have pretty much dropped most gaming from my life for the past 4 or so years. I might whip out BF4 for a few games mostly these days but I'm nowhere near as good as I used to be with FPS and usually get frustrated with myself and quit after an hour session or so. Have moved on from FPS and onto strategy games mostly but I'm really into casual games that are easy to learn and fun to play for short periods.

Atari 2600 in 1985, I was 8.

Upgraded (lol) to a C64 with a tape drive in about 89, which did me until about 93, then it was the first sega....master system.

Mega drive came a year later and I got the saturn at launch with Daytona and a wheel for about 1100 bucks in 1995 dollars!

Went to the dark side with a PS1 in 98ish...that got chipped soon after, ps2 in 2001. Then switched to xbox for Halo 2.

360 was nabbed in 07, only got my one late last year. And here we are, 31 years later.

Had some ebbs and flows, but always been in the game

Got my first console, a SNES when I was 6. Got my PS2 when I was 9. Got my PS3 when I was 15. Got my PS4 last year, Xbox ONE this year. I barely played for a while between 2012-2014. After that though I've become quite the gaming enthusiast, and spend most of my down time gaming these days.

Things have definitely changed since I made this thread.

Went through a bit of a resurgence once I got the PS4. Played a lot obviously once I got it in 2014. Been steady since then. Juggled that through a relationship and am now married. I play a bit still but not every day for hours.

After being in a relationship, things obviously changed. Had less spare time etc, but I still really enjoy playing. I reckon I'd feel a little hollow if I didn't have a console.

I reckon I'd feel a little hollow if I didn't have a console.

Gaming is a hobby we all enjoy. The perception of it is generally portrayed as a negative when in reality there are a lot of positive factors especially for the main demographic of males 20-30. I've made through gaming some really good IRL friends and instead of going to the pub and drinking piss with friends we play games and talk s**t about each others teams.

I'd be lost without gaming of some variety and it's therapeutic for me.

.I can remember playing the original Pong game on a TV, Playing Space Invaders at the 1978 Electronics show in Perth and my first console was an Intellivision a year later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last console I bought other than a mini retro one was a Wii U. Didn't enjoy it as much as the Wii.

34 now, not sure if I will ever buy another console. I might, but the existing ones are a few years old and nothing is really drawing me towards them. Can get an XBOX One for about $300 but I just don't think I would use it enough.

Gaming is a hobby we all enjoy. The perception of it is generally portrayed as a negative when in reality there are a lot of positive factors especially for the main demographic of males 20-30. I've made through gaming some really good IRL friends and instead of going to the pub and drinking piss with friends we play games and talk **** about each others teams.

Yeah I can chuck a game and completely zone out of the bullshit in the outside world. Any issues at work etc completely become non-existent when the game is on. It's great.

Gaming is a hobby we all enjoy. The perception of it is generally portrayed as a negative when in reality there are a lot of positive factors especially for the main demographic of males 20-30. I've made through gaming some really good IRL friends and instead of going to the pub and drinking piss with friends we play games and talk **** about each others teams.

Growing up my mum had no issues with me sitting at home and playing games because she knew it meant I wasn't out getting into trouble.

I’m 35 and have gamed since I can remember, beginning with my uncle’s Atari in 1986.

There are periods where I won’t play at all and then other patches where I’ll play heaps over a few months. I have a pretty demanding full time job and other hobbies, so gaming is probably just 1 of 10 odd important things in life including work, family, wife, house, dog, friends, reading, tv, food, travel, garden etc.

I do consider myself exceptionally good at gaming but I never wanted to hang out in hardcore gaming circles for some reason.

I’m 35 and have gamed since I can remember, beginning with my uncle’s Atari in 1986.

There are periods where I won’t play at all and then other patches where I’ll play heaps over a few months. I have a pretty demanding full time job and other hobbies, so gaming is probably just 1 of 10 odd important things in life including work, family, wife, house, dog, friends, reading, tv, food, travel, garden etc.

I do consider myself exceptionally good at gaming but I never wanted to hang out in hardcore gaming circles for some reason.
Humble also

Yeah neither. I'm good but not great at games, I'd be outcast very quick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back