Travel Your pros/cons of where you live?

Remove this Banner Ad

20km out is still 20km out even if people now live 50km out. Commuting is worse because urban sprawl just adds more layers of traffic to existing roads. When you were in an outer suburb 20km out you were the first onto the Freeway etc. and traffic was manageable. Now by the time you get on there is already 30km of traffic on the road.

I'd rather live slightly further out and well connected to the city by PT than closer as the crow flies but practically further away.

Sleeping on my brother's couch:

Pro: No rent
Con: It's not very comfortable
Pro: Good location
Con: Stupid cat that meows every 5 seconds during the night because it's happy, unhappy, in the wrong room, in the right room etc

The cons for where I live are due to the travel needed to get into the city.

During the house search, I wanted to buy closeish to inner Melbs, so I was pushing for St Kilda/Richmond etc but finding something decent for the price was hard.

Would love to stroll to trams/trains and the G, but this will be unlikely.

Sleeping on my brother's couch:

Pro: No rent
Con: It's not very comfortable
Pro: Good location
Con: Stupid cat that meows every 5 seconds during the night because it's happy, unhappy, in the wrong room, in the right room etc
It's a cat. They're campaigners.

20km out is still 20km out even if people now live 50km out. Commuting is worse because urban sprawl just adds more layers of traffic to existing roads. When you were in an outer suburb 20km out you were the first onto the Freeway etc. and traffic was manageable. Now by the time you get on there is already 30km of traffic on the road.

I'd rather live slightly further out and well connected to the city by PT than closer as the crow flies but practically further away.

Shits me living in Melbourne and coming from Tassie. In Tassie, 20km is round about 20 minutes. 30km? 30 minutes.

In Melbourne though, 19km on the train takes me 40 ******* minutes. Driving is probably worse here, too.

Good neighbours, close to main roads, sufficient public transport, surprisingly low crime rate, and sometimes we even get Kookaburras in the local area (rare in the Perth metro area).

Only con is the amount of white trash. Fair few junkies around the shopping centre & Spencer Village
I'm close to you, in the Gosnells area, agree with the above. Like the leafiness of the area, close to the hills for weekend hikes as well as being close to a train line.

Also dislike the amount of junkies about but thats expected of the southern suburbs. I live on a fairly nice street with good neighbours though and have never had any shady characters around my street so hoping that will stay like that.

Shits me living in Melbourne and coming from Tassie. In Tassie, 20km is round about 20 minutes. 30km? 30 minutes.

In Melbourne though, 19km on the train takes me 40 ******* minutes. Driving is probably worse here, too.

The traffic down here is breezy.
Finish work around 10-11pm on a weeknight.
Often will have the entire highway to myself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back