Your top 5 weapons ever

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
5- The Ripper (Dead Space 2): Im not afraid to say that metallic grind coupled with the shrieks of the necromorphs is good.

4- Flail Gun (Bulletstorm): 2 grenades wrapped around a chain that you can time to explode. Gratuitously violent, but decapitating some alien with a timed explosion that also happens to kill the rest of his squad is also gratuitously awesome.

3- Fat Boy (Fallout 3/NV): It has a mushroom cloud. Nuff said.

2- Javellin Gun (Dead Space 2): Sending those necromorphs 30 feet across the room and watching their limp corpse hang off the gun before waiting for their brethren to meander buy before hitting the secondary electrocution fire is not dissapoint.

1- Gravity Gun (Half Life 2): Go back and play it. The physics of the gun have not been replicated in any game. STill the best weapon Ive played with.

Last edited:
The Farsight (Perfect Dark)

Most overpowered gun. This was back when local multiplayer was the king and you could customise the game with as many weapons as you want. Needless to say if you wanted a cheapness free game don't choose the far sight as a weapon.

[youtube]WyPuBH9JY8A[/youtube]

The laptop gun was also awesome. Perfect Dark had some awesome guns.

Of course alongside the gravity gun the Portal gun is awesome too.

For whatever reason I love using revolver pistols on every game.

Then there are other weapons, not guns, such as the master sword (Zelda series) which just have great story lines surrounding them.

The Farsight (Perfect Dark)

Most overpowered gun. This was back when local multiplayer was the king and you could customise the game with as many weapons as you want. Needless to say if you wanted a cheapness free game don't choose the far sight as a weapon.

[youtube]WyPuBH9JY8A[/youtube]

Awesome gun. The Farsight was my first (and only) thought too, before opening this thread. Were stoked to see it in post #2 :thumbsu:
I remember many a multiplayer game where the race was on to be first to the Farsight, or also, the 1000's of bots who lost their lives to a Farsight. :)

Also a fan of the Sci-Fi Handgun in the Timesplitters series, shooting around corners with the ricochet bullets and one hit kill mode on, while playing offline multiplayer, was pretty fun, although often ended with the attacker being the one to die.

Quite liked the Fat Boy too.

Although a run of the mill weapon, it doesn't get much more fun than using the rocket launcher in any GTA game too.

Ratchet___Clank__Tools_of_Destruction__cheats_-530x305.jpg

MR ZURKON!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs much more Turok.

Going back a bit and the series definately fell away quality wise (apart from the latest one which I enjoy) but the first one had:

Chronoscepter: Just literally launched a nuclear strike, for the N64 days it was awesome.

Second one:
Cerebral Bore: Fired a nail or bullet that "bore" its way into the unlucky victims skull, again N64 stuff but was damn cool.

Perfect Dark:

Was the far sight the one with the "see through walls" sight? If so then hell yes

The details are a bit sketchy, but I remember a game from the 90's, first person shooter that was based on PC. Yeah, I know that narrows it right down. When you ran out of ammunition you were left to fight with your fists and I remember there being a spiked ring on the right hand. I used to always try and finish the game with only the spike. My favourite weapon on all time.

I remember the feature weapon, like Quake & Doom's BFG, being the 'Hand of God' Another favourite of mine. Just can't remember the name of the game.

More modern gaming weapons I like are the Sonar Goggles from Splinter Cell and Lincoln's Repeater in Fallout 3.

- Angry Kitty (No One Lives Forever 2): This is a land mine that looks like a cat, it attracts nearby people by meowing and violently blow itself up

[YOUTUBE]s1EW2veKyAI[/YOUTUBE]

- Hidden Blade (Assassin's Creed series): These bad-boys are as deadly as they are concealable

- Mini-gun (Various: notably Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Just Cause 2): walking slowly and holding down fire with the mini-gun in Just Cause 2 is a joy to witness

- Flare-gun (Far Cry 2): Seriously bad-ass weapon if used correctly. If the wind is behind you and there's an outpost up-ahead with some dry trees/plants fire off a few rounds and witness everything burn down and the enemies flee or burn

[YOUTUBE]ax_MCN6aHME[/YOUTUBE]

- Not sure what to top off my top 5 weapons list, would have to be one of: STG44, Silenced Luger, CT-180 utility launcher *drools* (another NOLF2 favourite - can be equiped with tracking darts, tranquilizer darts, electric shock darts, camera-disabler darts, glue-darts and super-soldier darts)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back