Your top 5 weapons ever

Remove this Banner Ad

The details are a bit sketchy, but I remember a game from the 90's, first person shooter that was based on PC. Yeah, I know that narrows it right down. When you ran out of ammunition you were left to fight with your fists and I remember there being a spiked ring on the right hand. I used to always try and finish the game with only the spike. My favourite weapon on all time.

I remember the feature weapon, like Quake & Doom's BFG, being the 'Hand of God' Another favourite of mine. Just can't remember the name of the game.

More modern gaming weapons I like are the Sonar Goggles from Splinter Cell and Lincoln's Repeater in Fallout 3.
The guy from Doom wore a spiked fist and the 'Hand of God' was from Rise of the Triad (home of other classic weapons like the Dog Transformation and the Flamewall.) Rise of the Triad had unlimited pistol ammunition.

Oh, and Lilarcor the Talking Sword from Baldur's Gate II, and everthing from Ratchet and Clank.

1) Quake - Rocket launcher + quad damage :thumbsu:
2) Blood - Dynamite
3) Quake 3 - Gauntlet
4) Unreal - Bio rifle
5) Doom - Shotgun (not sure why, just had a great feel to it, especially when going from the hand gun).

TF2-Sniper-Update-Day-7-The-Jarate-and-Achievements-2.jpg

Huntsman + Jarate + Bushwacka = good times.

The guy from Doom wore a spiked fist and the 'Hand of God' was from Rise of the Triad (home of other classic weapons like the Dog Transformation and the Flamewall.) Rise of the Triad had unlimited pistol ammunition.

Oh, and Lilarcor the Talking Sword from Baldur's Gate II, and everthing from Ratchet and Clank.

Rise of the triad! Just awesome, nostalgia'd hard. Thanks alot.

Needs more Worms.

Concrete Donkey.
Super Sheep.
Prod.
Old Lady.
And pretty sure there was a monkey with cymbals?

:thumbsu: Truly devastating.

Not my top 5 but just some that havent been mentioned...

Jak 3 - Super Nova. Generic overpowered crazy gun of the Jak series.

Jak 3 - Mass Inverter. Didn't do any damage, but still great fun.

Borderlands - With every gun having randomly generated scope, accuracy, power and effects some pretty awesome weapons can turn up.

Was going to say Celestial Fury the +3 Katana... give that to a kensage and it's pretty much game over all the way through TOB.

Also I loved the MP5 from Half-Life one, and the pulse rifle from HL2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anything that lets you plant charges and blow them.

Satchel charges from Saints Row 2 is pretty cool. Toss out 10 of them and spam the trigger... KABOOM

Probably not my favorite to be honest, but it's very cool. I don't know if I have a favorite, there are a lot of cool weapons around.

Needs much more Turok.

Going back a bit and the series definately fell away quality wise (apart from the latest one which I enjoy) but the first one had:

Chronoscepter: Just literally launched a nuclear strike, for the N64 days it was awesome.

Second one:
Cerebral Bore: Fired a nail or bullet that "bore" its way into the unlucky victims skull, again N64 stuff but was damn cool.

Perfect Dark:

Was the far sight the one with the "see through walls" sight? If so then hell yes

My favorite from Turok :D

Nothing flashy, no big bangs or giant explosions, just a simple brain blender.

03-CerebralBore-540x273.jpg

Return to Castle Wolfenstein - Flamethrower

That little squirt with a big blast, the first really good looking flamethrower graphic.

Quake 2 Railgun - The 1 hit gun without scope. For those with good aim and lightning reflexes.

Quake 3 Rocket Launcher - Spawned it's own mod Rocket Arena which was great fun.

Counterstrike - AK47. The most damaging rifle. Still my weapon of choice today :)

HL1 - Gauss Gun. Who can forget that charge up shot? Fun gun to use.

GTA Vice City - Minigun - Great for carving up those cop cars and helicopters :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back