Zimbabwe tour of Pakistan

Remove this Banner Ad

Bring back Imran Farhat. Always good for an easy on the eye thirty before snicking up

Yeah he was definitely one I was thinking of. Certainly looked very competent at test level, but never pushed on to reach great heights. Taufeeq Umar is another one - had a few incarnations on a three to four year cycle. I remember he made a double ton against the Sri Lankan's in the UAE, game was an utter runfest IIRC, but still a test double ton isn't something many guys achieve regardless of the state of the pitch.

Reading the Zimbabwean Twitter account over the past couple of days puts a positive spin on everything. Both teams are clearly excited to be there and I am incredibly boy'ish about this being the first step to a return to Test cricket in Pakistan. A great opportunity for Zimbabwe to build on what they set in stone at the World Cup (Taylor aside) and the Pakistani players will be keen to make the most of it.

Yeah he was definitely one I was thinking of. Certainly looked very competent at test level, but never pushed on to reach great heights. Taufeeq Umar is another one - had a few incarnations on a three to four year cycle. I remember he made a double ton against the Sri Lankan's in the UAE, game was an utter runfest IIRC, but still a test double ton isn't something many guys achieve regardless of the state of the pitch.

Yeh, for some reason as a kid I took a liking to him and followed his career really closely. More downs than ups though

Just looked up Taufeeq, You're right He had a good productive run in the side about 3 years ago Averages 37.98 from 43 tests which is pretty good test career. Probably should have played more given Pakistan's dearth of opening batsman post Anwar/Sohail. You can never be too sure with Pakistani selection as you said.

Huge crowd. Pitch is a road

A lot of comeback players in this match. Charles Coventry and Graham Cremer appear to have come out of nowhere to play in this game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huge crowd. Pitch is a road

A lot of comeback players in this match. Charles Coventry and Graham Cremer appear to have come out of nowhere to play in this game.

Cremer recently returned to cricket after flirting with a golf career.

Masakadza has started well

Decent game to start, Zimbabwe did well to get themselves back into a fighting position in the final over. I thought the Zims might be a bit rusty considering it’s the team’s first T20 game in 14 months and add to that Mpofu, Cremer & Coventry had not played at a national level since 2013.

Nonetheless there were plenty of encouraging signs particularly in the batting and I thought Coventry was looking good before the umps cost him.

I think in the next game both teams will come out a lot sharper; Zimbabwe will hopefully lift to the standard required to mix it with the top 8, and Pakistan will want to make amends for a deplorable effort in the field and I think that last over scare may just wake them up a bit.

Disappointed we didn't get to see more of Coventry given the pre-game hype - "best form ever". Came in at an awkward time and had to change his game accordingly but couldn't fire.

Charles Coventry and Graham Cremer appear to have come out of nowhere to play in this game.

According to their CricInfo profiles, before the first game of the series, neither had played a FC, List A or T20 match since March 2013. They've literally come in on no top-level match practice, just grade cricket it seems. Amazing.

According to their CricInfo profiles, before the first game of the series, neither had played a FC, List A or T20 match since March 2013. They've literally come in on no top-level match practice, just grade cricket it seems. Amazing.

Cremer was playing golf.

Pakistan have recalled Sami and Malik for the series :rolleyes:

To be fair, Sami has been in pretty good form by the looks of it in domestic play, and has always been a good limited overs bowler. Malik has been doing alright in domestic competition too, it seems. You'd think they'd lean towards giving some younger guys a go, though.

Bring back Imran Farhat. Always good for an easy on the eye thirty before snicking up

I remember on the rare occasions that he'd bowl, commentators would always talk about how good his leg spinners looked, and how much potential he possessed as a bowler, despite never seeming to take any wickets or keeping the runs down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back