Test New Zealand Tour of Bangladesh (2 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a part of me that likes the fact that Bangladesh has evolved to the point where they are a competitive home side now (if nothing else it makes the mighty Windies’ sweep of them a few years ago look even better) but I still have my doubts in the long run as to what good it’s doing them. It set India and Sri Lanka back so long in being able to win on the quicker pitches with any sense of regularity. Pakistan seemed to twig a bit quicker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 full days of rain & they'll probably still get a result with how far the match is advanced & the pitch conditions.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

The forecast looks OK for the next few days so they shouldn't have any problem getting a result even if today ends up being a total washout.

There is a part of me that likes the fact that Bangladesh has evolved to the point where they are a competitive home side now (if nothing else it makes the mighty Windies’ sweep of them a few years ago look even better) but I still have my doubts in the long run as to what good it’s doing them. It set India and Sri Lanka back so long in being able to win on the quicker pitches with any sense of regularity. Pakistan seemed to twig a bit quicker

They had a test win in NZ last year, I think it was their first test win outside of the subcontinent so they are at least making some progress

The forecast looks OK for the next few days so they shouldn't have any problem getting a result even if today ends up being a total washout.

They had a test win in NZ last year, I think it was their first test win outside of the subcontinent so they are at least making some progress

Yeah I watched a lot of it and it was good to see and obviously showed a lot of progress, I am just a bit reserved about whether it will translate to much more in the medium term.

I guess you would rather see them develop even a ‘lions at home’ mentality than just an easybeats full stop identity anyway

Yeah I watched a lot of it and it was good to see and obviously showed a lot of progress, I am just a bit reserved about whether it will translate to much more in the medium term.

I guess you would rather see them develop even a ‘lions at home’ mentality than just an easybeats full stop identity anyway

Shanto looks to have the makings of a good young captain and he made a great ton in the first test of this series to lead from the front.

They need to move past Shakib who was a great player but wasn't a great captain and by all accounts he was a toxic and divisive figure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back