New Zealand v South Africa (2 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

Young is scoring at a snail's pace but with another day left tomorrow there is no need to hurry to get these runs.

With less than a hundred runs left to get in the last session we should be able to finish this match before the end of today though.
The way Young is batting suggests to me he might not be the best player of spin. Just seems to me he hasnt got his angles right and/or wrists dont accommodate for that.

In a low scoring chase, one shouldnt look to block in the end of one end too much when you have another batter scoring well.

Will Young might struggle in the 2 match test series against Nathan Lyon. No disrepect to Piedt and von Berg but Lyon is a better spinner then them and if you dont generally look to score, you let the good spinners dictate and put pressure on the batting side.

Will Young might struggle in the 2 match test series against Nathan Lyon. No disrepect to Piedt and von Berg but Lyon is a better spinner then them and if you dont generally look to score, you let the good spinners dictate and put pressure on the batting side.
Maybe but he may struggle to get a bowl - by the time the Aussies get there the pitches will be very green and seaming all over the place - best place to watch Test Cricket in the world and a tragedy we don’t play more tests against them

Maybe but he may struggle to get a bowl - by the time the Aussies get there the pitches will be very green and seaming all over the place - best place to watch Test Cricket in the world and a tragedy we don’t play more tests against them
Do sense someone with swing like Starc may cause a bit of havoc in NZ.

Will Young won't be playing in that test series if Mitchell is fit enough to return, he is only playing in this test because he is out injured.

Australia last the last test they played at the Gabba to a side they hadn’t lost a Test to in over 20 years
Yeah I think in some ways your team is like NZ, lots of guys in their 30's nearing the end. But your bowling attack is a lot better than ours. I'm expecting you to win comfortably unless our batting improves a lot.

It's a bit worrying. Badly need Conway and Mitchell to find form against straya.

Blundell too, he hasn't been in great form recently either, at his best he's like another top order batsman and gives our batting more depth.

Jamieson will give us more batting depth as well but there are doubts about him being available for the Aus test series with his back issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK Will Young, time to pick up the pace a little bit.

Williamson with his 32nd test hundred, he is up there with the all time greats of the game.

He now has the same amount of test hundreds as Steve Smith and has played 9 less tests.
Has scored 5 100s in the 4th innings where Smudge has never got one.

Though he was denied it at the Gabba a few weeks back running out of partners.

Australia last the last test they played at the Gabba to a side they hadn’t lost a Test to in over 20 years
Worth noting NZ haven't won a test at home against Australia since 1993...Although, it's only actually 10 matches (9-L / 1-D)...Maybe the drought will be broken on this upcoming tour.

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

It wasnt a pretty run chase in the 2nd innings by NZ, 269 off 94.2 overs. Even when there was under 50 to win, they didnt seem to want to take chances.

Deep down even with under 150 to chase down, you never really thought NZ would lose that game. I guess for Williamson and even Will Young, to get priceless batting time in test conditions is the perfect preparation for Australia. Chasing that or going aggressive at that to entertain was never the game plan today.

I feel like Williamsons at a stage in his career now where he can fully focus on ODI and Test cricket. Keeping him on the park would be the main issue. Think he has picked up a few niggly injuries over the past 12-18 months.

I was surprised to see him play in the T20 series against Pakistan recently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back