1st Test New Zealand v Australia Feb 29-Mar 4 0830hrs @ the Basin Reserve

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Test the next one for Australia, this would be this groups first away win apart from Pakistan if they can make it 2-0.. wouldn't surprise me if it ends up 1-1.

I wouldn’t call that strange.

Agree.

Boring and non competitive. Really want to see the opposite from NZ but this series looks like it’ll be a whitewash. If NZ want to be taken seriously they need to do the basics a lot better.
We have hardly had an all rounder for 50 years, now we have two who actually deserve their spot in the team. We have 6 genuine bowlers, haven't ever seen that in an Aussie team.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Another meek performance from the Kiwis when up against the Aussies.

Seems like Groundhog day for them. The more things change the more they stay the same.

Certainly some mental scars & baggage i reckon with some players.

1 win in past 32 tests across 31 years.

Another meek performance from the Kiwis when up against the Aussies.

Seems like Groundhog day for them. The more things change the more they stay the same.

Certainly some mental scars & baggage i reckon with some players.

1 win in past 32 tests across 31 years.
The only time they have ever beaten us in history was just after WSC and that mess, then in the mid 80's we lost a bunch of players to SA rebel tours.
Since around our WC win, they can't get near us.
And fair enough to, it's like playing South Australia's Sheffield Sheild team.

We have a strage setup in the team currently. Best off spinner in the world, three great quicks and two genuine all rounders in Green and Marsh.

Oz are the ALDI of World Cricket --- good different.

I think it also puts Cummins men at top of ICC WTC table (with the Poms NINTH; love that).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oz are the ALDI of World Cricket --- good different.

I think it also puts Cummins men at top of ICC WTC table (with the Poms NINTH; love that).
Poms are saving test cricket though. Duckett is taking credit for the NZ crowds at this test.

The only time they have ever beaten us in history was just after WSC and that mess, then in the mid 80's we lost a bunch of players to SA rebel tours.
Since around our WC win, they can't get near us.
And fair enough to, it's like playing South Australia's Sheffield Sheild team.

This series was the closest they got.

They probably should have won in Perth the test Warnie got 99. We had to chase 440 and then bat for a draw.

It was one of the only series we didnt win at home under Steve Waugh.

Admittingly the first 2 tests were rain-affected and Gabba was manufactured with declarations but they only fell 10 runs chasing 284 off 57 overs. And still had 4 wickets in hand.

The T20era they win that.

This series was the closest they got.

They probably should have won in Perth the test Warnie got 99. We had to chase 440 and then bat for a draw.

It was one of the only series we didnt win at home under Steve Waugh.

Admittingly the first 2 tests were rain-affected and Gabba was manufactured with declarations but they only fell 10 runs chasing 284 off 57 overs. And still had 4 wickets in hand.

The T20era they win that.
In the T20 era Steve probably doesn't give them that chase. Even in that series we outplayed them 2 out of 3 tests. Without rain we win the 2nd test and Steve was SUPER aggressive in that 1st test because of the rain again.

Last edited:
Would Australia be a happy with a 1-0 series win from here ? The way tests are played these days, a player like Will Young will get found out at this level if he sits back and just defends for all life. He needs to be more open and look to score, to move the game ahead. Given how much ample time was remaining, your best form of defence in test cricket is to attack. Sitting back and letting the Australian bowlers dictate with dot ball after dot ball and not looking to rotate strike plays into Australias hands , as they can bowl a consistent set of deliveries in the same block.

I just woke up its 8:30am WST and was expecting it to go a bit deeper today.

NZs tail is fairly longer from 8 onwards.

Kinda amazing that there's been Green knockers on here, the guy has serious gifts with both bat & ball.

His ability to extract extra bounce really excites me.
Which Australian players don’t have knockers on here though?
Struth…There’s even knockers regarding players wives and children.

Back