1st T20 New Zealand v Australia Feb 21 1640hrs @ the Basin Reserve

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The NZ team is first class but the crowds are absolute flogs

I've found NZ sports fans in general are very floggy when it comes to their national teams. Had the misfortune of being at a bar for dinner with my wife in Dunedin once when All Blacks were playing Wallabies, being from a non rugby state I had no idea they were playing (my bad) or could name a single player, said as much to a few of them who picked up on accent but they kept carrying on to us while we tried to eat dinner. Even the bar guy was a flog about it. Although think they secretly hate the fact basically no one in Australia gives a * about union.

We were missing Williamson, Mitchell and Boult from our best T20 side, they are all bigger losses for us than Wade.
You understand that your place in the cricketing world is minnows whose role is being curb stomped by us?

I am sometimes amazed they don't beat us a bit more often when it at least comes to the non World Cup white ball matches.

These games are like little World Cup finals for them
Bloody oath they are.

I am sometimes amazed they don't beat us a bit more often when it at least comes to the non World Cup white ball matches.

Especially over there on their suburban backyard sized grounds they're used to. We weren't bad at it tonight but often frustratingly we go over there and don't realise until too late you can just miss hit the * out of it and its going 10 rows deep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am sometimes amazed they don't beat us a bit more often when it at least comes to the non World Cup while ball matches.

Yes, they don't understand that for Australia, playing England is where it's at. The rest, well maybe excluding India now, are just fill-ins until Ashes roll around again.

Are they playing for the Chappell-Hadlee Trophy in the white ball format now, because they would never win it playing test matches?

I've found NZ sports fans in general are very floggy when it comes to their national teams. Had the misfortune of being at a bar for dinner with my wife in Dunedin once when All Blacks were playing Wallabies, being from a non rugby state I had no idea they were playing (my bad) or could name a single player, said as much to a few of them who picked up on accent but they kept carrying on to us while we tried to eat dinner. Even the bar guy was a flog about it. Although think they secretly hate the fact basically no one in Australia gives a * about union.
The laidback tag that New Zealanders have has never really rang true to me and especially for most of their sports fans.

I would rather be surrounded by a bunch of England fans at a game than Kiwis

I can't find it right now but when the Breakers won their first title they had a banner at the parade that said "thanks for beating the Aussies". It's a very weird one way obsession

Are they playing for the Chappell-Hadlee Trophy in the white ball format now, because they would never win it playing test matches?
Good point, didn't think about it when they brought up the name but now it's an ODI and T20 trophy I guess lol

We were missing Williamson, Mitchell and Boult from our best T20 side, they are all bigger losses for us than Wade.
Bloody hell dude you really drew the short straw.

NZ and the Saints, both of whom have won a massive load of SFA. 👍

No wonder your arse is in a permanent state of red soreness.

You understand that your place in the cricketing world is minnows whose role is being curb stomped by us?

It took you until the last ball to beat us with a misfield from Phillips, you got a lucky win tonight and there are still two more games to go.

I wouldn't be getting too cocky just yet.

Our bowling is going to be a problem in T20i when we don’t have specific T20 bowlers as our front line. We give up a lot of runs. Honestly I wouldn’t play Hazelwood he’s to predictable. Spencer or Ellis for him. Starc of the top 3 is the only lock for me.

Our bowling is going to be a problem in T20i when we don’t have specific T20 bowlers as our front line. We give up a lot of runs. Honestly I wouldn’t play Hazelwood he’s to predictable. Spencer or Ellis for him. Starc of the top 3 is the only lock for me.
If you are going to drop one of the bowlers it would have to be Cummins

Back