Beau Waters

Remove this Banner Ad

SwanBet

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2007
Heaven
AFL Club
Collingwood
:thumbsu::thumbsu: What a season this man is having, a great comeback from a couple of serious injuries and an injury plagued career, is having a top season. Played awesome tonight and get no kudos. I really love watching him play, is as hard as nails and i believe in my opinion the toughest player in the AFL :thumbsu:

Love watching his attack on the ball against anybody but his disposal by foot is pretty poor by today's standard.

Next pre Season the Eagles skills staff have a big job ahead of them trying to lift the skill rate of many of their team but if they can have an impact they have some serious ball winners and could impact next year.

One of the hardest players going about, loves to get the ball moving along quickly as well. Definitely not the silkiest skills but they are far from atrocious.

he had a shocker today by foot, but this year he's been generally pretty decent.

he's improved his kicking dramatically compared to previous years.

the misconception that he's a clanger king is based on the fact that this was one of our only games on national TV...

he played well, but he cost us a bit tonight. especially late in the 3rd quarter.

thought he was going to be really good until he did his knee 4-5 seasons ago.

still a good player and every team needs a hard man like him.

always pick him in DT and SC so double :thumbsu::thumbsu: for tonights effort :D

Surprisingly, I think his kicking this year has been far better than previously in his career ( but still not up to scratch, unfortunately).

Can't question his toughness, and his decision-making is usually pretty good; he just needs to hit those vital simple targets.

EDIT: anti_ said it

thought he was going to be really good until he did his knee 4-5 seasons ago.
still a good player and every team needs a hard man like him.

always pick him in DT and SC so double :thumbsu::thumbsu: for tonights effort :D

What?:cool:

First season was 2005, spent it recovering from OP.

2006 2nd year played in a winning GF and was BOG IMO.

2007 played but totally buggered his elbow playing WALF mid season.

2008 Didn't play.

2009 Didn't play.

2010 Jarred his knee in the NAB, has played every game from round 1.

So who are you talking about?:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His kicking isnt as bad as everyone makes out. He isnt Cousins or Judd like by foot but he is ok. Hard as nails though and absolutely love him. Makes us a far better side with his leadership, attack on the footy and toughness in defence.

What?:cool:

First season was 2005, spent it recovering from OP.

2006 2nd year played in a winning GF and was BOG IMO.

2007 played but totally buggered his elbow playing WALF mid season.

2008 Didn't play.

2009 Didn't play.

2010 Jarred his knee in the NAB, has played every game from round 1.

So who are you talking about?:eek:

you're wrong there spartan.

his first year was 2004, debuted against essendon when hird kicked that goal in the last quarter to shatter our hearts in a million pieces.

funny...back when he debuted, he was a great kick of the footy.

he also buggered his elbow halfway through 2008, not 2007.

also, embley was a clear BOG on grand final day.

haha...so who are you talking about?

He has lifted his disposal over this year but he is inconsistant with it. When he first started his disposal was consistantly bad, now its patchy and im hoping in future it will lift to good.

This game was probably his worst for disposal but his best for fearsome attack on the ball. Hopefully he can put the two together in the next few years and become an A grade player.

Yeah he's having a great come back year but so are other players like Scott Gumbleton, Jared Grant and Matt Maguire. It's great to see all these successful comebacks. Lets hope there are many more by the end of the season.

Got plenty of the ball but doesnt mean a thing is he's just sending striaght into opposition hands. may as well of played for Geelong tonight, would of had over 10 turnovers. I know he was on eight sometime in the thrid quarter because the commentators mentioned it.

Got plenty of the ball but doesnt mean a thing is he's just sending striaght into opposition hands. may as well of played for Geelong tonight, would of had over 10 turnovers. I know he was on eight sometime in the thrid quarter because the commentators mentioned it.

Well he had 5 clangers tonight so it just shows how much crap the commentators say.

His kicking can be terrible at times but he's got a heart of a lion absolutely fearless, loves the contact.

Did you actually watch the game or just listen to the rubbish special comments. Clearly our best player.

Love the way he goes about it. Especially the amount of times in a game he goes back with the flight of the ball without even a glance to see whats coming the other way. Can see why he is captain atm with Glass out.

you're wrong there spartan.

his first year was 2004, debuted against essendon when hird kicked that goal in the last quarter to shatter our hearts in a million pieces.

funny...back when he debuted, he was a great kick of the footy.

he also buggered his elbow halfway through 2008, not 2007.

also, embley was a clear BOG on grand final day.

haha...so who are you talking about?[/quote]

Ok I was out by a year here or there but the point was Waters has never 'done his knee 4-5 years ago'.

That was what I was pointing out.;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back