NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Just taking out the bins.

Good thing too, because you're trash, A Bit High.

Well done to the Thunder. Their game last week against Morningside was exceptional. Their intensity was fantastic.Sort of knew they would win by a big margin, but I tipped Morningside being a Queenslander at heart.

Not real sure on this concept of a 2nd grand final being played between the 2 conference premiers.I mean, were the 2 teams so serious about it ..... Maybe they were, I dont know, ..... just seems a little flat to me, not nearly as important as winning the flag in their home and away season competition.
Anyway, well done to the Thunder ,heres to 2012...., will be even more better footy to watch, and we have to appreciate that standard in our own backyard.

You guys are kidding yourselves. You came onto the eastern conference blog bragging that your comp is far superior to ours then have a sook when anyone says anything to defend our comp. Amazing to see just how great the gap in the two comps is, as you have so often informed us. 22 point win for NT in Alice springs.. Sure showed us eastern boys how far ahead you guys are.

Having said that, congratulations to NT on a great year, they play a very attacking brand of footy and were too good yesterday. I'm sure the opinions of a few people in this forum don't mirror those of the NT boys. Chops and snorkle, you're pathetic.

hi carrot lamp
couldn't agree more. all i read is snorkle having a crack at all that is not aspley. your were right on, when you used the word pathetic

Thanks for posts guys after my beloved Cats lost last 30 seconds to miss GF spot.Would have beaten Aspley,Suns after tanking and Mt Gravatt after 2 Darwin trips and being so flat.Wot ifs and buts in footy.Not only team to be thinking this way.
Is it true Copeland won Aspleys B&F?.If so you would think the Aspleys coaching staff and committee have accepted his verbal performances in giving away 50 m free kicks on a consistant basis through out the year.His and Evans undisciplined play against Panthers in the knock out semi cost them a GF spot.How can Aspleys juniors look up to these so called On Field Leaders.

Wouldn't worry too much Canberra lads, there was a few blokes on here that tried to tell anyone who would listen that the NEAFL was reasonably close to the SANFL and WAFL at the start of the year in standard - that was until they had to play them and then realised that it is probably at least 10 goals behind. Like many football comps, everyone thinks THEIR comp is a lot better than it really is - why??? Bc it makes them feel better when watching / playing it.
Only people who could really tell you is a bloke like Nathan Clarke who has good experience in both leagues. Would ignore the rest of the crap that spews forth.

Not that I was one of those suggesting ACT is better than SANFL or WAFL but unless you know the background of others it may pay to bite your tongue my friend.

There are very few footballers in Canberra who were born in Canberra.

Well said ABH.:thumbsu:

Don't worry though Smy is head cheerleader of his own opinions.

Not that I was one of those suggesting ACT is better than SANFL or WAFL but unless you know the background of others it may pay to bite your tongue my friend.

There are very few footballers in Canberra who were born in Canberra.

No you weren't - but others were saying it re the NEAFL and it was a bit sad really...

LAB - you weren't a pot in another life were you??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Southport B & F

1/ Payne 2/ James 3/ Wise

Labrador B & F

1/ Wrigley 2/ Jones 3/ Grayson this could have gone any way one vote between each of them.

Interesting the southport older brigade 1,2,3. Will they retain Payne?

The Labrador 1,2,3 all younger guys. Interesting none of their bigger names in the top 3.

Who is recruiting who? C'mon Chikka you get some good mail usually...

Interesting the southport older brigade 1,2,3. Will they retain Payne?

The Labrador 1,2,3 all younger guys. Interesting none of their bigger names in the top 3.

Who is recruiting who? C'mon Chikka you get some good mail usually...

Whispers at Southport - Brock McCauley, Shane Harvey (younger brother of the great man), Big Ben Hudson, McLaren to be back in the fold.

Lab - Spider will he play as he is working up here?

what about the goings.. heard a few from one club but not game enough to mention it!!! stay tunned

Whispers at Southport - Brock McCauley, Shane Harvey (younger brother of the great man), Big Ben Hudson, McLaren to be back in the fold.

Lab - Spider will he play as he is working up here?

what about the goings.. heard a few from one club but not game enough to mention it!!! stay tunned

Dr;nogood,
Shane Harvey is a extremely good player. Would be a good pick up.
played for Barooga in the strong Murray league and kicked some 80 goals the other year.Yes this competition would be a step up in class, but is the type that will perform with the better quality players around him.

If Southport get him and the other 2 big guys u mentioned, (and thats before any other signings) they will be looking good, especially after their last 9 weeks performance this year.

Surely, Spider wont play again.... hes about 38 or so now.I dont think he is the guy a club would want at this age in this league now.

who did hudson play with before going to AFL??

Hudson actually played for Mt Gravatt,winning a B and F, in 2001 and played in their premiership side in 2002. The Bulldogs recruited him from the Adelaide Crows.

Hudson actually played for Mt Gravatt,winning a B and F, in 2001 and played in their premiership side in 2002. The Bulldogs recruited him from the Adelaide Crows.

Will be living here on the coast Big E.

Whats news at your club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back