NEAFL - Northern Conference - Season 2011 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Any thoughts on when the Cross Conferenence should be played

What about before the start of the following season, only problem is players retiring, moving between clubs .
Alice forecast tomorrow is 33 degrees. Hope they have been correcting their fluid balance from celebrations earlier in week

Any thoughts on when the Cross Conferenence should be played

What about before the start of the following season, only problem is players retiring, moving between clubs .
Alice forecast tomorrow is 33 degrees. Hope they have been correcting their fluid balance from celebrations earlier in week

at the start of every season. you win your gf and want to celebrate, not play another game.

Sorry BigE wasn't a specific dig at Aspley just an example to shoot down this logic that Thunder have an entire state to pick from, just uses them an example of population base.
I surprised that everyone is focussed on Thunder's apparent advantage with extra NT home games. The more people talk about it the more they will psych themselves out for the trip away.

Surely Southport will have to forfeit their home game next year - in 3 years have travelled to Darwin only twice in 3 years and never been to Alice.

i have had no dramas going to the territory for games the last three years. its a great experience for the younger players in the clubs to get used to travel and playing. and us older guys enjoy it too.
The thunder have been a great inclusion to the comp, and they are always very hospitable to the travelling team.
Good on them for winning the GF, i was there and they played a very exciting brand of footy. i reckon a few scouts i saw there might have been impressed with young farrer.

How much money is foregone to the competition for the games not held in Darwin?

You can't argue with the crowds that we get.

The other thing I want to debate is the "state" issue. Well, firstly, it's not like we're actually a state.

Secondly, there are only 120,000-150,000 people in the territory.

What is the population of Queensland, or the areas of Queensland represented in this comp, divided by the amount of football clubs?

I think you'll find the actual recruiting population, is not that different.

Yeah and Perth and Adelaide's population put together = GWS entire area that they call home too Chops - reckon I know who I would back in a match....

Its far less about how many you have but how many actually play the game and I think NT has that pretty well covered vs the various areas of SE Qld.

i have had no dramas going to the territory for games the last three years. its a great experience for the younger players in the clubs to get used to travel and playing. and us older guys enjoy it too.
The thunder have been a great inclusion to the comp, and they are always very hospitable to the travelling team.
Good on them for winning the GF, i was there and they played a very exciting brand of footy. i reckon a few scouts i saw there might have been impressed with young farrer.

big e what did you think of the mside v nt coaching structure/performance and who else impressed you talent wise?

hey guys,

any reason why the conference winners gf is being played up north?

Was this pre determined prior to the commencement of the season?

Will it rotate around the eastern major venues?

Cheers

probably alternating between conferences. Maybe they gave it to the northern conference because they won the cross conference battle as well.

Hey Guys,

Any reason why the conference winners GF is being played up North?

Was this pre determined prior to the commencement of the season?

Will it rotate around the Eastern major venues?

Cheers

I am not sure any planning was done past this point, but now that it has been arrived at thought will be put into the format and scheduling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering the extreme temp differences between Darwin and Canberra and the BS that some of your posters have spread on the Easts board thats a bloody good effort by Ainslie TBH.

A Bit High,

See you have come over from the dark side and spread your love on the Northern website, can I say as I said originally the only thing hot apart from the weather was the footy played by the NT Thunder and to an extent Ainslie, see second aint so bad after all - us none NT Thunder supporters in S E Queensland will get used to second, as it for us is the new first.
Do they, the NT Thunder get a congratulations or just a good effort by Ainsile to go within 5 goals? I was prepared to give you my well done's if the shoe was on the other foot the least you can do is give us Qld- NT Northern boys yours?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back