Android phones.

Remove this Banner Ad

When I first got my S2 I thought it was way too big.

Within a week, I was completely used to it.

Now it seems like a perfect size.

What a magnificent piece of technology.

Isn't it just!!
Had mine for 6 months now and luvinit:thumbsu:

I look upon iPhoners now with much sympathy :(:(

If only they knew ;)

Look at grabbing the official extended battery, the size difference is minimal but the extra weight makes the phone feel a lot better.... plus you get 20% extra battery life :thumbsu:

On my SGS2 im running CheckROM's RevoHD V4 on DarkKnight v2.3. I have the Ice Cream Sandwich Domination v1.6 as my theme and loving it. Battery life has improved significantly. Ive got so far 10hrs on battery with about 60% of battery life left.

The battery life on some of those ROM's is amazing. I can leave it for days without charging if I'm not using it much.

Watched MI4: Ghost Protocol last night. Looked like some Android devices in the film. Not sure if it was a Nexus or Note, and the tablet may have been a Tab.

Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.3) has just been released for the Nexus S today. I'm flashing it now, can't wait :D

so i got my first android phone after about 3 years of iphones.

Galaxy S2.

what apps must i get? i've already gone through and downloaded most of the ones i know from iphone.

also does anyone know a good way to manage music, with smart playlists, ratings, playcounts etc. i loved the ipod/itunes combination on my iphone and i need to continue this somehow.

so i got my first android phone after about 3 years of iphones.

Galaxy S2.

what apps must i get? i've already gone through and downloaded most of the ones i know from iphone.

also does anyone know a good way to manage music, with smart playlists, ratings, playcounts etc. i loved the ipod/itunes combination on my iphone and i need to continue this somehow.

DoubleTwist should let you import from iTunes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did a bad thing in regards to battery power the other day to an iFoam user.....

When my battery died, I took the back off the phone and......changed it with a spare I bought of e bay for a few dollars...go figure !!

They couldn't believe the technology of changing a battery ;)

I did a bad thing in regards to battery power the other day to an iFoam user.....

When my battery died, I took the back off the phone and......changed it with a spare I bought of e bay for a few dollars...go figure !!

They couldn't believe the technology of changing a battery ;)

:D:thumbsu:

If you OEM unlock your phone and root it with Super User the you can use app's like NSTools to underclock the CPU to dramatically save on battery life.

Try doing that with an iMoan! :D

lets not be fanbois here.. the iphone has its benefits.. i had one for 3 years and i badly miss the music managment and itunes integreation.. 1 click to completely back up your phone, 1 click to restore to a previous state.. i don't see android doing anything like that...

that said, i'm quite happy with my SGS2 except for the terrible battery life

1 click to completely back up your phone, 1 click to restore to a previous state.. i don't see android doing anything like that...

My Nexus S does that. And Google synch is great, it automatically backs up all pof my contacts etc via my gmail account, I'm forever flashing my phones with custom ROM's and each time I just go through the set-up menu, enter my email and it synchs all of my apps through market place, synchs all of my RSS feeds and bookmarks and contacts etc. I literally can never lose my contacts ever again, unless I get dementia and can't log into Google, even if I was in another copuntry with no phone I could still get everything of it via the cloud.

Try a new kernel, ICS has had some teething problems with battery life, or at least it has on the Nexus S

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1339

lets not be fanbois here.. the iphone has its benefits.. i had one for 3 years and i badly miss the music managment and itunes integreation.. 1 click to completely back up your phone, 1 click to restore to a previous state.. i don't see android doing anything like that...

data is protected in the android system.
if you want backups, you'll need to root and install something like titanium backup root. personally, when i'm installing a new ROM, i like just clearing all my dud apps and starting again. i'll probably backup big apps like games with data packs

but market and contacts all back up to the cloud if you enable them

I got a Galaxy S2 in October and quickly fell in love with it. Alas, as Murphy's Law dictates the only really good phone I've ever had was lost within 6 weeks (left in a taxi).

I haven't replaced it yet, but I've been shopping around heavily and I think I've settled for the HTC Incredible S.

I can get this for $399 outright, is there anything besides the slightly smaller screen (which I can deal with) that means I shouldn't just fork out extra for a new S2? I can get an S2 for a touch under $600.

get the nexus S from vodafone on prepaid for $300
its cheaper and already has ICS

very easily unlocked from networks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back