Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym

Remove this Banner Ad

Phaggots who sweat everywhere yet don't bring towels.

Maybe they just don't want to anyone else to use the bench.

Guys who turn up wearing a t-shirt or hoodie, then take it off to reveal their 'pumped' physique w/tank top after how ever many sets they think it takes. Douche. Not that anyone could tell the difference... and they think it's their warm-up procedure, pfft... douche.

maybe its cold outside?

taken from another thread - power lifting barefoot. was talking to a few trainers at the gym i frequent weekly about it. they all said its BS.

taken from another thread - power lifting barefoot. was talking to a few trainers at the gym i frequent weekly about it. they all said its BS.

Depends on the circumstance. I'd absolutely rather deadlift barefoot instead of in runners, which are just uncomfortable for heavy lifting when stability is so important. The cushioning just de-stabilises the lifter. Go try and lift heavy w/runners on for yourself and see. Squating likewise.

My gym doesn't allow bare feet anyway, I think most are the same. I'd say it's an OH&S compliance issue.

Depends on the circumstance. I'd absolutely rather deadlift barefoot instead of in runners, which are just uncomfortable for heavy lifting when stability is so important. The cushioning just de-stabilises the lifter. Go try and lift heavy w/runners on for yourself and see. Squating likewise.

My gym doesn't allow bare feet anyway, I think most are the same. I'd say it's an OH&S compliance issue.

i dont think ill go barefoot, trainer disagrees with it and ill follow his advice i guess.

yeah gyms wont allow barefoot in these litigious days.

On the deadlifting topic, anyone ever scrape the front of the lower leg when lifting from the course grip bars? I do this every now and then to my right leg only. Annoying.

interesting re; going barefoot. i've only ever gone in shoes. i don't really have much choice of footwear at the moment. i've got my going out shoes, runners and thongs.... i wouldn't last as a women. lol.

re; deadlift shins. it sucks, but unless you wanna wear track pants and sweat like crazy, there's not much you can do. my shins look like i've been playing soccer with out pads.

For my squat/deadlift days i wear some $5 canvas shoes i got at target. They pretty much have no sole and i can feel even a small stone under them so they are as good as barefoot.

I'd probably not want people to lift in a gym barefoot anyway - more a hygiene thing. It's bad enough sitting on benches laced with other people's sweat let alone moving around near their food fungal infestations lol

If you're scraping your shin with the deadlift that means you're doing it right. What they use in comps (and it's compulsory) is long socks. So wearing footy socks or something on deadlift day might be an option. Better/lighter than shinpads i guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So get in to gym, do squats - planned to do deads in power rack afterwards. On my last set of squats a guy comes over and asks how many sets left.
I made sure of what he needed the rack for (some lady uses it for stretching :eek:) and let him use it for his squats - telling him to grab me when he's done as I need it back.
I go off and do something else. He does one set of quarter squats. Then goes to the leg press machine. I gather he must be supersetting.
I continue on my merry way and finish my next two sets. He's now on a bench machine - all the while his weights are still on the bar at the power rack.
Heavily confused I ask him if he's finished with the power rack. He says yes. :mad::mad::mad:

going tonight.

probably gonna be packed.

i hate it when its packed

Monday's are the worst, people who feel guilty about eating/drinking too much on the weekend who can't be assed going again by Thursday, then the cycle repeats the following Monday

On the deadlifting topic, anyone ever scrape the front of the lower leg when lifting from the course grip bars? I do this every now and then to my right leg only. Annoying.

My shins have scars on them. I lose skin every deadlift day. I always wear long socks (footy socks) but it still rubs against the shins on the way up. If you have lost skin on your shins it means you are most likely deadlifting properly. To lift big weights you need to lean back and pull the bar into you.

all the while his weights are still on the bar at the power rack.
Heavily confused I ask him if he's finished with the power rack. He says yes. :mad::mad::mad:

What a ****.. Shits me no end when people don't put their weights away, especially when the weights rack is right next to the machine they are using or when they put their dumbbells under the dumbbell rack when they are finished using them

What a ****.. Shits me no end when people don't put their weights away, especially when the weights rack is right next to the machine they are using or when they put their dumbbells under the dumbbell rack when they are finished using them

Or douche that leave free weights on the benches to save themselves bending down to the floor and picking the weight up. That's what tears the fabric.

Guys who spend a whole session doing biceps. Fail.

Guys who spend a whole session doing biceps. Fail.

A guy i saw a few days ago at gym, his days routine consisted of:
- 2-3 sets of biceps curls
- 2 sets of seated shoulder press (super set with bicep curls)
- 2 sets of upright barbell rows (super set with bicep curls)
- Preacher curls (super set with bicep curls)
Then I think he did from memory some situps and then left.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back