Preview Next week - against the Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Excellent post, agree with all of it. Jetta is not a small forward.

Funny you should say that cuz his Bio on the MFC site says otherwise.

Injury again interrupted the Jetta’s progress when he broke his hand against Collingwood in round 12, not returning until round 23. Played mainly as a small forward who tackles well but is agile and versatile enough to spend time in the midfield. Does not get enough of the ball or kick enough goals just yet, but has hardness and resilience.

So given more game time - he may just prove me right and all you neigh sayers could bow to my greatness. He's only played 30 games - how can you guys say watts will be a star yet shitcan Jetta.

He played 15 games in 2009, 6 games in 2010, and 9 games in 2011. Injury has dampened his time at the dees, as well as the Bailey Era.

Double Standards.

Funny you should say that cuz his Bio on the MFC site says otherwise.

So given more game time - he may just prove me right and all you neigh sayers could bow to my greatness. He's only played 30 games - how can you guys say watts will be a star yet shitcan Jetta.

He played 15 games in 2009, 6 games in 2010, and 9 games in 2011. Injury has dampened his time at the dees, as well as the Bailey Era.

Double Standards.

Hes too small.

Uh.. yeh.. hes just like Dal Santo right?

I never said he was - and If you actually read the comment you're referring to - I never Said Rivers was just like Dal Santo either - I said they had similarities with the way they move and hold themselves while under pressure.

Nice try though. :)

They did that in 2010 too, on that great day we had at the G, Goodes was their best by a mile but Morton wasn't too far behind, Goodes had 26 touches (kicked four goals) but Morton had 23 and a goal.

And that game has worked wonders for Morton, hasn't it?

heh - what next, hair too short? Eyes too brown?

I'm suggesting a crumbing forward - Stephen Milne is 176cm in height, Cyril Rioli is 177cm, Jetta is 180cm - but he's too small? Oh wait - now he's too tall right?

Hand off your putz.

I have watched every Dees game that he has played and do not recall even 1 thing that Jetta has done to prove he can play!

He is small, slow and does not have elite skills or vision.. The only thing he has is good defensive skills, but you need these when you get stripped of the ball all the time!!

How old are you? 12? That comment is pure idiocy.

And Jetta is not a small forward just because the MFC website says he is. He might be in writing, be he isn't in reality.

What's your problem with SuburbanMe?

Go the topic. Anywho, I can't see Jetta or Bennell making it. Give Davey and Lawrence a chance.

What's your problem with SuburbanMe?

Go the topic. Anywho, I can't see Jetta or Bennell making it. Give Davey and Lawrence a chance.

He talks rubbish.

And I've gone the topic in this thread numerous times, even in my last post re: Jetta. Happy?

The Teams will be named Tommorow afternoon, but from what I've been told these will be our team changes for Hawthorn.

INS: Lewis Mitchell Gibson Sewell Franklin Shiels Puopolo Rioli McCauley

OUTS: Suckling Burgoyne Bateman Hodge Smith Guerra Savage Woodward Litherland

Should be a good game of footy. I reckon it will be a closer game then what most people are predicting. James Magner is a good pick up. He is a chance for a Round 1 debut IMO. But can Melbourne fit, Sylvia, Jones, Moloney and Magner in the same side. All good in & under type players.

Outside of gws and gc how many 20 yr old chf are actual getting games in the afl? My bet is not many. I have a mate who is a massive hawks fan and reckons buddy was the biggest spud for his first 3-4 years and would take watts at his age now then buddy then. He will be fine. Things like that overhead tap to Ricky are just glimpses of what will come, he is one hell of an instinctive/ unselfish footballer.
Maybe we could ask clarkson to play buddy in defence on watts : p

Can't be too much of a massive Hawks fan. Franklin was an outstanding prospect in his second year, booted 73 ( including 7 in final, kicking winning goal ) in his third and was the best player in the comp in his fourth with 113 goals and the best and fairest award in a Premiership team .Real spud.

Loving our reported contested possession rate from our pre-season games, bettered even Sydney.

Should be even better with jordie on the park

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne v Hawthorn
Saturday, March 10, 5.40pm
Etihad Stadium

MELBOURNE
2. Nathan Jones, 3. Clint Bartram, 4. Jack Watts, 6. Matthew Bate, 7. Jamie Bennell, 8. James Frawley, 9. Jack Trengove, 11. Mitch Clark, 12. Colin Sylvia, 13. Jordie McKenzie, 14. Lynden Dunn, 15. Ricky Petterd, 20. Colin Garland, 22. Brent Moloney, 25. Tom McDonald, 26. Daniel Nicholson, 27. Jared Rivers, 30. James Sellar, 34. Stefan Martin, 36. Aaron Davey, 38. Jeremy Howe, 40. Mark Jamar, 41. Troy Davis, 44. Rohan Bail, 46. Josh Tynan, 47. Tom Couch, 48. Jack Fitzpatrick, 49. James Magner

HAWTHORN
3. Jordan Lewis, 4. Matt Suckling, 5. Sam Mitchell, 10. Chance Bateman, 11. Clinton Young, 12. Brad Sewell, 13. Kyle Cheney, 14. Grant Birchall, 15. Luke Hodge, 16. Isaac Smith, 17. Cameron Bruce, 19. Jack Gunston, 20. David Hale, 21. Shane Savage, 22. Luke Breust, 23. Lance Franklin, 24. Ben Stratton, 25. Ryan Schoenmakers, 26. Liam Shiels, 28. Paul Puopolo, 29. Tom Murphy, 30. Luke Lowden, 31. Jarrad Boumann, 32. Bradley Hill, 33. Cyril Rioli, 34. Jordan Kelly, 37. Brendan Whitecross, 38. Mitch Hallahan, 39. Max Bailey

ohhh its at 5:40, thought it was 7:40.... maybe i can watch it live

So pissed off that this game is a blackout game on Foxtel over Xbox360 - out of all the games on Saturday - the one blackoutgame has to be the Melbourne game - BASTARDS!!!

Anyway, With everything that's happened concerning Liam over the past few days, What sort of impact do we think this will have on the playing group and the game on the weekend?

Do we think our guys to have our minds elsewhere? or will they to come out harder than ever?

I'm clearly hoping for the latter.

Oh One good thing to come of it - atleast the spotlight is off Jack Watts.

And before anyone even thinks about having a crack - I'm not making light of Liams situation - I'm just addressing the Watts saga.
With everything that's been happening - at least Jack will be able to prepare without the judgemental eyes being wholey and solely focussed on him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back