Central Murray FL - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Recruits su
ch as???

At this stage I've heard Kerang have picked up Luke Livingston, Luke cotchett, Kyle Robertson, josh brae and have only lost Grayling and Justin wilson, the rest of the premiership side will be going around again and will be one year better off. Fairly handy ins I would think more than cover the outs.
Can't really see anyone getting close to them again.

Barham have lost Lucas Mathews and could possibly lose a few more before the season opener.
Swan hill will be the smoky for mine with X bringing a few across from ballarat
I think all other sides will be witches hats from all reports comparing the talent going out as opposed to that coming in it will be a long year for most clubs.

One thing I can't understand is clubs appointing coaches who live in Melbourne and will only be there on a Saturday for mine this is borderline stupidity. Surely results from the last three years suggests that to win a flag you need a vast majority of your group to train together week in week out and coaches who are at every session? Anyone else have thoughts on this?
I understand it helps lure high profile players and lets clubs justify shelling out huge $$$$ but surely getting a big pay packet to be a Saturday coach isn't the way forward. Nothing wrong with a non playing coach on a little bit and spending more dollars on more players?

At this stage I've heard Kerang have picked up Luke Livingston, Luke cotchett, Kyle Robertson, josh brae and have only lost Grayling and Justin wilson, the rest of the premiership side will be going around again and will be one year better off. Fairly handy ins I would think more than cover the outs.
Can't really see anyone getting close to them again.

Barham have lost Lucas Mathews and could possibly lose a few more before the season opener.
Swan hill will be the smoky for mine with X bringing a few across from ballarat
I think all other sides will be witches hats from all reports comparing the talent going out as opposed to that coming in it will be a long year for most clubs.

One thing I can't understand is clubs appointing coaches who live in Melbourne and will only be there on a Saturday for mine this is borderline stupidity. Surely results from the last three years suggests that to win a flag you need a vast majority of your group to train together week in week out and coaches who are at every session? Anyone else have thoughts on this?
I understand it helps lure high profile players and lets clubs justify shelling out huge $$$$ but surely getting a big pay packet to be a Saturday coach isn't the way forward. Nothing wrong with a non playing coach on a little bit and spending more dollars on more players?

Who is doing this??

Who is doing this??

Your mob did for a few years. Sounds like Woorineen are going down that path. Just don't think it's a real smart move no disrespect to wardy or trenny I'm sure they were/will be great coaches but I think if they were there for every session the would get better results...

Your mob did for a few years. Sounds like Woorineen are going down that path. Just don't think it's a real smart move no disrespect to wardy or trenny I'm sure they were/will be great coaches but I think if they were there for every session the would get better results...

It is certainly a different way of going about things but as long as the coach is committed to making it work and getting to Thursday trainings it really isn't a heap different. In our case it had a positive effect in that it has provided an ideal platform for a young assistant to take on the responsibility of Tuesday and extra sessions and the step,up into the main job

Kiel Robertson and Luke Cotchett confirmed signings at Kerang both guns dont forget Kobi Wilson is like a new recruit after missing nearly all Last Year...

I thought Daniel Ward travelled up on most Thursday nights and stayed for a few days. I believe he couldnt all the time, but thats having a fair crack I would have thought.

I thought Daniel Ward travelled up on most Thursday nights and stayed for a few days. I believe he couldnt all the time, but thats having a fair crack I would have thought.

He did. That's what I meant when I said that we didn't notice a lot of difference. Wardy's commitment to making it a positive was first class

Lachie sharp /matthew gretgrix...my opinion on goal kickers in country football is pretty simple...if you are getting the ball into the foward 50 80 times against the bad sides and kicking 10 and you play against the bad sides 5 times, then are you really a star?? or a flat track bully? or maybe just capatalising on the team ur playing? and we all know there are some awful teams getting around.

Surely your not suggesting that Gretgrix is in your description "a flat track bully"?
Golden Square have won the last 4 flags but lost the grandfinal the year before that to Eaglehawk, i reckon if you check the results from that day u will find Gretgrix kicked 8 straight on a pretty handy player in Anthony Holdstock as well as the 1 that won them the game.

I have never seen Grayling play but from all reports he will kill them in the Loddon Valley, any word if he has any of the Kerang boys following him to the hill?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After watching him for the last few years his age is starting to show in my opinion. Will still go o.k though.
Wouldn't surprise me if wilson followed him out to the hill, I couldn't see anyone else going with him.

Played on him a couple of times last season and though he may not be as quick off the mark as he once was his size and strength still make him a very very difficult player to take on. I can see him coming out of the goal square and kicking 100. If Wilson went with him he would win the league medal by 20 votes

Any news of Player movements?

Kerang obviously gained quality. Tyntynder apparently losing a good handful out bush, Raiders lose Matthews, Brewer, Kyle wilson & maybe a couple more! But apparently gained Jesse Smith and close to a few others! Swanhil will be there abouts again.

Kerang obviously gained quality. Tyntynder apparently losing a good handful out bush, Raiders lose Matthews, Brewer, Kyle wilson & maybe a couple more! But apparently gained Jesse Smith and close to a few others! Swanhil will be there abouts again.

Think you'll find that brauer is assistant coach at Barham for 2013. Mathews will be missed that's about it. Is big Wes heading out with tooley? What about Nalder I have heard ultima and moula both been thrown around good get for either I would say.
Swan hill will be there abouts depending on how many x can bring over? Any more on Lovett?

Think you'll find that brauer is assistant coach at Barham for 2013. Mathews will be missed that's about it. Is big Wes heading out with tooley? What about Nalder I have heard ultima and moula both been thrown around good get for either I would say.
Swan hill will be there abouts depending on how many x can bring over? Any more on Lovett?

Unfortunately Brauer has had to pull the pin. There are about 8 or 9 leaving but filo has already been filling the holes

Who are the confirmed outs at Tigerland???

I have on pretty good info that Lovett will remain at Tigerland in 2013, has moved back to Melbourne and wants to play with Trenny. They have lost a few, but believe me the players they have picked up they will still be up and about next season.

Word is that Trenfield told lovett he only wants him if he gets fit to play in the midfield, which Lovett has agreed too. Him fit would dominate this league, Glen Boyd back at woora will be a good pick up too. What other recruits???
Big losses in Higgs, Siciliano, Stone, Mcinnes, Hone and Lord.

I'm still tipping Vic to play at Woorinen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back