Worst umpiring decisions

Remove this Banner Ad

Check the video mate, he celebrated..

How often do we see players celebrating goals that never were.

All the time.

The animated gif above shows that Darling isn't against a bit of acting.

Only if the goal umpire wasn't sure. He seemed sure.
I think some of the angst from the decision came simply from the surprise that Brisbane's 'spud' (McKeever) was able to outrun WC's gun young forward Darling when starting behind him. It might surprise many to know that McKeever is one of the best runners at Brisbane.

I think some of the angst from the decision came simply from the surprise that Brisbane's 'spud' (McKeever) was able to outrun WC's gun young forward Darling when starting behind him. It might surprise many to know that McKeever is one of the best runners at Brisbane.

No the angst came from a goal being paid a point..
Fairly simple stuff..

All the time.

The tackler pinned his arms and forced his fist onto his chin. At normal speed, it was pretty forceful and it would've hurt I imagined.

I love how people keep using that as an example of Darling 'acting'.

All the time.

All the time, I know this is a standard bf call... But everyone i asked except Brissy supporters agreed this was a goal..
We were ripped off...
But thats footy...

The tackler pinned his arms and forced his fist onto his chin. At normal speed, it was pretty forceful and it would've hurt I imagined.

I love how people keep using that as an example of Darling 'acting'.

55 goals in his second year would also point to the fact he doesnt mind kicking a goal or two either...
Who is Mckeever??

Yeah I think Darling was a bit stiff in the first Brissie game, but it was a marginal call and the review process was correctly used (or not used, in this case).

Umpires make mistakes all the time and players almost never own up to it, and unlike some I don't bother storing it in a memory bank for future ammo in shitfights with other supporters.

Unless it's about Carlton and Greg Williams, that f***ing cheat.

All the time, I know this is a standard bf call... But everyone i asked except Brissy supporters agreed this was a goal..
We were ripped off...
But thats footy...

If you rate neutral opinion, have a look at the match thread from that game and see how they rated the umpiring in that game in general. Be warned, it doesn't bode well for your "we were robbed" argument.

The Glass/Green incident was just one example of many.

Yeah I think Darling was a bit stiff in the first Brissie game, but it was a marginal call and the review process was correctly used (or not used, in this case).

Umpires make mistakes all the time and players almost never own up to it, and unlike some I don't bother storing it in a memory bank for future ammo in shitfights with other supporters.

Unless it's about Carlton and Greg Williams, that f***ing cheat.

Thread is called bad umpiring decisions??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you rate neutral opinion, have a look at the match thread from that game and see how they rated the umpiring in that game in general. Be warned, it doesn't bode well for your "we were robbed" argument.

I completley agree umpiring was bad that day, as was most of last year...
It wasnt one way tho, you assuming that doesnt give me confidence that your arguments arent one eyed..
Really i dont care anymore, thread was about bad decisions. I feel that was a bad decision, as the Glass one was too...
Thing is i can say that, evidently you cant admit the opposite..

How many neutral opinions are on a WC v Bris game day thread...
Or do you rate brissy supporters as neutral?

I completley agree umpiring was bad that day, as was most of last year...
It wasnt one way tho, you assuming that doesnt give me confidence that your arguments arent one eyed..
Really i dont care anymore, thread was about bad decisions. I feel that was a bad decision, as the Glass one was too...
Thing is i can say that, evidently you cant admit the opposite..

I just disagree that the Darling one is "clear" and that the camera angle is incapable of showing otherwise. Simple as that. Willing to concede that the goal umpire on the line was in a much better position.

How many neutral opinions are on a WC v Bris game day thread...

Quite a few.

www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/round-10-brisbane-vs-west-coast.954283

Worst one I've ever seen was during a WAFL game, in the old days before players got sent off for concussion. There was a player on the feild a little bit groggy, he tries to lay a clumsy tackle on his own team captain but gets him high. Umpires pays a free for high tackle.

Cam Mooney in the back in the 2010 final against the Saints.....
no...just no....

Go Catters

I just disagree that the Darling one is "clear" and that the camera angle is incapable of showing otherwise. Simple as that. Willing to concede that the goal umpire on the line was in a much better position.

Quite a few.

www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/round-10-brisbane-vs-west-coast.954283

This was the height of the WC are cheats bullshit, sorry every team gets some days when they get looked after...
If your one of these people that beleive the umps play for us then why am i bothering talking to you...
Most people on this forum last year were pretty anti eagles, and couldnt wait to have another uneducated stab at us about the free kicks..
I agree the ump was in the best spot, but unlike at subi the gabba crowd has no control over decisions..
Please..
We didnt play well that day, but Darling was stiff..

This was the height of the WC are cheats bullshit

You are the one who introduced neutral supporters into the equation. It would seem that neutral supporters only count if they support your argument, when they don't, suddenly they are "teh biased!!!!"

sorry every team gets some days when they get looked after...

Indeed, and West Coast got a good run in this game. So stop saying you were "robbed".

If your one of these people that beleive the umps play for us then why am i bothering talking to you...

Didn't say that I was. Stop the ad hominem bollocks.

Didn't change the result of a game either.

Actually that reminds me of another one.

In its Round 9 match against Essendon, Richmond was penalised for having too many men on the field. Last-placed Richmond was leading first-placed Essendon at half time by the score 3.3 – 2.4, but Essendon called for a head count after half time, and Richmond was found to have had 21 men on the field [20 comprising a team at the time]. Richmond's score was reset to zero, and Essendon went on to win 9.9 – 1.4.

http://www.embecity.com/changes/2012/12/24/1896-vfa-season/

Two decisions within two minutes of the last quarter of the 2002 Grand Final.

Fraser kicked a goal to put us 4 pts ahead. Straight from the centre bounce that followed the goal, Buckley drove the ball deep into the forward line. Tarrant led Darryl White to the ball, going for a mark. White had his arms around Tarrant, then made the spoil over Tarrant's shoulder and contacted his head. Both the holding the man and high contact were ignored. Tarrant was only 15-20m out from the goals -should have put us 10 pts in front in a low scoring game.

Moments later, Voss snaps the ball to the top of the Brisbane goal-square, crowded with 5 or 6 players. All went for the mark or punch, except for Lynch -who throws his arms out like Greg Lougannis. Free kick to Lynch. 2 goal turn-around.

I won't even mention Rocca's goal.

It's not like I'm bitter or anything.

Since this has predictably turned into a 'team X got a chariot ride against my team' thread rather than a thread on individual decisions, I'm gonna have to bring up the last quarter of the Port versus Essendon game in 2011. The single most blatantly biased quarter of football that I've ever witnessed at any level. A 34 point Port Adelaide lead was reeled in within about 8 minutes due to an umpiring performance so biased that even Essendon supporters on Bigfooty were saying that we were robbed, let alone neutrals. Nearly got us the spoon.

Indeed, and West Coast got a good run in this game. So stop saying you were "robbed".

Didn't say that I was. Stop the ad hominem bollocks.

Wasnt an attack on you, you must understand what i mean? People generally assume we get the rub...
Honestly, i really dont beleive we had the rub that game...
I think there were many bad decisions, a few that gifted you guys goals as well...
That decision was line ball, it could have been checked to save this argument.. Just a bad decision not to do so in my book..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back