Grand Final Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1820467
How come you didn't complain last week ?

For a minute there I thought you were showing the one where GWS took the advantage and Keefe took the mark in the goal square and umpire brought it back.
Or when the GWS had the free 25 out directly in front and the ball spilled deep in the pocket and the umpire made Bedford take the advantage. Riccardi takes a snap into the post under pressure.

View attachment 1820467
How come you didn't complain last week ?

Funniest comment I’ve heard this week was a Brisbane player claiming they didn’t pay advantage once in the game before that moment…😂😂

On the replay I noticed Crisp took a mark and after marking was taken out, at the time I thought could have paid 50, yet the umpire didn’t pay the mark but a free kick, good stat padding and still they got 37% more free kicks and were allegedly robbed…

Funniest comment I’ve heard this week was a Brisbane player claiming they didn’t pay advantage once in the game before that moment…😂😂

On the replay I noticed Crisp took a mark and after marking was taken out, at the time I thought could have paid 50, yet the umpire didn’t pay the mark but a free kick, good stat padding and still they got 37% more free kicks and were allegedly robbed…
Mate it’s hilarious all this crap about the advantage call. Lions had the best of the umpiring all day, pies kicked badly, pies lost one of their defensive structural pillars inside the 1st 30 mins, pies lost their main key forward in the prelim and a star in Adams ahead of the prelim, were down with 5 mins left and still found a way to win. Yeah of course it’s due to one poor advantage call. Give us a break haters, and add some more salt 🤣🤣🤣.

Which ones?

The only goal from a free was Daicos.
2 out of 3 of Brisbane's first quarter goals alone were due to umpire errors.

We all know Bailey was in the protected zone when he smothered Cox.

I haven't seen anyone yet point out though that the McCarthy's goal to give Brisbane their 2nd should have been an obvious holding the man free to Pendlebury at the stoppage. How does an umpire miss Roberston holding that much of Pendlebury's jumper other than umpiring corruption??
1696305910224.png

1696305926440.png
1696305943414.png

Mate it’s hilarious all this crap about the advantage call. Lions had the best of the umpiring all day, pies kicked badly, pies lost one of their defensive structural pillars inside the 1st 30 mins, pies lost their main key forward in the prelim and a star in Adams ahead of the prelim, were down with 5 mins left and still found a way to win. Yeah of course it’s due to one poor advantage call. Give us a break haters, and add some more salt 🤣🤣🤣.
Maybe they should be looking closer to home rather than highlighting one umpiring decision. If Daniher and Hipwood didn't miss those set shots in the last it may have been a different story. The end result had nothing to do with umpiring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh. You play well on Saturday?
Have to go back to 1966 for your one and only flag, Adam. Hate to tell you, but you’re not a Melbourne supporter, so you don’t get to count their premierships.
Yep your pi55 ant club has 27 wooden spoons that can barely fit into your 1 measly cup,
then you try and hitch your wagon to Melbourne.
Pathetic!

Demon supporters need to out this shaudenfraude, he’s bringing your reputation into disrepute.

The rule is advantage not pot luck where the ball ends up.
Every time you kick the ball is pot luck. A free kick doesn't mean it goes exactly where you want it or you have another go. Advantage just means you kept it moving towards a favourable position, which they did, just didn't mark it.

People really don't understand the rule. Previous umpires have come out and defended it, yet people still think it was incorrect.

I doubt I’ve seen a worse umpired GF.

Obviously the first bounce was an omen.

Then the horrid high free kicks to daicos and hipwood set the scene for players playing for high free kicks all game.

But what shitted me off the most were the basics around setting the mark. Players repeatedly walked back at 45 degrees to the mark and were let stand there and then when they did play on, the umpires were ridiculously slow with their play on calls.

And the umpires who didn’t call play on from an out on the full until the player had brought the ball into play by 10m should be kicked in the arse.

The umpiring was sloppy and lazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every time you kick the ball is pot luck. A free kick doesn't mean it goes exactly where you want it or you have another go. Advantage just means you kept it moving towards a favourable position, which they did, just didn't mark it.

People really don't understand the rule. Previous umpires have come out and defended it, yet people still think it was incorrect.

Correct, but you’re arguing with people who’s entire understanding of the rules are if it goes Collingwood’s way, it was wrong. If it went against Collingwood, it was right.

Collingwood fans
Takeeeee it from me, don't even bother arguing with neutrals / Brisbane fans about the umpiring and about what was missed/wasn't missed/bad calls etc, you will never get it through some peoples heads that it wasn't just the better team winning, they'll always look for someone to blame.

Enjoy the win, you guys deserve it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back