FTA-TV Wentworth

Remove this Banner Ad

Some series/flicks grow on you, but this one hit me like a ton of bricks, in a very good way. Acting and characters all around are impressive, and judging by the previews, this show will build momentum pretty well. Only realised later when channel surfing that Channel 111 screened Wentworth at the same time as 115 (with previews and BTS interviews). is this just for the debut episode?

111 and Arena screened it at 8.30pm but it was just a one off to get people hooked.Foxtel have done that before.I think the most recent one was Come Dine With Me Australia which was on about 4 channels at once.

That's not "developing" the characters. That's ripping them off. If the show had been a prequel, and was set in the 70s it may have credibility. And the new Doreen is a gin. Where's the "old trait" in that? It just seems so wrong to me that they can pervert those old characters in such a way and place them in an entirely different era. I'm surprised that there isn't some copyright law protecting TV characters.
Whats the big deal? Cant see whats so wrong with using old characters names in a new era. The old Prisoner is ancient history anyways and its no different to say the new Hawai 5-0 series using similar names as well in their new series. What a massive over reaction. For christ sakes its only a tv show not a real life drama series

perhaps she survived

Hopefully. I was finding it weird the fact that Meg was a bitch and Vera was nice though. Watched it again this morning and enjoyed it just as much as the first despite the awkwardness of my sister walking in when Franky was getting it on with the other chick

Loved it.
Never really watched Prisoner when I was growing up, so I went in only knowing some of the characters a little bit.
Will definitely be sticking with it right throughout the first series.

It's nice to get some edgy Australian drama, rather than the fluff that is forced down our throats on FTA.

I've kind of been sucked in to watching old episodes of Prisoner in the last couple of years at dinner time because it's whats been in TV, never watched it as I was too young so I have an understanding of most of the characters. I've been looking forward to Wentworth and boy it didn't disappoint!

A really good opening episode and nice to see Meg Jackson finally get it after all those years of being a goody two shoes.... it's karma :p Did Chrissie Latham do it?

When the hooker offered the police van driver a gobby for a pack of smokes at the start that really set the tone of the show. A few change ups it seems with Vera being nice but socially inept it seems. I hold high hopes this looks like quality viewing.

A really good opening episode and nice to see Meg Jackson finally get it after all those years of being a goody two shoes.... it's karma :p Did Chrissie Latham do it?

When the hooker offered the police van driver a gobby for a pack of smokes at the start that really set the tone of the show. A few change ups it seems with Vera being nice but socially inept it seems. I hold high hopes this looks like quality viewing.

You need to remember she is in it for the entire series.

And i wonder if Joyce will get a gig ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of interesting trivia I saw on one of the fan pages:

Apparently Sue 'Boomer' Jenkins had an initial working nickname of 'Lurch' (as in Alice 'Lurch' Jenkins). So Boomer appears to be loosely based on Lurch.

Bit of interesting trivia I saw on one of the fan pages:

Apparently Sue 'Boomer' Jenkins had an initial working nickname of 'Lurch' (as in Alice 'Lurch' Jenkins). So Boomer appears to be loosely based on Lurch.

Imagine running into her in a dark alley. Loved it when she came in at the end and went through Jaks crew.

And the moment of the show was Jaks to Frankie "You're times over Clittie licker" lol.

Imagine running into her in a dark alley. Loved it when she came in at the end and went through Jaks crew.

And the moment of the show was Jaks to Frankie "You're times over Clittie licker" lol.

Clittie licker - line of the series! I cracked up laughing when Jacs said that.

Clittie licker - line of the series! I cracked up laughing when Jacs said that.

The review in todays paper reckons it ramps up even more and it a cracker, and Jacs lines just gets better.

This is one time i feel for those who dont have pay, as so far its the best Aussie show since Phoenix/Janus.

After watching prisoner every day for what seems like forever it feels weird now to have to wait a week between episodes for Wentworth.

Already series linked Wentworth so I don't forget to tune in.
Really looking forward to episode 2 tonight.

Interesting character development tonight about Dorene, also love how the Jaks character is just lingering in the back story. Where is Lizzy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back