Roast Welcome to Carlton Luke Williams ... See ya later Luke Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol... bollocks is a handy word.

In response to the rest of the nuffies in this thread, yes, it is plainly obvious their drafted players have ability (did that really need clarification?? :oops:)... just like the likes of Jordan Russell, Paul Bower and numerous other poorly developed players at Carlton, but if you reckon most Geelong players would be anywhere near the players they are if it weren't for Ling, Enright and Scarlett setting and enforcing the standard, you're kidding yourselves. It's the old adage 'Talent will only take you so far'.

And anyway, who's to say this guy will be any good? There's every chance it will be akin to the spillover effect of a successful premiership team where the vultures circle over bit-part players, and you end up recruiting a Justin Blumfield or Chris Heffernan, and that this guy has been riding the coat-tails of his teammates. He might have been good at making Stephen Wells' coffees.

Anyhow, good luck to him.

Due dilligence, 3 premierships and 14 years under the best recruiter in the business is a pretty good pedigree. Your cynicism is disappointing to say the least.

Personally, I'd rather be a cynic and question the/any decision than blindly accept that it's a good appointment. But that's just me. If you're good, why oh why do you spend 14 years as someone's deputy? Then accept a position at another club... as a deputy?!?! And who does the due diligence, the same blokes who farcically removed the coach last year, not 12 months after renewing his contract??

It may well be a masterstroke, and I hope it is, but there are questions to be asked.

Well... this is an interesting turn of events, isn't it?

Not sure.

But I think 'personal reasons' may not explain the situation accurately as to why he left if he is employed by another club so soon. I'm a bit surprised he didn't go back to Geelong though because I doubt he's been given the head job at Richmond.

So what's the scoop?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure.

But I think 'personal reasons' may not explain the situation accurately as to why he left if he is employed by another club so soon. I'm a bit surprised he didn't go back to Geelong though because I doubt he's been given the head job at Richmond.

I don't quite get why he left Geelong in the first place for another 2IC's position.
Seems very strange now that he would go to another club and still not get the RM's gig.
Maybe he doesn't want the final call on players.

Not sure.

They had to get him over somehow :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back